masterblaster72

Ranking for dropzones by size/number of jumps per year?

Probably -- I know they're different from regular jumps, but they're jumps nonetheless...

IMO, I would only count returning jumpers.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Probably -- I know they're different from regular jumps, but they're jumps nonetheless...

IMO, I would only count returning jumpers.

Tandems and AFF students not fill the plane? If they make a skydive they are a jumper even if only once.

Greenie in training.

Tandems and AFF students not fill the plane? If they make a skydive they are a jumper even if only once.

The only question is how do you count tandems? 2 jumps, 3 with video, or just 1? Same for AFF.

when you need 8 (or 15, or just 3) to get the plane up, every slot counts!

The only question is how do you count tandems? 2 jumps, 3 with video, or just 1? Same for AFF.

when you need 8 (or 15, or just 3) to get the plane up, every slot counts!

If there are 3 people on the plane facilitating a tandem and they all exit they are all skydiving correct? If you follow that logic yes you count them all. Each of them has a paid slot on the load.

Greenie in training.

^Paul has somewhere between 15-17 airplanes at any given time. At CSS we'll usually be jumping a different airplane every weekend, often several different airplanes in the same day as they are constantly flying in and out for maintnence and military contracts.

Anyhow, the point that i was trying to make was that there isn't nessisarily a direct correlation between DZ size and number of jumps per year. CSS is a huge DZ, but our number of jumps per year falls short of a number of very busy smaller DZ's.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

i bet you're -Barry- reincarnate.

I'll bet you're right. Did you ever go to Barry's website? Talk about "much to do about nothing"

Lot's of junk for those that prefer to observe life rather than live it.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

i bet you're -Barry- reincarnate.

Hehe Arlo, that was my first thought too. But I was nice enough not to say it. :P:D

Sometimes I think about how nice it would be to check IP's to prove my theories, but usually these guys with multiple profiles make it way too obvious anyway.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ok, so I guess there's no list or ranking of dz's...I know it's pretty subjective, but I was wondering what they might be. Maybe I should make a new thread asking people to list the five they think are the biggest/best, would probably make for an interesting discussion.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I believe it's been done, just use that wonderful "Search Post" feature;) You'll find all the answers you're looking for in your search.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I believe it's been done, just use that wonderful "Search Post" feature;) You'll find all the answers you're looking for in your search.

Isn't it just grand that this site has grown so huge that it can be a source unto itself? :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

myabe , we should put in this one what Dz has the best facilities and landing areas . I dont think that having one aircraft more than other will make a better Dz.
And for example I was traveling for 2 months and needed to use internet or a phone to contact my country, in skydive Az and they didnt have internet , and didnt want to lend the office one , because they said I could put some virus , :S , maybe they shoulh have less aircraft and take care of other stuff.

who knows what Dz has the best facilities and landing area . ??

I do.

I'll agree...now if the water did not have as much sulphur :)
Kris.

They worked on that over the winter and it's a whole lot better this year.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.