FrankTheTank

Skyride owners indited on wire fraud

I'm not taking it personally I was just making sure he had the right girl. To the best of my knowledge Tink hasn't been over at the farm at all in the past few weeks. I have been over there I just didn't want frank to be confused.
--------------------------------------------------Live for today, Love as if there will be no tomorrow!

Ok guys.None of this should be taken personal.Think about it.It's business and I vote with my dollars.

When you impersonate a dead man to steal from his widow and children, you're well past the line separating business and personal.

Your right...and you don't find me at ASC.Just trying to move it along.

When you impersonate a dead man to steal from his widow and children, you're well past the line separating business and personal.

Especially when it's THAT dead man!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

It is sad that people enjoy discussing things like this. I think that jealously is pathetic and if any one on this thread had come up with the idea like Skyride and actually knew something about the business world it would be a different story.

I hope that ASC and Skyride come out of this.

I don't even jump in Georgia any longer, put I do support them and appauld Tinkerbell's comments.

And Frank, I think that you should actually have evidence before you make a comment such as this

It is sad that people enjoy discussing things like this. I think that jealously is pathetic and if any one on this thread had come up with the idea like Skyride and actually knew something about the business world it would be a different story.

I hope that ASC and Skyride come out of this.

I don't even jump in Georgia any longer, put I do support them and appauld Tinkerbell's comments.

And Frank, I think that you should actually have evidence before you make a comment such as this

Dude -
Their concept on what they're doing is awesome.

If it were applied in the same way and deception was not used as a tactic to get the customer's credit card number it would be even better. If all dropzones charged the exact same amount for a tandem, video, AFF, S/L, whatnot, and all dropzones gave a cut to the vendor who sold them the certificate, I wouldn't have as many issues with the business concept as I do. Deception is not a way to make money in this world. It's suprising that it's taken so long for action to come against them. They've had plenty of shots to clean up their business model. They haven't. So, unfortunately, the people who make the world a better place (attorneys) have to come in and clean up the mess.
------
Michael

...if any one on this thread had come up with the idea like Skyride and actually knew something about the business world it would be a different story...

Please enlighten us about what do we not know about the business world.

The basic concept of Skyride is not new. Paying others to do your marketing is not unusual. But Skyride in actual practice is not like expedia or any other comparison.

Are we to tolerate illegal business practices?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

first time i've called it :P

Basicly, got a guy that is posting something opposite of what people wanna hear (in and of itself, does not make a troll), but is ignoring the reasons that people have a problem with skyride (does not address them at all).. He's just looking for reaction, .. Troll.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

You would have a better argument if you also had stated in your initial posting: "I am a staff member at Skydive the Farm, a business entity which is in direct competition with ASC and their respective owners."

Otherwise the "rumors" seem awfully self-serving.

That is why i said "rumor has it'.You should pick more honorable people to defend!

You would have a better argument if you also had stated in your initial posting: "I am a staff member at Skydive the Farm, a business entity which is in direct competition with ASC and their respective owners."

Otherwise the "rumors" seem awfully self-serving.

You would be taken seriously if you filled out your profile. :S

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

sure, if you can look over the fact they lost half their staff and a rigger---not to mention their credibility to the business and skydiving world...great operation they're running:D

Did you read my post, I said a couple of years back, when Method (Who broke up around a year ago I think) was there. As far as the crediblity thing goes, I think I covered that with

Actually, Ben was a great guy. I took him on his first Tube Jump, and he invited my crew to his new house for dinner one evening. I think he is a hell of a guy, it's just a shame he has no scruples.

I don't agree with his deception in getting tandems to his dropzone, but I am not a DZO loosing business there, I am not directly affected by Skyride here in Florida, and I was just saying I had a good time there a couple of years back.

I was also disputing the statement the Ben is never around the dropzone. He was there for the majority of the time I spent there. At the DZ from sun up to sun down.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Very mature...

Having a different opinion is a god given right. You may not agree with someone, but name calling is ... to say the least childish.

It may be true that the concept is not new.... so answer this question......
Why hasn't anyone else who is in the Skydiving BUSINESS not done something similar? It great to see people getting such enjoyment from the problems of other people. Quite sad actually...

Why hasn't anyone else who is in the Skydiving BUSINESS not done something similar?

I'm sorry, are you talking about stealing copywrited materials or overtly deceptive tactics?

The theft is indisputable!
Please forgive me if I find some small satifaction in the legal problems of someone who stole from me.

If I broke into your house and stole your TV, I'm sure you'd be happy if I was arrested.

Again, the theft is indisputable.
Don't be dilliberatly obtuse.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

What is Quite sad is a so called Business that

1. Routinely Lies about their Location.
2. Has 100`s of Fraudulent and misleading websites.
3. Committed serious wire Fraud by calling AT&T and pretending to be Chris Martin in order to have his 1-800 Number redirected to SKYRIDE after he died.
4. That uses Photos and Websites stolen from other Skydivers on their Fraudulent websites.
5. Has many hidden Charges such as "Gear Rental Fee" for tandems, Extra Altitude Fees, Big Plane Fees and other unexpected costs.

Is this the Business model that you are referring to??

Of course ASC has Air-conditioned packing and a cool plane as a result of this, so all this alright in the eyes of some people.:S

Very mature...

Having a different opinion is a god given right. You may not agree with someone, but name calling is ... to say the least childish.

It may be true that the concept is not new.... so answer this question......
Why hasn't anyone else who is in the Skydiving BUSINESS not done something similar? It great to see people getting such enjoyment from the problems of other people. Quite sad actually...

Ok , to be honest the concept is a great idea. I am not disputing that. What isn't a great idea is stealing from a dead mans family. Sure , transferring the number of Tulluhoma to ASC is a great idea. Bad business though. lying to people over the phone isn't good business idea. It's silly all of us arguing over this shit. At the end of the day the people behind skyride will get what is rightfully deserved. You can defend them all you want. As for people in the business not doing anything:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

>Why hasn't anyone else who is in the Skydiving BUSINESS not done something similar?

Because most DZO's are not criminals.

>It great to see people getting such enjoyment from the problems of other people.

Is that better or worse than making money off dead people by misrepresenting them?