northcave

Plane dives with you

> I wonder how they convinced the FAA to agree with giving permission for that stunt..

Why would they ask the FAA? Do you call the FAA when you want to do a formation load?

:o

Actually, yes we did call the FAA when doing the world record stuff. Soo...... :)
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Look here

http://www.manifestmaster.com/video/

Click on the Porter Chasers link

Enjoy:)

:o:oB|

That looked a little TOO close at a few points. I noticed they left the pilot off the credits..........

I have seen a vid with someone exiting from one aircraft and docking/landing with another in freefall.

He said the closest he got was about 20'. Made for a great video:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I would think that a Porter's max allowed speed would be slower than other turbine jump aircraft, making it the least appropriate for such fun.

Many years ago, a Porter at a NW DZ suffered damage (I believe to the elevator) during a dive. There were 2 pilots on that load, they considered themselves lucky to be able to pull it out.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

> I would think that a Porter's max allowed speed would be slower than
>other turbine jump aircraft, making it the least appropriate for such fun.

OTOH, its high drag and beta prop range allow it to fly more slowly in unusual nose-down attitudes than other aircraft.

> I wonder how they convinced the FAA to agree with giving permission for that stunt..

Why would they ask the FAA? Do you call the FAA when you want to do a formation load?

:o

Actually, yes we did call the FAA when doing the world record stuff. Soo...... :)

Wasn't that because you were going into class A airspace, though?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Any angle of bank or pitch exceeding FAA limits is just an illusion. ;)

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Any angle of bank or pitch exceeding FAA limits is just an illusion. ;)

Geee... I can't imagine why any PAC 750XL is having popped rivets so early in their life after such manuevers. :S

You know, there's a reason for those limitations.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

here's my contribution.... my pic is not as spectacular as the others but it was still cool for me just the same. I had a few "shark attacks" as a student jumper being last out of the plane.

******Today is one day too late.********

Lovely, the only person paying attention to your skydive in those photos is YOU.

Ask for your money back.

What are you seeing?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants