johnabarton

Altimeter limits/ Did I get ripped off?

"did I get ripped off" if he payed $300 for a tandem, I say yes he got fucking ripped off bigtime. I'm surprised that he can even walk, his ass must still be chapped.

that's cheaper than tandems in my country
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yeah exactly:D

you know what i meant, i didnt want to put up 300 jumps if i don't have 300 or whatever my logs are all messed up I've been keeping up though last 3 weekends though..I wanna be cool like you guys one day, maybe I'll just pay $3500 for a halo tandem and just be coolest there ever was instantly

:P

When you find yourself in a hole the first thing you should do is stop digging.

Do you have any idea what is a fair market price for a tandem in different parts of the country and using different aircraft? While you are entitled to your opinion it should have some basis in fact before you start slamming what others do.

And yes with your style maybe you should stay in “bonfire”.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

yeah exactly:D

you know what i meant, i didnt want to put up 300 jumps if i don't have 300 or whatever my logs are all messed up I've been keeping up though last 3 weekends though..I wanna be cool like you guys one day, maybe I'll just pay $3500 for a halo tandem and just be coolest there ever was instantly

:P

Do you have any idea what is a fair market price for a tandem in different parts of the country and using different aircraft? While you are entitled to your opinion it should have some basis in fact before you start slamming what others do.

Sparky

And what exactly does that insinuate about those of us who enjoy . . .

The Speaker's Corner.;)

(Said in the tone that the voice guy used to introduce The People's Court).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

exactly what hole have I found myself in??? define hole please

what significance do my jump numbers have in this squabble??

this seems to be nothing more than a marketing/fair price debate which I feel that I am allowed my opinion as is anybody else. and I do have basis for my opinion in the matter because I am a jumper too. if this has also come into question and it seems that it has for some unknown reason. my full name and my home dropzone are listed in my profile. feel free to call an ask the status of my currency, jump #'s, whatever it is that will satisfy your curiosity about my status as a skydiver

yes, I do have an idea what fair market price for a tandem is.

with my style?? what style?? I don't understand what you are trying to suggest, please explain clearly.

and with all due disrespect to you sir, MAYBE i should stay where ever the fuck I wan't. I don't, nor would even think of telling you where it is that you should or should not stay.

I stand by my opinion. which was a response to the question in the original post

if he paid $300+ for a tandem skydive he got ripped off...he agreed, he paid, he asked.

I have not accused anyone, nor any bussiness of wrong doing or deception of any sort in any of my posts.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I think 3,500 for one jump is crazy and a wasteful use of green. BUT. I also feel that way about 10 grand on a rolex watch or 100 grand or more fore a car. but if it's their money they can spend it any way you want. I know a guy who spent 60 grand to climb everest. what's the diff? and I would like to know why you think this is a ben and cary thing. is that not the gold coast that does the halo tandems? lumberton miss. I've never been there but I did go to a couple of their boogies when they were in moss point miss.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I would like to know why you think this is a ben and cary thing.

please do not put words in my mouth. I never in any way shape or form referred to this as a ben and cary thing. I never typed that nor did I refer to it in any way. you did though.

I agree with your post people can spend their money in which ever fashion they see fit. they can burn it in a bonfire for all i give a fuck.

i can still say they're crazy or whatever for doing it if I so choose.

edited to add

yes gold coast is where they do the 30k tandems and halos at.
Perry Farrell

exactly what hole have I found myself in??? define hole please

It would be hard to explain.

what significance do my jump numbers have in this squabble??

While other may have, I made no reference to your jump numbers or you time in the sport.

this seems to be nothing more than a marketing/fair price debate which I feel that I am allowed my opinion as is anybody else. and I do have basis for my opinion in the matter because I am a jumper too. if this has also come into question and it seems that it has for some unknown reason. my full name and my home dropzone are listed in my profile. feel free to call an ask the status of my currency, jump #'s, whatever it is that will satisfy your curiosity about my status as a skydiver

You must be reading a different thread than I am. No one has questioned you status as a “skydiver”. And you are to be commended for not posting anonymously. I have always considered it a cowardly way to do things.

yes, I do have an idea what fair market price for a tandem is.

I stand by my opinion. which was a response to the question in the original post

if he paid $300+ for a tandem skydive he got ripped off..

Then you would be able to quote the break even cost of putting up one tandem at a C-182 DZ? Of course this quote would include all related costs from A/C fuel to toilet paper.

I have not accused anyone, nor any bussiness of wrong doing or deception of any sort in any of my posts.

You did not name any one person or business but say than any DZ that charges $300 for a tandem is a rip-off.

