has anyone got any video of people tracking feet first?

Hit up jimmyhalliday.com send him an E-mail if he ain't seen this yet. If any one has it I'm sure he does, or something better. and if he don't I'm sure you'll see something like it in one of his upcomming videos. Yea those guy's and godesses in LODI.

>Isn't that called back sliding?

Yep. But a freeflyer will reinvent it and call it "reverse atmonauti" or something. It sounds so much better than backsliding, don't you think?

Jimmy Tranter is the first person I know of who was leading tracking dives in reverse. I think he calls it the "Deland MoonSlide". It's definitely a flat track, not at all like Atmonutty.

Jimmy Tranter is the first person I know of who was leading tracking dives in reverse. I think he calls it the "Deland MoonSlide". It's definitely a flat track, not at all like Atmonutty.

What sort of body position does he use for that, Chuck? Sounds really hard, since our CG is so far forward we're naturally suited for headfirst flight. I don't doubt what you've said, but I have a real hard time figuring out the logistics of it...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

What sort of body position does he use for that, Chuck? Sounds really hard, since our CG is so far forward we're naturally suited for headfirst flight. I don't doubt what you've said, but I have a real hard time figuring out the logistics of it...

I saw video from at least a hundred training jumps when Jimmy and The Freedom of flight were training for nationals. He could go feet first flatter than most can headfirst. It was pretty impressive.

For Great Deals on Gear

Was he on his belly or back? Were legs fully extended? Arms? I'm trying to picture the body position here. :o

Thanks.

Jimmy T can track head or feet first, on his belly or back as well or better than most people's standard "track."

For feet first on his belly, his arms are straight out. His torso is flat with his legs down at around a 45 degree angle. It's fast as hell too.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

If there isn't any video of Jimmy T tracking feet first belly toward the ground, online anywhere someone needs to get some pronto.....its a trip to watch... he looks like ultraman.:)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

belly and back.

Imagine a being in a T that is front/back sliding so badly you are near horzontal, and tracking accros the sky. Except the arms are more above the head than extended outwards.

Makes sense, maybe in a freefly suit. Like forward motion by supermanning your arms forward and down. But with more surface area. Bet it cooks.

Seems booties would make this harder as the legs would be even harder to keep down. Was he wearing booties?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Makes sense, maybe in a freefly suit. Like forward motion by supermanning your arms forward and down. But with more surface area. Bet it cooks.

Seems booties would make this harder as the legs would be even harder to keep down. Was he wearing booties?

You've described it pretty accurately. They wore freefly suits, so there were no booties.

I'm still trying to find video.

Talked to my freefly coach/guru John Chisholm. He can track feet first belly or back...just about as flat as his regular track.

He said Gi is super sick at it.

He also gave props to the Lodi boys. Said they were doing feet first tracking in a tracking competition dive a few years back but they got last place. He thinks they should have gotten first and that the only reason they didn't is that no one could comprehend what they were really doing...

I'll get some vid of him doing it.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

He also gave props to the Lodi boys. Said they were doing feet first tracking in a tracking competition dive a few years back but they got last place. He thinks they should have gotten first and that the only reason they didn't is that no one could comprehend what they were really doing...

Are you sure he's not referring to Jimmy Trantor and Chris Hayes (Paxton Vinyard flying video)? Sounds a lot like what happened to them. I'm guessing that there is footage of that with the Nationals video, if anyone has it. (I don't)

I haven't had any luck finding video.