jumper410

Drop Zone Ethics - 101 (In Kansas City)

Any credibility you may have had on this matter is gone...this thread is trashed

And here I was just going to post that I can tell what kind of guy he is from his posts :o.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ya know I really don't understand why you care so much about their facilitys. I remember when I did my first jump as Chicagoland Skydiving Center. It wasn't CSC then, I think it was called Pheonix Skydiving, anyway I mostly remember the old mobile home they were manifesting in and the tent they were packing under. As a first time jumper I really couldn't care less what they had or didn't have. I just wanted to jump.

Even if the Eriksmones are great people, does it look like this thing was well planned or resemble any forethought at all?

actually the Eriksmoen's ARE great people.

i personnally would have to say that a given person's perceptions would have to be obfuscated(at best) to think that they(the Eriksmoen's) did not plan "this thing" well. i am sure you feel the same way, otherwise we wouldn't think so alike.

Shouldn’t the playing field be even for all the DZ’s?

i agree with you! the new dz should not be bashed on this(or any other) forum the way that other dz's in the KC area have NOT been bashed.

see, this is why i love you Don! this is PRECISELY why two cases of beer(the good stuff, green bottles) are being sent to KCSC in the name of DON ZARDA.

i'm gonna write Skydiving Magazine right now and nominate you for skydiver of the year for 2006. i realize it is only April, but jesus titty-fucking christ, you have done more for this sport than dancing midgets ever could(before anyone goes nutso on the dancing midgets thing, i did actually nominate The Amazing Barty's as skydivers of the year 2002, documentation available upon request).

Godspeed and Good Luck, Don Zarda, i know i speak for skydivers everywhere when i say, "you are way better than dancing midgets!"

i'm not just saying that, i MEAN IT!

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin

Ya know I really don't understand why you care so much about their facilitys.

I think his point isn't that they lack certain facilities, so much that they're lying in their advertising about what facilities they do have.

I think his point isn't that they lack certain facilities, so much that they're lying in their advertising about what facilities they do have.

seemed to be a bit of both.

of course, skydivers care more about what airplane is provided than everything else combined.

Give it up! Your posts and arguments are too rationale/advanced/sophisticated to make any impression on the natives.

For the Messiah shall come from the East, and look like a Big Red Tomato. And he will take all your sins and inadequacies away.

i'm upping the number of cases of beer going to KCSC in your name to two cases! and i will make sure it's the good stuff(green bottles).
--------------------------------------

Good stuff? green bottles? Piss in a bottle? It is what it tastes like. Hienken? keep it. And stay out of Kansas. Unless you want to bring over a few cold New Castles!;)

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

I would agree with him on that. Their website makes false claims about what they have. However, I'm sure many of the existing DZs around that area also have false claims all over their websites.

Is putting false stuff on your website ok? No. Is it common in skydiving? Yes. Does it mean the DZ should be shut down? No.

MB 3528, RB 1182

What are you REALLY so upset about?

You started a thread to whine about 'false advertising'...
To which the overwhelming response was 'So What, Who Cares'

Hey, that’s BS! I started the thread notating and then asking about the ethics of it which quickly got blown totally out of context in to “bashing” of the DZ instead of what the DZO’s did. And not everyone said who cares. I have seen many times at boogies, dz’s and events where just one little thing wasn’t as promised and you’d thought the freak'n world ended. Been to the convention when everybody bitched about all the “promised” aircraft not showing, several times now, by jumpers that “saw it on the website?” I bet a lot of you talking this crap on my post about this are the same ones that if you drove half a state to a dz that claimed to be so grand and had everything they claimed to have in their ad, got there and had nothing but a plane, you’d be the first to throw a fit and say “what the hell?”

Now you attempt to belittle those not wanting to fall into step with you.

That statement is total BS too. Where do you get [flyboy6554 ] Ternes’s cocky statements about me “having the NSA put satellites over Harrisonville so I can watch” = “not falling in step with me.” Totally disjunctive statement. Dave fired the first shot over the bow on this and you know it, not me. I had nothing to say to him until that. He’s been giving our DZO a bunch of shytte you don’t know about. He said that stupid crap, so I fragged him for it. He deserved it.

Yeah, I flew there in my personal aircraft and took two pictures, so what. I was just out flying around and I hadn’t been over there to see for myself so I went to see the situation firsthand. That should be reasonable to see what I am talking about first dontcha think?

