GLIDEANGLE

For routine jumps, what do you carry when skyding to help you handle problems on the ground after landing?

Under normal circumstances (not night jumps, or other unusual jumps), what to you put in your pockets or on your rig to help you if you land out or are injured (or for other surprises)?

Where/how do you carry this stuff?

Blue skies.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I have a pull-up cord and rubber bands stuffed in my rig. That's about it. I might start carrying a cell phone, at least at DZs where I have coverage.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i always thought it's best to keep the "carry-alongs" to a minimum..

I never wear a watch,,, and always empty my pockets...
Except for a silver Dollar... or two which i always keep in a pocket, for good luck...:S:|:)
I've had dozens and dozens ( maybe hundreds) of off field landings,, and have walked back or recieved a ride back on EVERY one of them...

I came up, in the days of accuracy,, and slow flying mains,, and learned early , the good common sense needed to make the decision to forgo the DZ and select an off field site, whenever the situation dictated it..

I do like the idea of a cell phone,, but would rather someone else in my group carried it..B|... Injuries should be few and far between
and extra care needs to be taken on any off site touchdown...due to obstacles, uneven terrain, wires fences, BUILDINGS etc....
I learned to be well attuned to the "surprises" one might encounter on such landings, and due to being born and bred on accuracy,, ( AND flying with a reasonable wing loading, EVEN on my reserve) I have confidence in my ability to land in close quarters...don't necessarily LIKE to do it, But I CAN.:)
jmy

large plastic bags ... we use them to put our gear in so it doesnt get sandy and wet.

Yep that's the reason except I will add oily, greasy, or stained with gasoline in the back of a farmer's or roughneck's pick up!

Edited to add: Or use as a raincoat on one of my 5 mile treks back to the dz in the rain.

Blue skies,

Jim

one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

seriously, though, the whistle sounds like a damn good idea