peanutgallery

How do you feel about people bring their dogs to the dz?

Since getting divorced, it has been very hard to be at the dz all day with no one to let the dog out. My home dz, while initially having a "no dogs" policy has accepted my dog and the packer's dog as the dz mascots because they know we have no choice but to bring them. My dog is a 20 pound, very friendly beagle mix who everyone loves. I've been trying to venture out to other dz's in the area but my day always has to be cut short because it's not fair to leave her home for 10 hours alone (which make for a short day if your traveling 4 hours round trip to the dz). Just curious as to people's opinions about dogs on the dz. I know some dz's are strictly against it and others are cool. If your particular dz is super cool about dogs, let me know and I'll be sure to visit!!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

I've been around dz's for a few years. Some allow dogs and some that do not. Unless you can teach your dog to shit and piss in a toilet, not get pissed when someone tells you to go pick up a pile of it's shit, or pay for a canopy they pissed on, leave it at home.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I will make you a deal. When all of your skydiver friends use a toilet all of the time, I will teach my dog to do so. My dog goes on command when and where I tell her to and I pick up after her. She has never been drunk or puked on someone, their trailer or their canopy. She has more jumps and world records than a lot of the people here and has served humanity more so than most people. She has never caused a war and could care less about politics or religion. She won’t piss on anyone’s canopy but she is learning to pack one.;)

Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I will make you a deal. When all of your skydiver friends use a toilet all of the time, I will teach my dog to do so. My dog goes on command when and where I tell her to and I pick up after her. She has never been drunk or puked on someone, their trailer or their canopy. She has more jumps and world records than a lot of the people here and has served humanity more so than most people. She has never caused a war and could care less about politics or religion. She won’t piss on anyone’s canopy but she is learning to pack one.;)

I'm not here to make deals....sorry. ;)

I'm not here to make deals....sorry.

Given the facts, that is probably a smart move.:P

By the way, she knows how to use a toilet.B|

Facts? I dont know you or your dog. I think she was speaking of her dog, not yours...:S
Good for your dog though.

I'd rather see most people's dogs than their kids. Usually people's dogs are better behaved around the DZ then the kids.

"Dogs are welcome, keep your kids on a leash."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I agree completely. Kids are often way worse than dogs at the DZ.
Unless the dog is a small yapping thing, but that's an "owner problem".

Just like out of control kids, lack of parenting dicipline. I just HATE that!!!!
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Haha, this is true. People's kids can be hell, walking through the lines in the packing area, dripping ice cream on your rig, running through the landing area while you're on final. UGH, ;) Anyway, just to clarify, I was specifically talking about dogs on a leash at the dz, no chance of them being anywhere near the equipment or the landing area. Also, if they are on a leash it's pretty easy to clean up after them, if they are running around all day unleashed, it's another story. My dog rarely barks at the dz, she's pretty quiet most of the time. Plus she's got an actual dog bark, not one of those yippee yappy high pitched ones that don't quit. Leave THOSE dogs at home please! :)

Some dogs are awesome and fun to have around the dz. Problem is, though, that lots of pet owners think their dogs are better-behaved than other people think they are.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

That is probably true, my dog can do no wrong in my eyes but I hope people would tell me if she was overstaying her welcome. I haven't brought her to any other dz besides my own but if I do I will talk to people or call first to make sure it's cool. We had some tandem passengers bring three little yappy dogs the other day and everyone was pissed off, they didn't shut up the whole time. Ugh :S

I love dogs. Got a couple of them myself. I love kids. Got a couple of them myself. But I'd rather not have either at DZ's. It's not Grandma's back yard, and it's not supposed to be. I want to be able to say "fuck" and flip people the bird and tell sick jokes about sex and drugs whenever I want to at the DZ. And I want to be able to lay down in a patch of grass at the DZ without worrying about whether it's been dog-shat.

In fairness, I will mention that the thigh meat of both kids and dogs, normally rather stringy, becomes quite tender when marinated overnight in dijon vinaigrette.

... beagle mix who everyone loves.

I do not believe this to be a true statement. Not everyone loves dogs. I'll bet there are people who just tolerate the dog for your sake.

I vote for leaving ALL pets at home.

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

If I leave my dog home, how is she going to jump?;)

Not everyone loves dogs. I'll bet there are people who just tolerate the dog for your sake.

Just like I am sure that there are people that you "tolerate".
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

If I leave my dog home, how is she going to jump?;)

Not everyone loves dogs. I'll bet there are people who just tolerate the dog for your sake.

Just like I am sure that there are people that you "tolerate".

True that !! And probably even more people that just tolerate me !

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I should teach my dog to lay down on the end of my canopy as I'm caccooning it. Has about 200 jumps of it, and the ZP is still amazingly slippery.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.