regulator

What dropzones have the best fleet of aircraft?

I was reading about the new Pac750xl at CSC and at the bottom of one of the comments I read one of the posters commented that CSC had the best aircraft. I'd like to get some other opinions regarding that issue. Personally, I think my home DZ has the best aircraft fleet for skydiving. But of course I could be biased because its my home DZ (Skydive Spaceland). But I wanted to get some other opinions from you as to what DZ has the best fleet of aircraft.

Skydive Spaceland?
CSC?

Any more takers?

I would think that Skydive Arizona has the best. They definitely have the largest fleet in the world, and I don't remember ever reading about any aircraft issues/incidents with them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are several DZs with very nice fleets of A/C. Skydive Arizona has probably the biggest fleet. YOu mentioned Perris, Skydive Chicago, I believe Z-Hills and the Ranch share a fleet of super otters.

To me, nice aircraft are not only the aircraft types, but more importantly the maintenance of the aircraft. I know Skydive Spaceland meticulously maintains their entire fleet and I know that nothing has been overlooked in their maintenance program.

Of course, like most skydivers, I can't speak to the technical aspects. If they told me the flux capacitor went out, I suppose I'd have to believe them. But I do see the effort, time, and money they put into their maintenance so I'll have the level of trust on their technical expertise.

I can't speak for the other DZs. I'm sure many of them have excellent maintenance programs as well. I just don't have first-hand knowledge.

As far as which one is best? I don't know. I suppose a lot would argue for Arizona. Spaceland's fleet is certainly right up there. Hell, I can only get on one at a time anyway, so, I'm pretty content.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Parachute Center in Lodi, CA!!!

Two Otters, King Air 200, Beech 99, and a 182!

The DC-3 is still there, but needs work.

May not be the largest fleet, but considering the jumper-to-lifting-power ratio, it has to be highly ranked. One otter does tandems until dark, the other flies fun jumpers. If that gets backed up, they bust out the 200 and keep the loads moving.

We train there for CRW, and we routinely do eight jumps from nine to three. The turnaround is fast, and a 15 minute call is, at most, a fifteen minute call.

Oh yeah, $15 to full altitude, cheaper if you buy a block!

Jump more, post less!

Yeah I really suppose I should have correlated my question a lot better than what I did. So how about saying this...what DZ has the nicest fleet of aircraft that run operations yearly with the fewest maintenance issues. I guess that wouldn't be much better but at least it took maintenance into the query.

Play nice JP... ;)

I would argue for Eloy.

I wont say it has the best maintenance record since that would imply that all other DZ are substandard, but it definitely is one of the best in that regard. Now that we have established the pre-requisites...

- Largest fleet (I loose track.. 4 Vans, 4 Otters, 1 KA, 1 B18, 1 DC3, balloons, and what the hell, they'll buy a Porter once in a while when they need one lol)
- Most diverse fleet
- Probably the largest capacity of any other DZ (maybe Perris has more with the jet, but I'm too lazy to run the numbers)

Remster

Play nice JP... ;)

I would argue for Eloy.

I wont say it has the best maintenance record since that would imply that all other DZ are substandard, but it definitely is one of the best in that regard. Now that we have established the pre-requisites...

- Largest fleet (I loose track.. 4 Vans, 4 Otters, 1 KA, 1 B18, 1 DC3, balloons, and what the hell, they'll buy a Porter once in a while when they need one lol)
- Most diverse fleet
- Probably the largest capacity of any other DZ (maybe Perris has more with the jet, but I'm too lazy to run the numbers)

+1

I do not think it gets better than that..period

There are several DZs with very nice fleets of A/C. Skydive Arizona has probably the biggest fleet. YOu mentioned Perris, Skydive Chicago, I believe Z-Hills and the Ranch share a fleet of super otters.

The Ranch has three Otters, a Porter, and a Cessna, all belonging to Billy, plus his helicopters when he's feeling generous.
In the off season, two of the Otters go south to ZHills, and they have a SkyVan.

I wouldn't want to be jumping out of a 30 year old cessna with rust holes eh?

Most Cessna jump planes are MUCH older, and we use duct tape to cover the rust holes....It gives a little more peace of mind:P
I got nuthin

I would hope that EVERYONE could say their home DZ has the best aircraft!

No one at a single C182 DZ can say they have the best fleet. It may still be a great DZ, save the slow rate of jumps, but it cannot compare to any DZ that successfully runs a bigger turbine all day, or the DZ that successfully runs multiple types of aircraft when you want it. Some variety is redundant - does having a Pac and a King Air add anything? Both are fast climbers with a smaller door. And unless your group is very big, a skyvan is as good as a casa (provided you have good ear plugs).

OTOH, if you have a small C182/206 and an Otter but only enough customers to run the Cessna, that doesn't count. Or at a bigger place, if you only have a couple pilots and people are waiting for a slot, those extra planes are no good.

The Otter from CSC has been in Hollister for a couple months now, and that thing immaculate and beautiful.... if it's any indication of the planes at CSC, than I would say they have the "nicest" fleet of aircraft, because the new PAC750 was here last weekend on it's way to Chicago, and it was of course in flawless condition, and had a paint job to match the Otter...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

If you're a front front floater, cameradude or rear rear floater on an Otter for a big way with a lot of floaters outside, the Skydive Chicago planes are definitely the best equipped.

If you don't understand, you need to get out more.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Planes that go to 15 000 ft every time and fast are better than other aircraft!

Therefore, Skydive Spain's two Dorniers are the best ones!

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/109746.html

;)

See, logic!

:D

Really, I hate jump airplanes, they are all noisy and uncomfortable, I'm not in it for the plane ride, I like to get out.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Similar to Carolina Skysports - Long outside bar and a huge step. I hate who ever came up with pegs to hold onto for Otters from the camera flyers perspective if you are sharing the step with 1 or 2 others.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Planes that go to 15 000 ft every time and fast are better than other aircraft!.

We in the US have this thing called the FAA that says the plane needs to have breathable air circuits for everyone if you want to go to 15k.

You should get around a bit more. We do it all the time, and in this case, is in compliance. Reread those regs. Only the crew needs O2 to 15k. Note this is MSL, not AGL.

Sec. 91.211 Supplemental oxygen

(a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry--

(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration;

(2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and

(3) At cabin pressure altitudes above 15,000 feet (MSL) unless each occupant of the aircraft is provided with supplemental oxygen.