JumpHog

Dropzones with Medivac based on airport

I was wondering if their are any DZ with a medivac helicopter based permanately on the airport.

Perris has the county morgue about 1 mile north of the end of the runway.
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

I was wondering if their are any DZ with a medivac helicopter based permanately on the airport.

Oh really??? So any fatality there would have a very short trip down the runway? :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can top that, Harry. Richmond has a cemetary -at- the end of their runway....:P >

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So Riverside County finally replaced their rundown morgue?

Skydive Aggieland has Phi (another air medivac company) on the airport, just a couple hundred yards away from our hangers.

Basically, they will spool up but not take off if we have canopies in the air or jumpers away. They will call the DZ and ask how many canopies to look for and count canopies. Then they'll wait a bit just to make sure. If they call us when we're climbing or on jumprun, we'll go around to give them time to get off the ground and leave. Their medics have even come out on a golf cart to check out a jumper or two after a hard biff landing. We haven't had any real injuries since they moved on to our airport, thank god, but if we do they're more then willing to help. We're brothers in aviation and they feel the same way. The staff at the DZ and the staff with the Phi guys have gotten to know each other and regard each other with respect. So I guess you can say that its definately a good relationship.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was wondering if their are any DZ with a medivac helicopter based
permanately on the airport.

At the Cushing, Oklahoma airport (KCUH), there is the Oklahoma
Skydiving Center and an AirEvac Lifeteam base. I don't work here, but
OSC is my home DZ. I'm at the DZ for the weekend and I will ask about
any special procedures on Sunday; if you have any more detailed
questions, reply or PM me before Sunday evening and I should be able
to find out.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

At the Cushing, Oklahoma airport (KCUH), there is the Oklahoma Skydiving Center and an
AirEvac Lifeteam base.

I asked the DZO and he said that there wasn't any special procedure outside of the jump pilot and
the medevac pilot monitoring and reporting on the advisory frequency for the airport. I assume that
if the medevac needed to take off or land while there was a jump going on, the two pilots would
co-ordinate it between themselves. FWIW, I have seen the helicopter take off and land a few times
during jump hours, and it always seems to be between loads, or else the helicopter immediately heads
in a direction away from where the jumpers are.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.