Milney

What did you do for your 100th jump?

Pardon the pun but you've hit the nail on the head.."many, many others..." a lot of people at my DZ did the same but I'm looking to do something Different...I've been thinking about jumping a roundy or an intentional cut-away..

milney
If at first you don't succeed..don't try skydiving

What's a hammerhead?

It's a simple and fun 2-way which probably also has other names. While belly flying, grip right wrists or grippers with the right hands. You're now offset from each other in a propeller config. Now both drive forward with all you've got. The propeller spins. Hold it until you can't anymore and FLING apart. It's loads of fun.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Did a hybrid with my DZ ownerand and one of the Camera guys. Also had a friend who jumped with us and filmed it, he actually didn't know it was my 100th but had showed up from his grandfathers funeral for a memorial jump.
First hybrid too, built really fast.....never saw the pie coming:)

... I did a two-way sitfly, jumping with gear I had loaned from a friend of mine. I got a very hard slammer opening, the slider kill-line was in such a bad shape I couldn't collapse the slider, and one of the toggles got stuck.:S I managed to get the toggle free after a few moments of counter-steering with the opposite rear-riser, so at least I didn't have to cut-away.

Probably not the kind of "special" jump you had in mind...

G'day, I'm three jumps away from my 100th (finally) and looking to do something different for the jump...any interesting ideas?? B|

milney

So...will this be the FIRST TIME you made a 'hunert'??

I did a two way seq. with my first jump instructor....and made him lay base!

Then gave him a bottle of "jack" for all the help he had given me...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Pardon the pun but you've hit the nail on the head.."many, many others..." a lot of people at my DZ did the same but I'm looking to do something Different...I've been thinking about jumping a roundy or an intentional cut-away..

milney

Not to be too much of a safety weeny, but I just had a buddy break his leg on a pretty festive 100th jump (well technically on the landing afterwards). There's no direct correlation between anything he did, but keep in mind that the more new stuff you do on a jump and the more special and exciting it is, the more distracted you may be. It's just one possible link in the chain that can be broken simply by being aware of it.

So, have all kinds of fun on your 100th jump, but it's not a good time to say, jump a canopy you've never tried before, or try to get a bigger swoop on the one you are currently flying.

managed to get the toggle free after a few moments of counter-steering with the opposite rear-riser, so at least I didn't have to cut-away.

Probably not the kind of "special" jump you had in mind...

At least it's "special" and better than my 100th: tried to do a Mr. Bill and was unable to keep holding untill full opening...:(. What a "special" one...

Years later I tried again 2 times (having the willingness to over pass that "special" jump in the back of my mind...:$) and both were success and great deal of fun. One of them made a nice video B|

Edit to add: we succeeded the Mr Bill but had some really helpful hints from friends who did it
before. If you ever want to try it ask around and read http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=351193#351193

Happy 100th!

S-P
===========================

I've been thinking about jumping a roundy or an intentional cut-away..

My 100th jump was my first jump on a "square" parachute. No, literally square. It was a Strato-Cloud.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I'm nearing #80 myself. When I'm 3 jumps away from 100, I'm not opening my mouth. My friends have been waiting to pie me for over 4 years now. Once I have 101 that pieing is null and void, right? :)
When the time comes, I'll buy beer but I won't tell why! :)
Dave

Bzzzzt!;)

The First Law Of Pie states that a pie has no expiration date.

As a result of this law, if and when your friends find you have duped them on the actual date of reaching 100, you can expect the pieing to ariive in multiples and with increased fury.

You have been warned.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?