shermanator

who else raised their prices?

Its the fuel, I own an el cheapo C150 and really notice AV Fuel increases on 100LL. Naturally the turbines use Jet Fuel but I am sure the increases have been similar. Depending on which APT you get fuel its about $1-2 over auto gas price. Local paper here in San Diego had an article tracking increases in fuel and how it relates to increases in just about everything......

I can't help but wonder if the style of the DZ has something to do with it. For example, some DZO's are trying to pay their mortgages and put their kids through school on jump tickets. Some have normal 8-5 Jobs and just want the dropzone to break even, and some keep the dropzone as a closed circuit economy.

I'd bet this factors into it all as well. :)

=========Shaun ==========

nice, thats where I am about to start my aff coarse, good thing seeing as I have a 2 hour drive to get there.
***Spaceland: $22.00 to 14k. $12.00 hop 'n' pops.

First price increase since I have been here.
(4 years).

Impressive considering fuel costs.

And it's nice to see that the money is going into improvements to the DZ. (New security system, remodeled video room, soon to be remodeled bathrooms, packing room soon to be doubled in size.)

And a DZO who when he says it's going to happen,
IT HAPPENS!

Solve the worldwide issue of rising gas prices and maybe lift tickets will go down :-)

It will be solved soon enough... when we run out.

How much for an escalator to 12-5?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I ran into the prices at Perris a few weekends ago. Pricey, however they have excellent facilities.

My Local DZ went up to $22 to 14k $12 for a hop&pop. On the up side, they've recently purchased 4 new rigs for the DZ. With the increase in gas prices, I wasn't surprised at all by the increase, nor do I mind all that much.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Tis a shame that Elsinore finds it necessary to always follow what Perris does.. considering Perris has the better facilities, and aircraft.

Please note that I do not know the accounting specifics of either DZ, but I reckon Elsinore does tremendous efforts not to be more expensive than Perris, and this probably in order to stay in business. When you look at the size and amenities offered by PVS, it is to Elsinore's credit that it is stil somewhat thriving while being merely minutes away from PVS. Offering a different "feel" is one thing, but remaining competitive price wise is certainly to be factored in as well. I would think Elsinore breaths a sigh of relief when jump tickets get more expensive in Perris, as they can follow suit and get a break. But then again, I may be totally off...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."