jasonRose

When did they chage the requirements for licenses??

You don't need any license for a night jump. It isn't a BSR. It is only recommended that you have a B. Legally, you can make your first skydive on a 300 way night jump on a moonless night, with no training, jumping your own rig that you packed yourself - also with no instruction. The BSRs are two pages long out of the whole of the SIM. The BSRs are what will get you booted from the USPA if you violate them enough - or once. It depends. But for the rest of the SIM, you can violate that to your heart's content and you may get a good talking to or a grounding or something. But there's nothing outside the BSRs to be enforced.

Status among your bro's. AFF instructors need a D don't they???

Status?:S I could give a flying fuck what someone's license is. All I care about is if they're safe and can fly their slot. Methinks you might be in this sport for the wrong reasons if you really believe in that.

One can be an AFF-I with a C-license. The D is only required for Tandem and the PRO rating, I believe.

You've really got a lot of sand in your vagina over this one, don't you?:|

WHOA!! Be gentle.:S.
I think everyone would agree let your flying do the talking.

I just think to get the title as a master the testing should be such that you are a bad ass skydiver regardless of your jump numbers wehter it be 250 or 10,000 jumps.:ph34r: Catch my drift.;):P:$B|:D:ph34r:
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

In fact there's no additional advantage to having a "D with 200 jumps over having a "C" with 200 jumps.

I know of one boogie that requires a 'D' license, so those with a 'D' and 201 jumps can go while those with a 'C' and 400 jumps can't. That's at least one advantage.

That said, I agree with most everyone else in this thread, it's not a badge of honor, it's not something that buys you status. Want honor and status, prove yourself in the sky. People there don't care about a license, they care about skills and safety.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

The term "Master" skydiver is pretty interesting. There are a lot of different disciplines in skydiving. Being great at one, doesn't mean that you are proficient in the others (or any).

There is flatflying, headdown, style, CRW, and bunches more.

The level of 500 jumps is one of those statistical probability levels.
At 500 jumps, you have 500 landings, so you can "probably" land safely.
You may know how to spot.
You have enough experience with your gear.
You will have control of yourself and have the choice of being safe.

It means that you can get on the plane and make decisions based on the information that you have obtained over the last 500 jumps. That is about it.

If the cost of skydiving worries you, get out now (seriously). I've spent way more than that. A person on a competitive 4-way team told me that they spend $7K a year, even with sponsorships.

The term "Master" skydiver is pretty interesting. There are a lot of different disciplines in skydiving. Being great at one, doesn't mean that you are proficient in the others (or any).

This is the point I am trying to make exactly. Shouldn't testing for a D license encompass all of those diciplines and you should be profecient at all of them before calling someone a jump master? My personal opinion is it shouldn't be based on jump numbers and some weak profecientcy requirements to get a D license it should be based on your performance. If you can make the cut then you will be a jump master but from what I hear in here is that the term jump master doesn't really mean you are one.:P

Consider your self lucky if you wanted to get a 'D' here in the UK you would need over 1000 jumps.

So 1000 x £20 = £20,000

exchane rate being about $1.8 to the £

£20,000 x 1.8 = $36,000

spendy to jump there I guess that is why there are lots of jumpers from around the world making lots of jumps in the states:

at todays exchange rate:

20,000.00 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds = 36,592.47 USD
United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.82962 USD 1 USD = 0.546561 GBP

or to look at it another way, a common ticket price in the US is $20:

20.00 USD
United States Dollars = 10.9325 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds
1 USD = 0.546625 GBP 1 GBP = 1.82941 USD

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

This is the point I am trying to make exactly. Shouldn't testing for a D license encompass all of those diciplines and you should be profecient at all of them before calling someone a jump master? My personal opinion is it shouldn't be based on jump numbers and some weak profecientcy requirements to get a D license it should be based on your performance. If you can make the cut then you will be a jump master but from what I hear in here is that the term jump master doesn't really mean you are one.:P

Can you point out where "D" license and "jump master" are synonymous in any current USPA publication?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Can you point out where "D" license and "jump master" are synonymous in any current USPA publication?

Kallend - on my "d" license card it says Master on it, but its old. Not referring to JM, but master skydiver. I didn't think they did that anymore, but I could be mistaken.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I think the answer to the thread subject is sometime around Sept. 2003 USPA changed the jump requirements from
A 20
B 50
C 100
D 200
to
A 25
B 50
C 200
D 500
to conform to international standards. Licenses equal privledges.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

If the money matters, does this mean you intend to get a D and quit jumping?

Yes I am going to get my D license and quit jumping. That has been my plan the whole time. After that I am going to build the worlds tallest tower and piss off it onto my D license.

Seeing on how I plan to be the best skydiver in the world I don't see an end in the future.:ph34r:

from what I hear in here is that the term jump master doesn't really mean you are one.

Right. After 500 jumps, you are probably proficient at landing and capable of saving your own life.

It's like a 4-year degree from a college. Do you know everything? No. Do you know something? Yes. More than a few others with 50 jumps? Most likely.

You should quit worrying about the whole "master" definition. I don't see the point.

Non-skydivers will be impressed that you have 10 skydives, other skydivers will be impressed with your skills at some point. Neither relates to the card.

Kallend - on my "d" license card it says Master on it, but its old. Not referring to JM, but master skydiver. I didn't think they did that anymore, but I could be mistaken.

j

You are not mistaken - current licenses do not have any descriptive terms like "master" attached, and you won't find those terms in the SIM.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes I am going to get my D license and quit jumping. That has been my plan the whole time. After that I am going to build the worlds tallest tower and piss off it onto my D license.

Seeing on how I plan to be the best skydiver in the world I don't see an end in the future.:ph34r:

Sweet. I guess if you ask a smart-assed question... Now my question is this:
Can I come too, and after we piss on your USPA card (which actually sounds fun) lets take a 2-way off the B and see who can hit the card without slipping and getting our gear all wet! :o

Sweet. I guess if you ask a smart-assed question... Now my question is this:
Can I come too, and after we piss on your USPA card (which actually sounds fun) lets take a 2-way off the B and see who can hit the card without slipping and getting our gear all wet! :o

LOL;) Sounds fantastic! Do you have a hammer so I can start construction?

from what I hear in here is that the term jump master doesn't really mean you are one.

You should quit worrying about the whole "master" definition. I don't see the point.
reply]***

I definatly agree... Seeing how my D license is a year or two out. Symantics are easy to get stuck on.
:P But I am planning to be the best skydiver in the world.:ph34r: Or at least in my dreams:D.

j

I've got one of the old ones with Master printed on it. It turns out the police officers are unimpressed when they ask you for a license though. ;)

They went through a period where the background was blue skies with white puffy clouds on it. I thought that was better than the bland solid color.