SSkydiver

Speed Diving

I've hit 218 mph according to my protrack and lets just say its a little more intense than tracking

i'd have to agree with that, my old timeout claimed 240 once, it did not feel safe, my body started to vibrate and my jump suit whipped my legs bad, thoughts of what would happen if I had a premature have put me off trying this again, hard openings at belly speed are bad enough, I'd hate to think what it would be like at 240+[:/].

I wanted to see how it felt this weekend after doing a good head down I tucked into a no lift dive looking at the ground at about 9k... Pro-Track said... 226MPH later. It felt very FAST.. My suit was beating me to death and when I went into a track out of it it felt like I was bouncing off a column of air and was very hard to hold. Slowing down is a bitch. After the fact I was wondering what would happen if I had a deployment at that speed.. not to mention my goggles were really pushing into my face... like what if a lens popped in.. I need to answer a few saftety things if I want to try this again and not hurt myself.

Amazon

Holy SHIT... I went to that site you posted Dave and saw what the womens records are....I was jumping my RW suit and Infinity and sheesh I converted my 226 MPH to metric and came up with 363.7KPH Maybe I need to compete:S

Oh and your 275MPH equates to 442.6... you are in the ball park for the mens competition too. Check it out.

Amazon

Don't forget that all the competition speeds are the average over a vertical kilometre (I think so anyway) so the max speed on your ProTrack isn't necessarily representative.

But 226mph in a rw suit is pretty quick! :)
Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Hey ho. Not to worry.. speed is something i go for on my occasional/rare solo jumps.
I only do head up, excess of 1000 jumps on my feet!
My previous max was 238mph now i've got to exceed 259mph head up to beat my personal best:P
cheers T.

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

My technique is to fly in a stand "trying" to get my arms by my sides and simply fly/balance on my hands. Love the feeling.
Earlier attempts of the technique resulted fish tailing, even fell off the position:$once. Not good

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

world championships were held not too long ago in switzerland; marco wiederkehr did 511.63 kmh in his 2nd round!!!

I think he's an instructor in Kappelen, maybe I'll do some AFF jumps with him! :$B|
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101