adventurechick

Bandit Jumps

Kind of like a hot air balloon, if I wanted to jump out of a plane into a non-dropzone area with my only intention is having a cool jump.... how could I maybe go about this.

Could someone pm me?

Find a cute pilot with his own cessna, promiss him some "fun" and *presto* a free bandit jump! B|:):):o

hahaha

Now where to get a pilots license.... hmmmm
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I knew some guys who did that out of a powered parachute into a little sport-pilot landing strip. Drew quite a crowd from the local farmers. The problem my friends ran into wasn't the NOTAM issue (they are easy) but that The Powered parachute could only be flown with two people if one was an instructor - I would also check out the specific lisences for the aircraft being flown (I.e. Hot air balloon, et cetera)
=========Shaun ==========

I would also check out the specific lisences for the aircraft being flown (I.e. Hot air balloon, et cetera)

if it's a bandit jump, who really cares. The pilot also takes his chances..
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I knew some guys who did that out of a powered parachute into a little sport-pilot landing strip. Drew quite a crowd from the local farmers.

what dumbasses did this? were they trying to get arrested or die or what?

MB 3528, RB 1182

I knew some guys who did that out of a powered parachute into a little sport-pilot landing strip. Drew quite a crowd from the local farmers.

what dumbasses did this? were they trying to get arrested or die or what?

I know lots of skydivers that have jumped from powered parachute aircrafts.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

ok, the $64,000.00 who are you dating now?

A non-jumper! I've learned my lesson!

You mean to tell me you're dating a Whuffo? Is that, that dork I saw you with not a skydiver? Gail, the shame of it all. Ok, I'm posting my copy of your naked skydive on skydivingmovies now. :P

No wonder you kept giving me that look when I was hitting on you, I though he was just one of your many fans... or you bought a puppy dog. :P

You're such a heartbreaker! ;)

You mean to tell me you're dating a Whuffo? Is that, that dork I saw you with not a skydiver? Gail, the shame of it all. Ok, I'm posting my copy of your naked skydive on skydivingmovies now. Tongue

No wonder you kept giving me that look when I was hitting on you, I though he was just one of your many fans... or you bought a puppy dog. Tongue

You're such a heartbreaker! Wink

None of my skydiver friends have met him. The guy hanging around me at the dropzone was a tandem I brought. He just didn't know anybody.

The benefit of dating a whuffo is that you don't have to worry about dropzone drama or some skydiver getting tired of you because you're not the new girl anymore.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

...or some skydiver getting tired of you because you're not the new girl anymore.

I would think that the fact that you are very pretty would be enough to keep them interested? :)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

All you need is the land owners permission and file a notam(notice to air man) and your good to go.

But then by defintion it wouldn't be a "bandit jump". To make a real bandit jump you need to risk arrest, jail, and/or confiscation of your gear.

"In the olde days" (oh god, here he goes again), we used to jump into a local store parking lot to buy beer in the afternoon and actually got a pilot fired for it - nobody liked him too much anyway. Then some other friends used to make a New Year's Eve at midnight onto a beach right in a major west coast city. One of those years they had to run to the parking lot holding their canopies while their girlfriends distracted the local cops with their flirtatious ways on the boardwalk. Now THAT'S bandit jumping.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

All you need is the land owners permission and file a notam(notice to air man) and your good to go.

But then by defintion it wouldn't be a "bandit jump". To make a real bandit jump you need to risk arrest, jail, and/or confiscation of your gear.

"In the olde days" (oh god, here he goes again), we used to jump into a local store parking lot to buy beer in the afternoon
-------------------------------------------------------

Heres another one.
If you look in the lastest issue of Parachutist you will see the article about the pioneers of our sport. In one pic they are standing in front of a bar. We usta get a bad spot and jump into that bar every Saturday afternoon.
What the hell its only 20 miles off the DZ.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.