Nickkk

What jump # did you first land standing up?

So, as the title reads, What jump number was the first time you executed a stand up landing?

I agree the answers are likely to be skewed towards those who did it early..
for me, #2 (no aid on landing), and i stood up exactly every 2nd jump till jump 8, then most of the rest of them, until i recently downsized off the big student canopies and with a couple of no-wind landings...[:/] and so the learning curve continues, as it will for the next 10000 jumps.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Jump #2

first was feet to butt landing, all of my jumps have been standup / running landings except #2 and #21 (yesterday) where the wind did about a 45 degree change when I was about 25-50 feet in the air, which resulted in a crosswind butt skid landing:$ with a pretty rash on my left butt cheek...

Jump 1 thru 43, then I ate shit on jump 44. :P

Now that's pretty good! I stood up 1 through 3 then ate shit on jump 4.

I thought so too, then I was bragging to a friend as we drove to Lodi for Beech 18 wednesdays, that when I ate shit. [:/]

From learning on the student 288 Manta to down sizing to the Falcon 215, I thought I was smokin'! :D:D:D

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

# 1 - never had problems wwith landings, but that doesn't mean i have to do a stand up on every landing. if i have to i know how to do a PLF

it's more embarrasing to get carried away on a stretcher than walking away with a dirty suit ...
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Landed standing up on both my jumps which i did on sunday being my 3rd and 4th jumps, was soo amazingly cool cos the first jump i did i forgot about the whole bringing my canopy down and i got dragged onto my back and on the second i roled cos it was a bit of a hard landing.