buzzfink

Skydive San Diego Burned Down?

Wow,

I really hope that everyone is okay. I'm glad to hear that you were able to safely get the skydiving gear, and planes out. I wish you guys the best of luck.
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Larry the Ultralighter

Hail Larry the Ultralighter!

Make that LARRY THE LEGENDARY LOONIE;)ULTRALIGHTER:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

All four sides of the DZ are pitch black with burnt vegitation. Several poles along the edge of the property were still on fire with little flames. Several 5 gallon water jugs took care of that.

That's awesome.

PLEASE post pics!

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Congrats and looks like the good vibes, and crazy larry helped! A small shining spot in a terrable tragety that is still going on for thousands of peoplke down there. That is where our good vibes should be heading right now!

Buzz, throw up some pictures if you can!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Thanks to Buzz for noting it all and thank you to everyone who was involved and helped out especially Ultralight Larry! Oh yeah...looks like we will be back in business soon....and a thanks to Norm as well....he wasn't mentioned he was one of the additional trucks used. See you all in the sky soon.Brook!

Larry the Ultralighter

Hail Larry the Ultralighter!

Make that LARRY THE LEGENDARY LOONIE;)ULTRALIGHTER:)

.......:o:)..... sounds like a " HeavyWeight" in MY book..... well done Man!!!!!!!!!!;)

skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends

That is such wonderful news. I'm so glad the DZ and all it's folks made it through safely. Now next time I'm out there I'll have to come see you all.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I've been following the fires and these threads since the weekend and am really glad everyone (and the DZ) are ok (for the most part). From the few pics shared, it looks like a cool place. Might have to check it out sometime soon and get it on my list of "Been there - done that" :P ...Have 3 more months before my 2nd skybirthday ;)

Keep us posted on the "reopening" and I know I'd love to see more pics if you have the time.

Hugs to all......D

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I'm here now..drove to Perris on Monday and they were at 11K early in the day and did hop and pops to 5K around 1pm and then decided to close. They were focusing on getting ready for the festival and putting up movie screens and all. Wind tunnel still isn't open! Ugh![:/]

This thread is about the Cedar fire back in 2003.

The Harris Fire 2007 that is still burning managed to burn around us as well and the DZ is in great shape. We are still under a TFR (temporary flight restriction) until further notice, and we don't know if we will be having a very good boogie this weekend, but we are open and unscathed!

Blake Robinson
Director of Operations
Skydive San Diego