raymond_jones

scumbags in skydiving

Any worse than saying you are a student with 1 year in sport with 666 jumps? :S

am i saying or recommending to do things under 25 jumps? my time in the sport has nothing to do with the conversation at large........i have better things going for me in life than worry or even care about my profile on DZ.COM. obviously you'd rather see new and up coming jumpers get scandled than lead them in the right direction from the get go. remind me to add you to the list..............................

I'm on someone's list ... cool! ;)

I still can't see why you got your panties all up in a wad over this website. Must be hormonal :S:P;)

steveOrino

Id be thinking "Wow I only have to do 9 jumps and then Ill be able to use a skyboard!" and then be very :( once I went thru the training to find out otherwise.

Not bashing you, but do you really think anyone would make it through the training and not realise just how far away skysurfing was by then?

I don't think the ad is misleading, and I don't know what I'm doing posting in what is a really silly thread. Oh wait, yeah I do... I'm procrastinating. Don't mind me.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Do you think you may have a conflict of interest? Are you completely unbiased in your judgment?

http://www.raymondjonesfilms.com/pics.html

http://desertskydivingcenter.com

I see the same staff picture on your website and phoenixareskyding's competition's website . Hmmmmmmmmmm:S

Can we say, "BUSTED!"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Not bashing you, but do you really think anyone would make it through the training and not realise just how far away skysurfing was by then?

You missed the point..."make it through the training" is after the fact. Being drawn in with misleading ads is before the fact.

Even though the dude was busted on conflict-of-interest, I still think it is a somewhat misleading statement in the ad.

And now that John has pointed it out, using pics from Raeford on an Arizona website is also misleading. OP took a shit and stepped back in it.

And now that John has pointed it out, using pics from Raeford on an Arizona website is also misleading. OP took a shit and stepped back in it.

I believe the site w/ the Raeford pictures is not "directly" related to any particular DZ. It is about the dude's video concession perhaps. So for that I will give him a pass on the Raeford pictures "if" he took them.

However, it is fairly obvious what his motivation was about his rant against the phoeniza area skydiving website, when you see he has ties with their competitor.

And I'm a scumbag ... yeah, right! :S:PB|

steveOrino

...I believe the site w/ the Raeford pictures is not "directly" related to any particular DZ. It is about the dude's video concession perhaps.

Ooops....thanks Steve. I stand corrected with apologies to raymond_jones for my bozo tidbit.

...I believe the site w/ the Raeford pictures is not "directly" related to any particular DZ. It is about the dude's video concession perhaps.

Ooops....thanks Steve. I stand corrected with apologies to raymond_jones for my bozo tidbit.

Nah, don't apologize. He was surely trying to stir the stuff he was stepping in by calling out a competitor under the pretense of them being a skyride scam when he knows they are not. Gimmee a break! :S

steveOrino

hEY , pOPS...lets lay off the bozos a bit , huh ?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I think the folks who have a problem with this site are not understanding marketing.

I've never seen an ad for a Hummer that says "You'll want to own this because it gets 9 mpg." They are simply stating that you'll be able to pursue these other areas and attempting to get the reader to see past the first jump. Maybe we ought to focus more on what a first-timer will eventually be able to do in all of the advertising.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

the safety page is weird, what does 2 STAs have to do with safety?

Either a great deal, or nothing at all.

That depends on those specific S&TA's now, doesn't it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

...Nah, don't apologize. He was surely trying to stir the stuff he was stepping in by calling out a competitor under the pretense of them being a skyride scam when he knows they are not. Gimmee a break! :S

Damn. To be more specific...

"calling out a competitor under the pretense of them being a skyride scam when he knows they are not..."
No apology extended for that.

"busting him on pics that were not on the two unrelated webpages"
Yes.

[I see the same staff picture on your website and phoenixareskyding's competition's website . Hmmmmmmmmmm:S

Can you link the picture? I would like to see it & did not find it. As a staff member @ DSC I know for a fact that DSC is not in any way linked to Phx Skydiving. I also know that "Raymond Jones" is in no way linked to them.
BTW, I also know that Raymond LOVES to start debates just to see where they go;)
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

The links are already provided by in a previous post in this thread. His website has a picture of DSC staff on it displaying he has a conflict of interest in his concern for students being misinformed by phx area skydiving

BTW, starting debates is fine, but when it is done by insuating your DZs competition is a skyride site ... :S

steveOrino

I do not see how having our staff pic on his website shows a conflict of intrest when it comes to misleading students as to how soon they can start doing certain activities after graduating.
Phx Skydiving has used questionable marketing ie a $125 tandem special which was only good if you bought the vidio for an additional $75. BTW it was a handy cam not outside vidio.
Also the students won't be training there after they get their A's because the DZ dosn't like up jumpers and are strickly a tandem mill.
I do not believe they are part of Skyride nor do I care. And before anyone comes on here saying that DSC is a skyride affiliate, let me just state the fact that DSC used to accept Skyride but does not anymore.
Remember, this is the internet, just because someone comes off as a scumbag doesn't mean they are and visa versa.
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

Really? He has a picture of DZ A's staff on his website, and DZ A promotes his website on theirs. He falsely accuses DZ B (DZ A's competitor) of being a skyride scam. Sure ... no conflict of interest there. I'm sure his thread was all about the needs of the wannabe skydiver. Yeah, sure, um, okay. :S

steveOrino

The links are already provided by in a previous post in this thread. His website has a picture of DSC staff on it displaying he has a conflict of interest in his concern for students being misinformed by phx area skydiving

BTW, starting debates is fine, but when it is done by insuating your DZs competition is a skyride site ... :S

you are about as observant as a ant about to get stepped on. but to answer your questions, 1.) yes that is raeford, yes i took the pictures, and yes i have jumped there quite often. I know tony, kate, gean paul, rigger rob, mr. blue and his wife when they were there, gram the pilot, ect. but when i was in NC i worked and lived at southern comforts skydiving which was there competitor, but i hung out at raeford from time to time, the same as i did at C.S.S. in louisburg, adrenaline sky sports, as well as others.
2.) so i have a staff pic of D.S.C. on MY website. since you know so much and arn't trying to talk shit, you prob realized by now that im not in it. (nows about the time you look pretty dumb) those are my good friends. i also have pictures at eloy and skydive sedonna when i was there.
3.) there website does mislead ppl in some way or some sort, and it is in a way skyride like. you obviously dont care, (probablly got misled yourself by some older guy at some point in your childhood, and now stand up for the misleading. classic case of stockholm syndrome) i was just pointing it out and asking what ppl thought.
4.) you seem to be making a lot of accusations, which leads a lot of ppl to think maybe your defense of it is because you have some monitary gain in it. im sure its just a coincidence though.
"your the shit till you eat it !!!!!!!! damn that wall hurts..."

you are about as observant as a ant about to get stepped on

Nice PA, but anyway ...

You made my point. You have an agenda, and it isn't to preserve the purity of advertisement in the world of skydiving. Others have indicated that as well.

My point is further proved that you believe "truth in advertising" applies to your DZ's competition and others but not you, Mister 1 year and 666 jumps ... my @#$ :S:P;)B|

just yanking your chain man. Lighten up, it is only a forum thread. :P

steveOrino

raymond, thanks for letting us know about this dz's misleading advertising. Hopefully you are not doing this just be cause they are a competitor with your dzo, but whatever it takes. Sugesting that they are a skyride dz was probably not fair but again whatewver it takes to get people to know about ads that arent right. If nobody ever complains about this kind of thing then eventually dzs will be telling people they can jump out by themselves at 10 grand on their first jump just to get their business