johnny1488

Famous skydivers ... sort of

Not the type you would think. Reading the other post got me thinking. What actors and the like do you know of that are or were active skydivers. Past or present, whatever. I know a few.

Dave Mustaine
Ice T <---- I think he got his A
Angie Everhart <--- I think I read that here
Patrick Swazey's brother <---- Not really famous but anyway
Tom Cruise? <---- Dont know where I heard that

Any more?

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Mandy Moore just did a tandem at Perris awhile ago, IIRC.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

We had Kristen Davis from Sex in the City do 2 tandems at the ranch this year.

Also on the celebs, do they get special perks, Like buying the entire load so they can be comfortable and harness their chi before level 3?

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Mary Ellen from The Waltons used to jump in the 80's. Maybe still. I saw Stephen Baldwin wearing a closing pin necklace on Fear Factor.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Tom Cruise, and Nicole Kidman, Oh yeah and her parent's. The went to skydive Deland and learned to skydive from Bob Hallett. They were filming days of thunder, and just showed up. There is stories in Deland cause they called it days of food, because Tom was so happy he sent the catering there, lobster and shrimp, steak for everyone.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

ricky rackman from the headbangers ball on MTV.

wow your kidding?? that twit actually did something worthwhile?? or was it just the usual 'tourist tandem'?

Yes. George Bush Sr. jumped from the Cross Keys Skyvan, which is probably at Sebastian now. There is a sign painted in the cabin that says "George Bush sat here". I sat there too;).
|

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

didn't Bush SR.get a whole set of one of a kind Pres. Gear
ie Cypres,alti, protec, jumpsuit ,harness and container all with the his name and presidential seal on them. All so he could make two jumps. He did some tunnel time in Orlando too ,I think. I've alwys been a Megadeth fan and thought it would be cool to jump with Dave but for some reason he never returns my calls:P

Tom Cruise, and Nicole Kidman, Oh yeah and her parent's. The went to skydive Deland and learned to skydive from Bob Hallett. They were filming days of thunder, and just showed up. There is stories in Deland cause they called it days of food, because Tom was so happy he sent the catering there, lobster and shrimp, steak for everyone.

I was there then!
I was in town for a demo 'Daytona Airshow' and Bob was flying us...
back at the DZ I'm in the otter an this short buck tooth guy slides up to me...he looked familiar so I asked.."I think I know you, have we met?"
"We have now...I'm Tom Cruise"
I must have been the only guy on the DZ that was unaware...DUH!:S
He was very personable...an Ms. Kiddman looked GREAT in her shorts and halter top:)...As they rode off at the end of the day on a Harley...I was seriously contemplating the mistakes I'd made with MY career choices;););)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I packed George Bush's reserve for his second jump, the one when the Japanese were not shooting at him. And it was most amusing watching all the manufacturers triping over each other to donate gear. Since I happened to be working for the company (Rigging Innovations) that sewed his harness/container, all the parts landed in my lap a week or two before Mr. Bush did his famous jump.

I wonder what all those American patriots think about a "foreigner" packing reserves for retired American presidents? Stirring the pot!
Hee! Hee!

Last spring I did a tandem jump with Prevail from the Swollen Members. The embarrassing thing was that I did not have a clue what was going on with the Canadian hip hop scene before meeting him. Hah! Hah!

Chuck Norris did a tandem jump back in the early 1990s at Hemet, California. My boss, Don Balch said that Chuck was breathing like a locomotive by the time he got near the door!

back at the DZ I'm in the otter an this short buck tooth guy slides up to me.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever heard Tom Cruise described quite that way before. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not the type you would think. Reading the other post got me thinking. What actors and the like do you know of that are or were active skydivers. Past or present, whatever. I know a few.

Any more?

Hmm.. i heard Ricky Martin stops at local DZ when he's on tour to do tandems.

The guitarist from Diamond Rio is licensed and stops at various DZs while out on tour (my home DZ has a thing going with a local country station.... win a tandem, jump on the same load as this dude, and get backstage passes to the show)

And i dunno about Patrick Swayze's brother, but supposedly patrick is licensed and jumps fairly regularly.

And yes. baldwin and berringer both got licensed for cutaway (with a bunch of tunnel time to speed things along)

Still pissed i missed Kristin Davis at the ransh last year.... saw pics, though... DAMN she's cute in a freefly suit ;)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

The guitarist from Diamond Rio is licensed and stops at various DZs while out on tour (my home DZ has a thing going with a local country station.... win a tandem, jump on the same load as this dude, and get backstage passes to the show)

That would be Jimmy Olander. I keep trying to get the WFFC to have him bring his band to perform for us, but they can never work out the schedule. Jimmy seems to make the convention for at least a few days each year.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

"Jimmy O" from Diamond Rio stopped in on our DZ in Gili MB Canada for a tandem promo before their concert in Winnipeg.

Amusingly, it was also our Provincial competiton weekend and one of the teams was short (we're small enough that we do a random pick-up competition to keep life fair ) Guess who stepped up?

Yup... They placed, too! Not bad for a musician, eh?

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Yes. George Bush Sr. jumped from the Cross Keys Skyvan, which is probably at Sebastian now. There is a sign painted in the cabin that says "George Bush sat here". I sat there too;).
|

he also tagged the back of his head on the top of the door on the way out...check it out on the good stuff dvd sometime...

|

he also tagged the back of his head on the top of the door on the way out...check it out on the good stuff dvd sometime...

He missed it on his second AFF jump, though. Glenn Bangs says he reminded GHWB before exit.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?