As for style..............................:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Damn it sucks being wrong dosent it??

I guess it does, who's to say..

what am i wrong about ??? my own opinion???

I know what i meant when i posted that, i apologize if did not come across clearly what exactly it was that i meant to you
Perry Farrell

please do not put words in my mouth. I never in any way shape or form referred to this as a ben and cary thing. I never typed that nor did I refer to it in any way. you did though.

I would guess your post in post#26 is why he thought that. I don't know which ben you meant but I can see the possible confusion.

whats up bro...

yeah ben and them guys are crazy as hell with that. who the hell is gonna give up $3,500 bucks to freeze their sack off for a tandem jump from 30k

You do sound like youre being argumentative for the fun of it though.
My photos

My Videos

for clarification purposes

the "ben" that I referred to in my response to fasted.

has no affiliation to skyride in any way shape or form, it is a different ben that i was referring to.

fasted knows who I was referring to we all jump at the same dropzone.
Perry Farrell

if he paid $300+ for a tandem skydive he got ripped off...he agreed, he paid, he asked.

you are aware, yes, that prices vary in this country? Most people outside of CA would see the AFF/tandem prices at Elsinore or Perris to be obscene. Fact is, nearly all prices here are inflated. The people working at DZs have to live and eat too.

right on bud, I understand that. I really don't give a fuck who has to eat. except for my children

obscene, YES exactly..

if one of my whuffo friends wanted to make a skydive to see what the deal is, I would not bring them there..

i would bring them where they can get a 14k jump for around $175
Perry Farrell

So it looks like this thread has generated quite a response...I'll fill in some details.

A total of 10 people jumped. We had made reservations for our group, and I think we got $10 off per person, which we applied to the guy who organized it. We are all college students, and this was a *very* significant amount of money for each of us.

Otherwise, the supposed 18,000ft jump was $249, plus $90 for photo/video.

We were offered oxygen if we needed it in the plane. I wasn't convinced anything was flowing.

I have attached snapshots from two of the videos from separate jumps. They both clearly show the altimeter at nearly 12k seconds before we left the plane. Also, a third video also shows 12k but I havnt taken a snapshot yet. I still have to look at another two videos, but it shows a trend already.

I timed the freefalls of two of the videos too. Mine was 65 seconds and my friends' was 62. Thats INCLUDING slow motion.

The local elevation from sea level is 350ft where the DZ was located.

I have a "certificate" that says I jumped from 18k. Real authentic like.

I wanted to give the business the chance to resolve this before smearing their name all over the internet. I figured that this could destroy their reputation, and I'd like to hear their story. I was kind of torn about whether to expose their name directly...I dont want to destroy their company but they also did probably take us for $1,000. I havnt gotten a response via email, and I'm going to try to call them tomorrow. I will update with the resolution to this. And reveal where exactly this was after I contact them.

Sorry I took so long to fill in some details, it looked like this thread kind of got derailed however.

John

WHAT KIND OF PLANE IS THIS ?

It looks like the vidiot is right next to the removed right pilot seat, which if it's true would make 18K highly improbable.

if you are not sure, i bet your video has the planes tail number - put it into google, and it will tell you the plane make and model.

So it looks like this thread has generated quite a response...I'll fill in some details.

A total of 10 people jumped. We had made reservations for our group, and I think we got $10 off per person, which we applied to the guy who organized it. We are all college students, and this was a *very* significant amount of money for each of us.

Otherwise, the supposed 18,000ft jump was $249, plus $90 for photo/video.

We were offered oxygen if we needed it in the plane. I wasn't convinced anything was flowing.

I have attached snapshots from two of the videos from separate jumps. They both clearly show the altimeter at nearly 12k seconds before we left the plane. Also, a third video also shows 12k but I havnt taken a snapshot yet. I still have to look at another two videos, but it shows a trend already.

I timed the freefalls of two of the videos too. Mine was 65 seconds and my friends' was 62. Thats INCLUDING slow motion.

The local elevation from sea level is 350ft where the DZ was located.

I have a "certificate" that says I jumped from 18k. Real authentic like.

I wanted to give the business the chance to resolve this before smearing their name all over the internet. I figured that this could destroy their reputation, and I'd like to hear their story. I was kind of torn about whether to expose their name directly...I dont want to destroy their company but they also did probably take us for $1,000. I havnt gotten a response via email, and I'm going to try to call them tomorrow. I will update with the resolution to this. And reveal where exactly this was after I contact them.

Sorry I took so long to fill in some details, it looked like this thread kind of got derailed however.

John

Good job! I love it!

Please update!
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!