skypapa

How About Cutting SKYRIDE Some Slack?

Is Skydive Santa Barbara, Skydive Monterey Bay, Skydive San Francisco & Skydive Lake Tahoe actually located in the cities they are named after?:S

Are you claiming that SMB is not actually located in Monterey Bay? What's that big blue thing I see 3 miles from the LZ? The whopping 6 or 7 miles to the city of Monterey isn't exactly an ordeal either.

Go back to slamming Perris.

I have to say, I think the "Concept" of a booking agency makes sense and could be very good thing for Skydiving as a whole... Now what SkyRide has done with this good concept in terms of stealing pictures to create non-existent dropzones has stepped over the line. Combine that with some less then desirable methods for actually providing a fair value on a jump certificate in a reasonable proximity to the buyer, that leaves something to be desired as well. I know this last statment to be factual as I have seen jumpers who traveled a good distance past 2 Dropzones they did not know existed to get the the Skyride DZ. They were not happy paying almost 2X as much for the jump compared to others on the load which was painfully obvious to them based on what was freely noted on the rate board at the DZ... I had to listen to the DZO explain to the Skyride certificate holders that they basically are getting the tandem for the same price as anyone else and that the extra fee was the cost charged to them by the booking agent for their services.

The concept could work as it is being proven popular by Skyride. Just look at the number of Skyride certificates on E-bay at any given time :) I think it is hard to deny that the implementation is suspect. It is along the lines of a chairty that spouts off about the good the money donated will do but in actuality more of it goes to the company soliciting for the donations then to the charity.

Scott C>

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Or, maybe they could steal nitros number now that beezy has passed away.Maybe market canopies for their students. Hell, it didn't stop chris martens number being stolen less than a few weeks after his death. These scumbags wil stoop to nothing as long as they make a few bucks. I am just not suprised a luis slugger hasn't taken into effect as of yet
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

ummm...because they steal shit and otherwise rip people off.

Besides images, tell me how they rip people off?

Besides killing and eating his victims, I suppose Jeff Dahmer wasn't such a bad guy. They say Stalin was nice to animals.:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The simple fact that you people(skyride supporters) have to create new user names on a daily basis and are too ashamed to put your name on any of them says alot.

Or their contact info. Makes you wonder doesn't it? But spence, most of the peeps that work there are really down and out skydivers that have no place else to go. They hang onto everything skyride is about because they have no where else to go. Kinda like the losers of society that have no where else to turn except skyscam. They will take any deadbeat i guess
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

>Skydive Monterey Bay is located in the city of Marina.

Actually it's at Monterey Bay. Sorta like Skydive San Diego is in San Diego - although their mailing address is Jamul (and sometimes gets called Otay because it's near Otay Lake.)

Thank you.

I can only hope that you people are really not this slow and are just here for entertainment and to stir the pot.

Of course it's entertainment. You would have to be slow to take any conflict on this website seriously. If you don't like the things I say about dropzones, I sincerely apologize for offending you.

If you think I'm a dick and would treat me as such if you met me in real life, I would strongly suggest you ask yourself why you are so easily provoked by a total stranger typing at home on his computer.

Be glad that my comments over the years have provided you with a sense of moral superiority. Yes. I'm willing to crucify myself for your entertainment pleasure. I am just that nice.

:)

I know its marketing but I recall when DZs had simple and romantic names before every thing became the more sterile Skydive this and Skydive that . . .

DZ were mostly named for the town they were in and advertised that way. Perris was just Perris and not Perris Valley Skydiving. Or they went by endearing nicknames like Borderland instead of the much lamer Skydive San Diego.

Hemet was always just Hemet until it became Skydiving Adventures and I remember when Jim Wallace started calling Lake Elsinore - Jim Wallace Skydiving and worse Wally World and I was mad at him for months. I reminded Jim that Jacque Istel tried calling Elsinore SkyWorld and the freaking floods came.

Thank goodness Pope Valley closed before it became Freefall Pope Valley!

NickD :)BASE 194

I know its marketing but I recall when DZs had simple and romantic names before every thing became the more sterile Skydive this and Skydive that . . .

DZ were mostly named for the town they were in and advertised that way. Perris was just Perris and not Perris Valley Skydiving. Or they went by endearing nicknames like Borderland instead of the much lamer Skydive San Diego.

Hemet was always just Hemet until it became Skydiving Adventures and I remember when Jim Wallace started calling Lake Elsinore - Jim Wallace Skydiving and worse Wally World and I was mad at him for months. I reminded Jim that Jacque Istel tried calling Elsinore SkyWorld and the freaking floods came.

NickD :)BASE 194

I always wanted to open a DZ in Parachute, Colorado...and call it Parachute Parachute.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The Arizona Parachute Ranch, aka The Lurking Narc Sport Parachute Center South ... went in a loong time ago, hit with a sickening thud, and the Swooping Ghouls got restless and flew away.
Dope Valley was LNSPC North.
Zing Lurks

...I would strongly suggest you ask yourself why you are so easily provoked by a total stranger typing at home on his computer...

Because when someone has been, or is/was close to someone who has been adversely affected by that company's machinations, they don't see it as quite the amusement that you do. It's not a (sit at your computer with your dick in your hand) game you have just in a sense admitted to, getting your jollies off on riling peoples' passions and then laughing at them for replying.

It's for the same reason that I try not to explode when strangers or friendly acquaintances make Natalee Holloway jokes. It may seem trivial to them, but one day it may come back to haunt.
Roll Tide Roll

If you all read this thread from start to finish, this guy that started this thread is contridicting everything he says.

He tells everyone to give him a break and start accepting his certificates.... then he goes on to tell us not to tell other business's how do run their business.

He says that they steal images but what else do they do that is so bad... he then goes on to say that he is allowed to keep his customers hostage.

WHY is everyone answering to this guy?

Just leave the thread alone, he is making everyone who replies look like a complete moron being played by him and his stupid game.

Fuck skyride. They rip off skydivers by stealing our images and make lies about dropzones and our sport and then they expect us to take their customers and look after their lives and keep them safe so that skyride does not have deaths on their hands. Fuck them and let this guy who started the thread watch his thread leave the first page of this forum.

He does not deserve the respect he gets from us answering his questions. Skyrides misery will come soon enough. This website is making skyride the most famous place around the world. If it was not for this website people like me who live outside of america would not have a clue what skyride is but because these people that work for skyride start these threads and get such a reaction all you see in the forums is threads about skyride exploding.

Start ignoring them and stop being led like children into their stupid publicity games.
Have you not noticed whenever the word skyride is not on the first page of the forum one of these guys register a new name and then start a thread with the name skyride in the title.

That was very hard to withold the Personal attack on this guy but i hope he knows that everyone on this site is thinking the same sort of disgust with him as they do paedophiles.

Now please, can we start not posting to his threads?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I always wanted to open a DZ in Parachute, Colorado...and call it Parachute Parachute.;)

Hey, been there and got the T shirt, as a matter of fact wore it today.
The story I got was that the frenchman that "discovered" parachute, said he had heard about this device that a man named Devinche made called a parachute. The frenchman said the valley looked like what he thought a parachute might look like:S:S
The welcome sign is of a round parachute and I believe there was a Xkeys bumper sticker on it.

Do you think Skyride sells tickets to jump there too? Oh wait, then they would make them drive to Maine, claiming that is the closest DZ?:S Hey but at least they could sell a gasoline guarantee. We promise there will be gas stations all the way there.

I knew I could count on Nick to put a positive spin on a fucked up thread....

Some of my favorites over the years:

Beagle

Scravel Hill

Beaver Oaks

Hot Spur

Harrisburg

Sheridan

Yakima

Cline Falls

Lost Prairie

Madras

Pullman

Mosco

Snohomish

Kapowsin

Lodi

Toledo

Tri- cities

Richland

Mollala

Kennewick

Hermiston

Cedar Valley

Heber City

Hartwood

Maytown

Picton

Well, you get the drift.....The list goes on but like Nick says there was no skydive this or skydive that.
The landmark and the culture (or vibe as you call it now) was why we went there. It was romantic

We have become our own worst enemy and we have seen it coming yet did nothing to stop it.

Was this thread started as a joke?
Being cut throat does not mean being deceitful, those are two totally different things.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”