KermieCorleone

Required experience before a Mr Bill attempt ...

My favorite Mr. Bill story comes from Reggie the packer in Eloy. Reggie was at Lodi back then and had around 100 jumps. He really wanted to try base jumping. Someone told him a Mr. Bill was just like a base jump so off he went. Reggie pulled off the Mr. Bill but damn near went in before he got it out. When asked why he opened so low Reggie responded, "You said it was just like a base jump.":D

I was going to say "do it right off student status!" While it's still cool! But you have it correct. Whats really cool is when you land it;)

You can only land a Mr. Bill if you have a total container malfunction... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

My favorite Mr. Bill story comes from Reggie the packer in Eloy. Reggie was at Lodi back then and had around 100 jumps. He really wanted to try base jumping. Someone told him a Mr. Bill was just like a base jump so off he went. Reggie pulled off the Mr. Bill but damn near went in before he got it out. When asked why he opened so low Reggie responded, "You said it was just like a base jump.":D

thats one of the main reasons I want to try it out, for the "BASE experience" ...

I was going to say "do it right off student status!" While it's still cool! But you have it correct. Whats really cool is when you land it;)

You can only land a Mr. Bill if you have a total container malfunction... :P

saves you a pack job ...:ph34r:
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

I've seen video of a Mr. Bill being landed with the guy standing on shoulders, then jumping off right before the flare. I believe they did it at the WFFC.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

thats one of the main reasons I want to try it out, for the "BASE experience" ...

Go jump a balloon. Probably the same cost when you factor in the repack after the Mr. Bill when things go to shit. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ask some of the old timers at your dz how they used to do it back in the day, then do exactly what they say

We didn't do them, that is why we are still around. The only one I know that tried Mr. Bill jumps are no longer in the sport. :P

Sparky

Actually we were too busy doing other stupid shit. But that’s another thread.

I love the old timers I know, they did unbelieveably stupid stuff, like "BASE jump" off an 80 foot bridge, 6 jumpers in a 182 etc... One guy opened so low they could see him in freefall by the security light on the end of the hangar, then they heard his heels break when he landed.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I was standing only about 50 ft away from those daring lunatics who landed the Mr. Bill at WFFC. I watched them on the way down. Once they got below about 900 feet I knew they were definitely going to land it. They weren't under a huge canopy either. I was really scared that I was going to witness a train wreck. Thank God they pulled it off, PERFECTLY.

That Mr. Bill landing, the intentional low cutaways to demo the Skyhook and Luigi Cani's landing of a roughly 36 sq ft canopy made WFFCs events to remember. I've never been so scared just watching other jumpers.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I've seen video of a Mr. Bill being landed with the guy standing on shoulders, then jumping off right before the flare. I believe they did it at the WFFC.

Yeah Ive seen that. I tried searching for it but no luck. It was called 'How to save a packjob', or something like that.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

You're doing it wrong.

It's supposed to be . . .

"Oh nooooooooooo, Mr. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllll."

While that's how it's done in practice it's a mis-quote.

Mr. Bill is the one that says "Oh noooooo" not Mr. Hand so there is no "Oh no, Mr. Bill."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations

You're doing it wrong.

It's supposed to be . . .

"Oh nooooooooooo, Mr. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllll."

While that's how it's done in practice it's a mis-quote.

Mr. Bill is the one that says "Oh noooooo" not Mr. Hand so there is no "Oh no, Mr. Bill."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations
ding! ding! we have a winner!:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .