npgraphicdesign

My first AFF skydive this Saturday.

:)
So i have my 8hr course (4hrs thurs, 4hrs fri) then saturday if the weather is good, I jump!

Scared as all hell, but excited at the same time. I've done two tandems, but have a feeling it will be nothing like the tandem. Any suggestions to alleviate the fear?

Thanks guys! Hoping to become a more contributing and experienced member of the community soon! B|

tips from one n00b to another:

during AFF the only thing that will alleviate any fear or anxiety is the confidence that you will do what you have practiced/visualized.

once you're out the door it's good times...

but be sure to visualize, repeat, practice, practice, practice until you know your dive flow inside and out.

if you are anything like I was you'll be likely be terrified on the ride up levels 1-4. that's fine, it's normal! just make sure you practice and do everything you are trained to do and it'll come out fine.

blue skies

tips from one n00b to another:

during AFF the only thing that will alleviate any fear or anxiety is the confidence that you will do what you have practiced/visualized.

once you're out the door it's good times...

but be sure to visualize, repeat, practice, practice, practice until you know your dive flow inside and out.

if you are anything like I was you'll be likely be terrified on the ride up levels 1-4. that's fine, it's normal! just make sure you practice and do everything you are trained to do and it'll come out fine.

blue skies

Remember to pull

[replyYou had better be waiting for me down there with a White Russian. :P

If you are anything like me, you will want to do another jump as soon as possible. Save the WR for the end of the day with the other people at the DZ...:)
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

[replyYou had better be waiting for me down there with a White Russian. :P

If you are anything like me, you will want to do another jump as soon as possible. Save the WR for the end of the day with the other people at the DZ...:)

Provided my heart stays inside my chest, I will do one a few weeks later. :P

I have to second spawn in saying you gotta visualize the jump a bunch of times, when you are up there it is easy to forget what maneuver comes next. You are going to love it man!!!

I've been visualizing it for over a year now. Unfortunately, the TopGun soundtrack is also playing in the background. What's up with that???
:PB|

Don't worry about a thing; You'll get down OK; We've never left anybody up there yet.:P

You had better be waiting for me down there with a White Russian. :P

Walter sends his regards, and said to tell you to be really careful on the landing, because he has seen some of his buddies face down in the mud after a lousy landing.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just before you exit the plane, put a big smile on your face.:)
And don't think of it as fear. Think of it as anticipation. The right mindset makes a huge difference.

And as said above, wave off and PULL.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Just before you exit the plane, put a big smile on your face.:)
And don't think of it as fear. Think of it as anticipation. The right mindset makes a huge difference.

And as said above, wave off and PULL.

Oh i definitely can't wait! It's not really fear persay, but more the anticipation combined with my fear of heights..;)

That and that damn Top Gun music!! :P

Remember to practice everything on the ground with 110% effort, be strong, be loud, be confident.

Whatever you do down there translates to what happens in the air, I learnt that the hard way getting complacent on deployments among other things.

You may look like a tryhard screaming out things like "WAVE OFF, HEAD BACK, REACH, PULL!" when you're standing in the hangar, but when you scream it to yourself in the air you WILL do it properly.

Hehehe... you asked all the questions that are in my mind, npgraphic!

I also am doing my first AFF this weekend. I did two tandems last fall, and have decided no more messing around; I'm going to learn to do this on my own so I don't have to depend on another skydiver to jump.

Ground school Sat., and if there's time between all the tandems at the dz, cat A jump Sat as well. My home dz is small and has about 20 tandems scheduled for Saturday. In technical terms, I am not a "paying" customer so I don't get load priority. If I can't do the first jump Sat., it'll definitely be on Sunday.

I alternate between thinking "This is going to be so cool! I can't wait!" to "I can't do this! I'm gonna die!"

Fortunately, your all's responses to the original poster answer all my doubts/questions/fears, too, and encourage me as well. Thank you all!

I'm interesting in hearing how your first AFF goes, npgraphicdesign! I know we'll do great, and we're going to have a ball!

So i have my 8hr course (4hrs thurs, 4hrs fri) then saturday if the weather is good, I jump!

Scared as all hell, but excited at the same time. I've done two tandems, but have a feeling it will be nothing like the tandem. Any suggestions to alleviate the fear?

Thanks guys! Hoping to become a more contributing and experienced member of the community soon! B|

Just concentrate on what your instructors have taught you, they have given you all the information you need to succeed. Now you just need to smile, have fun, and follow through.

If you are heading to CPI, I saw you were from CT, then make sure you say hello if I get stuck manifesting. :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Hehehe... you asked all the questions that are in my mind, npgraphic!

I also am doing my first AFF this weekend. I did two tandems last fall, and have decided no more messing around; I'm going to learn to do this on my own so I don't have to depend on another skydiver to jump.

Ground school Sat., and if there's time between all the tandems at the dz, cat A jump Sat as well. My home dz is small and has about 20 tandems scheduled for Saturday. In technical terms, I am not a "paying" customer so I don't get load priority. If I can't do the first jump Sat., it'll definitely be on Sunday.

I alternate between thinking "This is going to be so cool! I can't wait!" to "I can't do this! I'm gonna die!"

Fortunately, your all's responses to the original poster answer all my doubts/questions/fears, too, and encourage me as well. Thank you all!

I'm interesting in hearing how your first AFF goes, npgraphicdesign! I know we'll do great, and we're going to have a ball!

Right on, fellow skydiving noobie! :)
Weather permitting, I HOPE to jump on Sat. Where are you located? I'm in CT, and it is still a bit chilly. I'm hoping for blue skies and great weather on Saturday!

Just concentrate on what your instructors have taught you, they have given you all the information you need to succeed. Now you just need to smile, have fun, and follow through.

If you are heading to CPI, I saw you were from CT, then make sure you say hello if I get stuck manifesting. :P

Hey DougH,
Nice to see another CT member on here. I will be jumping out of Ellington.
I appreciate the tips as well! B|

from one student to another.....

aside from visualizing and going over the dive flow many times on the ground and in your head. The best advice my instructors gave me was:

right after checking out with instructor
1)focus on the horizon (or wing of plain depending on exit)
2)take a long deep breath and let out slowly to relax 3) count off and jump.......

but most importantly....arch, wave, reach, pull, arch...have fun and smile.