shaiziel

How do you perform this maneuver?

I saw it in a video, and I don't have a link to it right now but it's pretty easy to explain.

Simple as I can get it: two jumpers under canopy, linked up by the legs downplaning towards the ground breaking apart before landing.

I have just been trying to visualize how in the hell you can get linked up like that and I can't see how it happens. Anyone care to elaborate?
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

Some people use death straps, some people lock their legs. Death straps are called that for a reason.

As for how to do it, I would HIGHLY recommend you hook up with an experienced CReW flier to learn this. Screwing this maneuver up gets kind of exciting kind of quick. Its not something to be learned by reading.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Some people use death straps, some people lock their legs. Death straps are called that for a reason.

As for how to do it, I would HIGHLY recommend you hook up with an experienced CReW flier to learn this. Screwing this maneuver up gets kind of exciting kind of quick. Its not something to be learned by reading.

I saw Chris Martin do this (it's a downplain, yes?) w/ another dude a couple times in tullahoma, both w/ high performance canopies... very cool and scary to watch... they'd hook their legs, dive toward the ground, rotate a couple of times, release, fly their pattern, hook it, swoop and land.

impressive as hell but as you say, not for the faint of heart.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Exactly. Watching videos it looks like the two would have to be flying side by side and toggle one way then the other to swing towards each other, and hopefully lock legs. That's the only thing I can imagine working.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

never thought id like crw but its becoming more appealing, as long as its nice and high and ive got bowie knives strapped to every limb :P

do those knives tend to get used much? they are quite conspicuous, and obviously very handy in the right circumstances, but to those circumstances pop up alot?

never thought id like crw but its becoming more appealing

I really have no desire to go turn rotations or be in bigways, but learning CReW has taught me more about canopy control in fewer jumps then just about anything else I've seen. Just some food for thought.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

what makes them so different? (in a nutshell)

They are also very strong, with reinforcement added to withstand all of the pulling and yanking on them that occurrs in some formations.

Just a few weeks ago, we had a "Downplane Fest" at SD Temple in Texas. Normal downplanes were the tamest thing done there. There were triple downplanes (using straps), dragplanes, and some stunts that we don't even have names for. It was CRW at its best. :)
Kevin

Actually death straps are no big deal if you have properly designed ones.
I mainly refer to them as that to scare the freefallers!

I don't do leg locks either normally. I find the easiest way is to have the other guy climb down my lines, I throw my legs up between his, he holds on, and I do a 180 degree toggle turn. Voila - a downplane...

w