Fleahop

Aircraft you want to see at the WFFC

Thanks to everyone for all the nice things yall are saying. This reply will be one to answer several. I am reading all the post but my time is limited and it will be hard to answer everyone personally. I am going to try but please be patient and keep the Ideas comming. Not only for aircraft but other things as well that you would like to see at the convention. I will foward them to those who need them the most. Thanks for everything.

I am working on getting Rod back, there are 3 issues with that $$$, insurance, and FAA. FAA I can probly handle as for $$$ and Insurance well that is up to someone else. He want to come back and misses the convention but most of all he says he misses the people. He was there for a couple of days this year just visiting and was going to jump but didn't get to.

I never thought about a glider I will look into that. what would be nice is a WWII type that will carry several people. I have a plane that will tow it if I can find one yall keep looking. I will call the 3 blimp owners in the US that I know of shake the bushes and see what falls out. I also want to find a float plane on amphibs. If you have never

As for the canopy that blew up I don't know what happened but I did buy my rigger a VERY good VERY old bottle of Anjo Rum.

OH YA Just to set the record straight...I was looking through some old forms and saw a couple of comments about my abilities when it comes to my Hardley (scooter)...

It was around midnight, I was sober as a judge having just left the communion service at the Caddy Shack.!! What happened was I hit a micro burst, Stalled, Got into a flat spin, and punched out; taking into consideration the size guy I am and the canopy that is used in the stock ejection seat on a hardley I had to PLF when I landed. After I landed I walking back through snake infested bean fields pushing my fine Hardley when I was jumped by 5 REALLY BIG UGLY Guys I was able to whip 4 of them but the fith one had a ball bat and broke my coller bone and sholder blade. Ya I know this sound like chit but thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Keep the ideas comming
Thanks Flea.
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

That would be nice. I will talk to some people here at Ft. Rucker but I think the answer will be no. There is a company that owns a couple privitely I will email them. The cost of operation is very high so the stars and planets would have to line up and they would have to be ferrying it cross the country at just the right time.

Oh By the way have yall heard that the convention dates have been changed this year to July 21 through July 31. This was done to help with the fact that alot of jumpers have kids that start to school the first of august.

Thanks
Flea
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

I never got to jump from a C-130 in the military so that would be pretty sweet...

I did;).. a few times.... and the C-141 and plenty of heliothwopiters.

They should dig up some C-123's.. or a C-7 Caribou... how about a C119 with the clamshells offB|

I think they made the KC-97 they had at McMinville OR functional and flew it away in the 90's.. that would be really fun.

Speaking of McMinville... the Museum there has the Spruce Goose... that could get a few of us up a few feet:D

West River Skysports....Cool plane,Cool DZ,Cool people :)
leme know if your going...I may join ya....and Fleahop...these guys may be willing to take it to WFFC(but it is a damn slow climber...but then again...can take off and land in someones backyard almost;))..PM me if you want there contact info.

A lot of the "former soviet union" A/C are now operated in the US by Contractors for the military. Maybe you could get a contraced HIP or HIND.

Plus you may want to look into some of the newer ramp A/C like the Spartan (looks like a bulked up CASA). The Spartan can do what the C-130 (for skydiving at least) but with a few less numbesr needed to fill it, so it might be easier to organize.

There is a company in Florida that runs the Bud, Monster and Yahoo (if I remeber right) Blimps. They have had to park a few due to a lack of sponsorship. Thay are a standard (what ever is standard for a Blimp) frame that is adapted (color wise) to the sponsors logo. If I can find the contact info I will send it along.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

You are correct there are alot of Russian aircraft in the us on mil contract but they are experimental when not being used as public use aircraft. This is what the biggest hurtle will be, getting past the experimental rules. If you find any that are in restricted I can work with those.

Thanks
Flea

A lot of the "former soviet union" A/C are now operated in the US by Contractors for the military. Maybe you could get a contraced HIP or HIND.

Plus you may want to look into some of the newer ramp A/C like the Spartan (looks like a bulked up CASA). The Spartan can do what the C-130 (for skydiving at least) but with a few less numbesr needed to fill it, so it might be easier to organize.

There is a company in Florida that runs the Bud, Monster and Yahoo (if I remeber right) Blimps. They have had to park a few due to a lack of sponsorship. Thay are a standard (what ever is standard for a Blimp) frame that is adapted (color wise) to the sponsors logo. If I can find the contact info I will send it along.

If you have the contact info for Yahoo.. PM it to me.. I work for them and might be able to get a quicker answer.
Mark

A blimp would be a gas!

Radials are rad!
The last time I bought a jump ticket was for a Ford Trimotor - with 3 radial engines - that visited Perris Valley, California a few years back.
Concentrate on vintage radials.
A Junkers Ju-52 would be a "died and gone to heaven" experience.

I have always wanted to jump a Cessna 190/195.

Or how about selling a package of jump tickets to every Cessna ever jumped: 150, 170, 172/175, 180/185, 182, 190/195, 205, 206, 207, 208, 210 and a 400-series twin?

DHC Beaver and single Otter would be fun too. Who cares if we climb above 3,000? I just love the smell of hot radial engines.

An AN-2 biplane would be equally amusing.

How about a C-119 Flying Boxcar ?

Turbo props are boring!
With the exception of new designs (PAC750 or PZL Skytruk) there is little "novelty" to most turbo props.

On that note, manufacturers of new jump planes (Quest Kodiak, Gippsland Airvan, Explorer, Found, Gavilin, etc.) should be encouraged to showcase their products to DZOs.

Once again I am writting to answer several post. Thank you all.

I have been on the phone today for more than 4 hours with the FAA and there is a possibility that we will be able to use some of these outlandish aircraft at the convention. This being said it is not approved and we have not found owners that are willing to bring them or let someone else fly them.

So...To go along with the christmas list of aircraft please find where they are based, "N" numbers, owners names and numbers, or some form of contact information where I can get some elves started on this list of toys. I can get all kinds of information from an "N" number.

Who has a Tri-Motor now? There was one in Saint Louis, if anyone lives close to the GA airport on the west side of town slide by and see what you can find. I think I got the blessings to bring aircraft from Nova Scotia in on a LOA for the convention so all yall way up north that know of some of these interesting aircraft that are registered there and being used let me know...Like the AN 2 that I have started working on that was posted with the pictures.

There are some cool facts about the AN 2 that I will see if I can release on the net and maybe write about in the future that no one would believe just looking at the aircraft.

Thanks again
Fleahop