AggieDave

Demo team jumps into wrong stadium

Almost as amusing as the goofed demo - the typical ignorant media response.

Attached is the article from the front-page of the Sports section of the Denver Post.

Anyone want to point out what's wrong with the article? :ph34r:

I noticed it said "the jumpers cancelled the leap into Kenan Stadium because of bad weather."

:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Rumor going around my dz is they were green beret guys. Don't quote me on that, but I've heard it from a couple of different people.

I can't believe no one has posted anything on who the jumpers might be.

From the very first post it says

According to UNC assistant athletic director for promotions Michael Beale, the plane was in the air, but the jumpers from Virginia-based Aerial Adventures opted to cancel the leap into Kenan Stadium because of a severe weather front — which would later delay both games.

If you google Aerial Adventures VA you get this web site.
I don't know if these were the guys doing the demo, but it would be a 'likely suspect'.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

This demo is getting a lot of laughs around the Raleigh, NC area. I saw a video of the jump on the local news last night and heard a couple of morning disc jockeys laugh and make fun of the jumpers this morning. I think the word "idiots" was used to describe the jumpers at some point in their conversation.

Rumor going around my dz is they were green beret guys. Don't quote me on that, but I've heard it from a couple of different people.

That would be a negative.

edited to add: I will tell you this...you can add up all of the jumps of every poster who has posted in this thread and one of the unmentioned jumpers has damn close to that number of jumps....

edited to add: I will tell you this...you can add up all of the jumps of every poster who has posted in this thread and one of the unmentioned jumpers has damn close to that number of jumps....

So? It doesn't mean that mistakes can't still be made and things can't still be learned. I've even personally seen a "light bulb moment" for the top Airspeed guys while organizing before. It happens. The truly good skydivers laugh at themselves while sharing a beer around the bonfire and learn from it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

OMG, Fan Man . . .

The media isn't always accurate but they have a long memory!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_Man

NickD :)

How could anybody old enough to remember that incident, forget it? That dude was a major asshole. And he got the shit beaten out of him for the stunt too. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Almost as amusing as the goofed demo - the typical ignorant media response.

Attached is the article from the front-page of the Sports section of the Denver Post.

Anyone want to point out what's wrong with the article? :ph34r:

BASE jumper!!!!!!!!!!!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

My favorite was always this one. The glow in the dark paint shows a certain panache not found in your average loon . . .

>>A few weeks after the stunt, Miller used a powered paraglider to get on top of Buckingham Palace after painting himself green and covering his private parts with glow-in-the-dark paint. British authorities evacuated the palace in seven minutes, then came for Miller, who was arrested on the roof. They charged him with terrorism, believing he had connections with the IRA.

My favorite was always this one. The glow in the dark paint shows a certain panache not found in your average loon . . .

>>painting himself green and covering his private parts with glow-in-the-dark paint. :)

Sounds like Broke should have used that kind of paint, and not the gold spray-on kind. :D:D:D:D

So? It doesn't mean that mistakes can't still be made and things can't still be learned. I've even personally seen a "light bulb moment" for the top Airspeed guys while organizing before. It happens. The truly good skydivers laugh at themselves while sharing a beer around the bonfire and learn from it.

What do you mean SO??? I was pointing out a fact. I wasnt saying that the fact doesnt mean they are impervious to making mistakes. I wasnt saying nothing cant be learned. I wasnt saying this wouldnt be laughed at around the bonfire. As a matter of fact, what I was doing was giving a clue as to who said jumpers were since everyone was asking who they were.

Got it? Dont "SO" me again.

So? Lighten up! We're talking about something that is humorous since no one was injured. This is skydiving and even worst, this is talk about skydiving on the internet. There really isn't any seriousness to any of it on this website.

Seriously, you shouldn't get upset about things like that. I guess there might be someway to throw a virtual helmet across some virtual hanger, but whats the point, its just the internet.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Got it? Dont "SO" me again.

You're brand new here, having made only three posts.

I suggest you chill out and not get so upset. The "so" was not a personal insult aimed at you.

Before challenging people, take the time to hang out a while and get a feel for what those people are like. Then you'll be able to read their personality better.

But if you're going to be that sensitive here, whatever you do, do NOT participate in the Speaker's Corner forum.