I wasn’t sooo upset in the initial posting. I was merely pointing out the double-standard going on about everybody HATING (that word again) SKYRIDE so much and bashing the hell out of them for doing the same thing Eriksmone’s website does. What gives with that?

i only do this because of the love and support for skydiving and skydivers that you have so publicly demonstrated. please, stop being so likable, i'll go bankrupt at the pace you're making friends.

And p.j., what is your ongoing ranting about “my love for skydiving/skydivers?”

________________________________________ In Reply To ________________________________________
Ya know I really don't understand why you care so much about their facilities.

I would agree with him on that. Their website makes false claims about what they have. However, I'm sure many of the existing DZs around that area also have false claims all over their websites.

Is putting false stuff on your website ok? No. Is it common in skydiving? Yes. Does it mean the DZ should be shut down? No

And the banter back and forth about other DZ’s also having false claims, well sure anyone can pick about anything apart, but there’s a huge difference between little half truths about small stuff and a dz saying they “are the largest skydiving center in the area” with all these facilities and amenities (originally, now removed they also talked about having nice video de-brief rooms with plasma screen tv’s too) and amount to nothing more than a landing area and a borrowed airplane. It’s build first, advertise it and they will come, not advertise it, see if they come and then build it.

see, this is why I love you Don! this is PRECISELY why two cases of beer(the good stuff, green bottles) are being sent to KCSC in the name of DON ZARDA.

Fuck that beer, if you’re sending in my name, Kokanee Gold from British Columbia is
best beer on the planet. For all that love I have for skydivers, especially if there your friends, wink, wink.;);)

had an epiphany

You had to look that one up, didn't you?

yeah man, good ole thesarus.com.

who the hell is Jeffery?

Donald Jeffery, sound familiar?

oh, i get it, you had to be like a sherlock holmes and show everybody you could find my middle name somewhere, neat. i have never gone by that name before. what are you going to do next, tell me my DOB?

oh, i get it, you had to be like a sherlock holmes and show everybody you could find my middle name somewhere, neat. i have never gone by that name before. what are you going to do next, tell me my DOB?

that's a great idea!!

then we could all chip in and get you a fistful of KCSC jump tickets for your birthday!

if the timing is right you would even get to enjoy the beer that is being sent to them in your name.

pulling is cool. keep it in the skin

"And the banter back and forth about other DZ’s also having false claims, well sure anyone can pick about anything apart, but there’s a huge difference between little half truths about small stuff."

So what you are saying is that the claim that skydive kansascity has made on thier web site about having no serious acidents and the one that did actually happen is a small half truth and is or should just be small stuff to the student that struck the tail.
I wonder how his tib/fib and pelvis are doing today? but thats small stuff.

Sure we can pick apart anything, you have done so as well.. sure the claims made where big but in perspective to safety of an injured student or a hot shower what one would you be most upset about?
I personally can get by without a plasma tv or a hugh indoor packing area, but if I am going to have to choose a true safety record over a porta potty and a manifest shed.. well I am going to choose on the side a safety.
Just for the record, I am not saying that skydive kansas city is not a safe place to jump. I am stating or as Don would say picking apart.. the claims made on thier web site. since web site info is the topic at hand for the most part.

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

"And the banter back and forth about other DZ’s also having false claims,

Come on you guys...get serious. Go do a little research. SKYDIVE LAS VEGAS was making the wildest claims imaginable on their website for years.

Go look at the other DZs around Vegas.....excluding Mesquite....and you will see the same thing.

Im not selectively singling these guys out....just mentioning the ones I am familiar with.

Its part of advertising.....tooting your own horn per se.
Dont like it? Dont spend your money there.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I wasn’t sooo upset in the initial posting. I was merely pointing out the double-standard going on about everybody HATING (that word again) SKYRIDE so much and bashing the hell out of them for doing the same thing Eriksmone’s website does. What gives with that?

Do you really believe your own BS? Or are you channeling Clinton?

There is no comparison. Skyride contributes nothing, overcharges its customers, and won't tell them the DZ location until after they pay. Take away the deceptive practices, though, and there would be nothing wrong with them.

These folks provide an Otter lift (that gives justification to their claim as LARGEST in the area, btw) for the usual price at a known locale.

Progress has been made. You now have nothing to be upset about. The website no longer makes any of the false claims or exaggerations that it used to. They don't even make promises to have those things soon. I guess everyone can be happy and excited for a new full-time-turbine DZ in the KC area!:)

--------
Benefitting from the 'free capture of verticality.'