BillyVance

Demo jump cancelled because of a vengeful jumper

My name is Belynda Adams, or "BA, the vengeful jumper" targeted in this text. After being notified by a fellow jumper that these allegations were made,I would like to say that this jump was cancelled due to insurance issues without anything concerning me. As a fellow jumper who, too, has feelings and integrity,I was amazed that something so painfully slanderous could be possible. I have been deeply hurt by something so unfounded and even more amazed that someone could potentially confabulate such a hurtful story. Out of respect I ask that everyone get their facts straight before lashing out in such a painful way at someone. I have tried to make sense of this unsensable situation all day, with great sadness. Respectfully, Belynda Adams, who happened to have participatied (successfully) in this

demo jump two years ago.

I don't know what she did, but obviously she told the rally organizer something, and had the plug pulled on the demo...

How did you conclude she was responsible?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

My name is Belynda Adams, or "BA, the vengeful jumper" targeted in this text. After being notified by a fellow jumper that these allegations were made,I would like to say that this jump was cancelled due to insurance issues without anything concerning me. As a fellow jumper who, too, has feelings and integrity,I was amazed that something so painfully slanderous could be possible. I have been deeply hurt by something so unfounded and even more amazed that someone could potentially confabulate such a hurtful story. Out of respect I ask that everyone get their facts straight before lashing out in such a painful way at someone. I have tried to make sense of this unsensable situation all day, with great sadness. Respectfully, Belynda Adams, who happened to have participatied (successfully) in this

demo jump two years ago.

I give 10 points for using confabulate in a sentence.

But I take away 10 points for using unsensable.

So in the end, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

:D;)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

demo jump two years ago.

Just because you were on the load 2 years ago doesn't mean that you're qualified to do a demo that an S&TA said you couldn't be on. If this was a jump into a race-track, the S&TA probably considered the landing area a level 2, requiring a PRO rating.

I can guarantee you that demo accidents happen with even the most qualified demo jumpers. Look what happened in Colorado last year; some of the best PRO rated demo jumpers in the country blew it and sent a pregnant woman to the hospital. If an accident happens, it's very easy for the FAA to come in a say "what was a C licensee doing on a Level 2 jump?" It would have voided the insurance. Your S&TA was looking out for you.

I find it interesting that you ask everybody to wait for the facts, but the only fact you give is that you were on the load 2 years ago. That speaks volumes. Look out for the karma fairy.

Billy,

I have a big fat nasty-gram from Belynda's lawyer in my inbox. While I'm seldom impressed or intimidated by a lawyer trying to sue my on the other side of the globe, I would like to know: Is her statement true or not? If it is, then you (and everyone who jumped on the bandwagon) owe her a serious apology. If it's not true, then please substantiate your claims. A few people have asked - how did she get the demo canceled? What did she actually do? And how do you know it?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I think the answers to your questions are in his previous posts. They're not what your looking for as conclusive direct evidence; in fact, Billy doesn't hide that his allegation is based on circumstantial evidence of her relationship with the event, of not being allowed to jump the demo, and the demo being cancelled one week prior to the event.

Edited cuz I cant spel.

The Vengeful jumper term seems to have been substanciated(spel) by this very action.....

Personally.......I thought BA was BA Baracus from the A Team...........I only found out who Billy was talking about once she posted her real name.....

Is she wanting to sue herself?

ohhhh......what the hell, I think that I am going to throw in my two cents as well. Don't you think that she is exhibiting just the type of personality that would be vengeful if she is getting a lawyer to email DZ.com for what someone said.

Come on, I don't know a thing about this whole situation other than what I have read on here, but it seems pretty clear to me that this "BA" is obviously a childish whiner!

There's my two cents:D this has to be one of the funniest things that I have heard on DZ.com. Thanks guys for a gut buster:D:D:D;)B|:o:D:ph34r:;)
Live today as tomorrow may not come

I give 10 points for using confabulate in a sentence.

But I take away 10 points for using unsensable.

So in the end, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

:D;)

lol, that was the best post in the entire thread. great scorekeeping vercetti.

ohhhh......what the hell, I think that I am going to throw in my two cents as well. Don't you think that she is exhibiting just the type of personality that would be vengeful if she is getting a lawyer to email DZ.com for what someone said.

Come on, I don't know a thing about this whole situation other than what I have read on here, but it seems pretty clear to me that this "BA" is obviously a childish whiner!

There's my two cents:D this has to be one of the funniest things that I have heard on DZ.com. Thanks guys for a gut buster:D:D:D;)B|:o:D:ph34r:;)

Good point, crying about slander on an internet forum is pretty dumb. She's not a celebrity and I would guess that 90% of the people here don't even know her, so having a lawyer get involved in this is pretty stupid.

Someone is bitter, that much is certain.

Sue you? Sheesh - if it's gonna be litigated shouldn't it be Billy, not DZ.com?

For me, she loses any cred for doing it.

on many other threads I read that skydivers don't sue... Does she want to jump again someday in her area ??:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Skydivers don't need lawyers. >:(

Women just need to use their own "balls", and stand up for themselves, and yes, men, and women do have those "balls" .

Come on ladies, fight the battles around you without the ------- lawyers. :(

We do not know, and, have never met either of these skydivers.

Skydiving is changing because?

SGC

If this was a jump into a race-track, the S&TA probably considered the landing area a level 2, requiring a PRO rating.

If an accident happens, it's very easy for the FAA to come in a say "what was a C licensee doing on a Level 2 jump?" It would have voided the insurance. Your S&TA was looking out for you.

Since there has been a very rapid and intense increase in insurance premiums, USPA has had to make the choice that in order to keep the Demo Insurance Program each skydiver who participates in a Level 2 Demo -must- have a minimum of 1,000 jumps.

If this demo truly was found to have the parameters of a Level 2 demo, then everyone on the jump -must- meet this requirement, plus be a qualified PRO rated skydiver.

The 1,000 jump minimum was just inacted this year. 2 years ago it would not have been a factor.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

For those who don't have the "Demonstration Jump Insurance Requirements" Form handy. Here it is in .pdf form.

See attached.

Notice the "Level 2 and Stadium Insurance Requirements" section. Especially "B".

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

My sentiments about her having her lawyer send me an email is the same as you guys. I don't always have the luxury of just saying what's on my mind on here though - probably a good thing too!

With that being said, if Billy can't substantiate his claims (regardless of our feelings about her getting a lawyer involved) then what he did doesn't win him any brownie-points in my book either. If that's the case I still hold the he owes her an apology, and this thread won't stand for long.

To both Billy and Bylinda: Next time you 2 have an itch to scratch, go do it somewhere else. I certainly don't have the time nor the desire to get dragged into petty BS like this. There, I spoke my mind! ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro