mia137

planning a first and only skydiving experience

Hi. I want to surprise my boyfriend by taking him and his best friend skydiving for his birthday. Just a one-time thing. He's in Oklahoma at Tinker AFB so i was thinking of going to the Oklahoma Skydiving Center and doing a tandem jump so we could experience freefall since we're only going once. Does that sound like a good plan, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Hehehe...ust wait, its so amazing!!

I thought mine was going to be a "one time thing"...now Im a student...

My husband thought I was crazy and then reluctantly decided to do it with me...now he is very excited to be a student next month or so...

I'm so excited for you! The first time is so FANTASTIC!!!

Oh, and get the video! Its soooooo worth it!

Blue skies

doing a tandem jump so we could experience freefall since we're only going once.

LOL...that's what I said too. :ph34r:

Yes, tandems are a great way to go. Make sure you spring for the video package!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Like the others, doing that first tandem was my demise. Did a second one an hour later and it was a slippery slope from there. 200 jumps later I still think it's the best thing I ever did. However, I have organized tandem jumps for over a dozen friends and relatives and only one has gone on to AFF and become a sport jumper.

Go for it, have a blast. Either way, it will change your life.

Blue skies!
One of the surest signs that intelligent life exists in outer space is that none of it has tried to contact us.

If you can afford it you should go with him. Skydiving is quite the life experience that I think everyone should try at least once. Don't miss this opportunity to go and make a jump with him. That way you will be able to understand him once you get down.

Have fun

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

oh, don't worry, im going! im not going to let him have all the fun! And thanks to everyone for all the responses. I just kind of thought of this as a maybe thing and starte4d doing some research, but now the idea is in my head and i think i set on it. :)

Oklahoma Skydiving Center is a top-notch operation, as is Skydive Hinton just outside of Oklahoma City. I'm sure they'll have a great and safe time at either.:)
Have fun!:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™