mac2501

music in aircraft

I know everone thinks it's cool. But, in the event of an aircraft emergency i would think one should be 100% focused on what is going on instead of "jamming out." That precious few seconds could be all you have, and what you do may help save someone else's life as well. Safety First....Always.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Some planes even have tunes playing on those tinny speakers you had in your first car.(if you're over 35)
This is a debate in my mind too. Is it distracting or mind enhancing ? What if the tune puts me in an unwanted mood ? or reminds me of the girl that broke my heart ? Haha. What if they're playing country music ? I WANT OUT NOW !
Had the same battle in my mind back in the motorcycle daze i was in years ago. Decided i had enough stimuli and also enough things to listen to that are more important.
Besides, i would get TOO amped up if i really liked the song. My pleasure center isn't that ruined that I need tunes everywhere i go.
But i'm thinking of getting an MP3 player to help me with the lawn mowing this summer.:P

you'll always get boring people droning on about safety, fook safety, just do what you want and have fun

Surely this statement is in jest? If not, i bet jumpers avoid you like the plague.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

you'll always get boring people droning on about safety, fook safety, just do what you want and have fun

Surely this statement is in jest? If not, i bet jumpers avoid you like the plague.

Nope that is pretty much his attitude about everything.Athough I am beginning to wonder if he is actually a jumper at all.I think he may be a 13 year old kid from some nowhere town that just got his first computer this year.Oh and don't everyone get started about how Ian is british and his humor is misunderstood.Skinnyshreck is british and everyone doesn't think he is an ass.

I wonder if the people who say it's too much of a distraction to listen to music in the airplane ever turn their radio's on while their driving their cars? How about while riding a bike or mowing the lawn. Are you able to avoid crashing?
:S
I've been listening to music in the plane for years with no problems. Makes the climb go by much quicker.

Skydive Radio

I wonder if the people who say it's too much of a distraction to listen to music in the airplane ever turn their radio's on while their driving their cars? How about while riding a bike or mowing the lawn. Are you able to avoid crashing?
:S
I've been listening to music in the plane for years with no problems. Makes the climb go by much quicker.

i used to have a car with 3 x 12inch JL subs in the boot, running off a Viper 2500d (2500 watts rms amp) and i managed to drive around with it on full whack no problems ;) there is a safety issue with most things you do in life, saying "what if" all the time will make no difference, just do what you want to do and don't worry.

If the plane goes down, i think you'll generally get an idea whats going off by the fact the others are jumping out ;) and the extremely remote chance og you blocking the door and not hearing whats going off isn't worth even wasting your time worrying about. i think there's more chance of you having a double Mal and losing your brain out of your head when you hit the ground at 120 mph

only if the plane has its own sound system its the pilots call otherwise no.

I'll make this clear not just from a safety point of view but if you fuck the landing up no chances are when you plf you will fuck your mp3 or ipod player.

which is another reason why i don't carry a mobile on the plane like some people i know in case of an off landing. i'm there to jump not to dance unless there is some honey to dance with ;):P

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

depends what you listen to, any rap or R&B shit will get you thrown out of the plane without your chute on

some nice house or techno is fine though

close minded thinking like that just might get you knocked the fuck out in real life...

noone should ever be able to tell someone else what they should and should not be listening to
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Nope that is pretty much his attitude about everything.Athough I am beginning to wonder if he is actually a jumper at all.I think he may be a 13 year old kid from some nowhere town that just got his first computer this year.Oh and don't everyone get started about how Ian is british and his humor is misunderstood.Skinnyshreck is british and everyone doesn't think he is an ass.

Lee is an ass but a nice ass;)
everyone like ass

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

BUT...BUT....BUT....what if the plane got into problems, what if you were too busy listening to the music and smiling to jump out the very second you should?....drone drone drone...blah blah blah

insert boring safety worries

Yep,there he is getting busy with that good old british humor again.Man thats a good one.Your really getting good at this.

depends what you listen to, any rap or R&B shit will get you thrown out of the plane without your chute on

some nice house or techno is fine though

close minded thinking like that just might get you knocked the fuck out in real life...

noone should ever be able to tell someone else what they should and should not be listening to

Can you fly, bobby?

depends what you listen to, any rap or R&B shit will get you thrown out of the plane

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What you listen to is one thing, but if you force me to listen to rap, I will throw your obnoxious ass out of the airplane because I believe "it should be illegal to play rap music within earshot of white men."

Quoting my old boss, Manley Butler.

Call me a grumpy old foggy, but jump planes are loud enough already.

ill tell you right off the bat that i love hip hop...not really for the past 5 years but in 90-97 it was great...

im italian..from nyc..29 years old..

however ill be the first to tell you that whatever it is they play on the radio for hip hop nowadays is 100% complete crap..

if i was driving with someone who didnt like hip hop..never would i force it on them..

i can listen to dolly parton..to iron maiden..to kelly clarkson..to king diamond..to james taylor..then turn around and put the beatles on right before some mobb deep..im a real life fan of music and its history and culture in general..a music afficiando actually

ive written..recorded..and played music live for about 20 years now...since i played the trumpet when i was 9..since then i have learned to play..guitar..bass..drums..keys..ive recorded my own music in professional studios since 1995 with bands and or making hip hop

ive managed to record songs with some of my idols..my peers..my best freinds..and even my enemies..

eventually i will be the first artist to ever film a music video while actually skydiving.and not in a harness in front of a green screen..

so when it comes to music im as open minded as they get..and i dont mind listening to anything..and i dont feel anyone should really say what someone else should be listening to..i realize everyone has their opinions..but please allow people to form their own without your influence
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I am going to make a relevant comment here.. I bought one of the Ipod Nano's and have been using it to jump with. Its size allows it to go on my arm even with my wingsuit on. I listen to it on the way up to altitude and then throw my helmet over my head and the headphones stay in place up to the point where i land.. and at least wearing the WS i can listen to the tunes all the way down.
I have been debating wearing the headphones though for the exact reason discussed here. I have already encounteres situations where I cannot hear what people around me are saying. I sometimes sit next to the door with my tunes on...
I dont really think that what i am doing is the smartest thing and i DO worry that shit can happen and i will realize it a split second later.. which could make all the difference in the world..
SO maybe ill keep wearing the headphones but turn the music way down... or just take them off and stop messing around... it is also just one more thing to worry about.

So now I would like to hear opinions on my debate and what you guys think of my situation.

blues,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I listen to everything. Some genres for the lyrics, and some just for the beat. But basically, no matter what you play, I dont mind. I would like to listen to music on the way up. But with my jump numbers so INCREDIBLY low :$, I dont think it is a smart idea to start yet. For me, music just enhances what is going on. Play a really good song, and Ill be pumped up to do just about anything!

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus