peggs82

Got $88k??

Please learn how to post a URL (specially such a danged long one) so we can easily click on it.

Note how an easy correction to your post made it much friendlier. If these examples aren't clear, just click on the Get Markup Help on the post entry page.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Its going to cost $88K just to fill her up with gas. :)

No kidding!

If I won the powerball jackpot I would love a cool old bird like that at my dream dz's fleet, but I wonder how much fuel on of those burns in one load to 10k?

I loved jumping Larry Hill's DC3, there is just something so cool about those planes. They give off a vibe, like they have their own soul.:)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The highest time DC-3 still flying has 93,000 hours on its airframe. So in that regard, depending on its upkeep, this girl is middle age. I'm not sure what TBO is on the motors, but if they are Wrights then they are probably pretty close.

And that's a big chunk of change . . .

NickD :)

Oh, and that 52,000 hours total time on the airframe is like flying non-stop for six years straight. Wow.

52,000 hours total time on a 63 yr old plane? Hell, she's just broke in... :D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

The highest time DC-3 still flying has 93,000 hours on its airframe. So in that regard, depending on its upkeep, this girl is middle age.

I saw an interview with old man Douglas, filmed a few years before his death. Talking about the DC-3, he said it was designed with an indefinite lifespan in mind, in other words, to last forever. He also said that aluminum monocoque construction was still a fairly new field, so, when in doubt, they overbuilt it. No wonder those things are still around.:)