kallend

JFTC - any news?

Really? Go figure. ;)

Of course I agree with Bill because it dangerous to not agree with someone that is right 99% of the time.......

BUT

I'm going a little short based on what my spies on the ground are telling me, of course I think Bill is there......so I'm screwed!

You only realize how much most people don't care about big ways till your trying to hear about one.....I thought there would be a lot of chatter about this one though.

Hmm. The pattern I usually see is with bigways is:

First jump goes OK. A few problems.
Second jump goes better. Still have a few problems; people get moved around.
Third, fourth jumps decent.

Around jump 5 or 6 you have the big problems. Funnelled base, wacker line popping over another one. This is partly due to people getting tired and partly due to complacency; people are getting comfortable and are not looking around as much, leaving as much buffer etc. People get cut.

Then there's a big speech and the dive is rearranged. It takes a few jumps to get comfortable with the changes, and then progress gets more rapid........

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

We did another before sunset tonight. Tommorrow we should be going to 18000, and everyone has permission to take grips.

We were reminded a couple of times that we have permission -- it's not a mandate yet.

But no one low or impossibly out on the last attempt.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

18,000 + 1,400 above sea level means 19,400 feet and hypoxia if not very careful. That was yhought to be a problem with POPS last week on one of the last jumps. Boost up the oxygen supply, as one plane did, and hopefully none will suffer the effects.... Of course the POPs participants were slightly older, drank a lot etc.............. Good luck on the reccord!
Dano

That was yhought to be a problem with POPS last week on one of the last jumps. Boost up the oxygen supply, as one plane did,

You must be thinking of the "C" plane - the one with the very astute O2 monitor.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Load 1 is getting ready to load the planes now.

They are expecting a record today.

Follow me on Twitter, I'll update it as soon as they get it. Also will be updating my facebook as each load lands; if you're already on my friend list, check there too (sorry, I have no time to add people there today, it's going to be way too busy in here).

Follow me on Twitter, I'll update it as soon as they get it. Also will be updating my facebook as each load lands; if you're already on my friend list, check there too (sorry, I have no time to add people there today, it's going to be way too busy in here).

Oh I see, DZ.com comes last these days, sheesh!

;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Just got back from Eloy and saw 9 planes fly over the top of my house to the east.
Couple of minutes & they'll turn onto a long jumprun to the west.

What's with the 'permission to dock' crap?
Are we dumbing down jumpers that much now?

AC formation looks great. They are about 3 min out now.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Oh I see, DZ.com comes last these days, sheesh!

If I could update dorkzone from my phone it might be different. But I can't and I expect the video guys will be running me ragged after the record happens so.... Twitter and maybe Facebook is all you're likely to get from me.