bbarnhouse

Verdict Skydive Arizona VS Quattrocchi et el

Lets also hope all these bogus domains that legitimate DZ's should be hosting get thrown back on the block or at least locked down by the ICAA commission.

I think that is being worked on. Wait and see.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

$6.6 million might just bury Skyride. If so, Larry may never see a dime.

Good news, bad news, I suppose.

We need to remember that this was a skydiving venue only case and some Ballooning came up, so I don't think it's going to hurt them like a lot of us think it will. Look at the whole scope of the Cary company, Skydiving, Hot air Balloons, Gliders, Race Cars, Hang Gliders, Wind Tunnel, Cruise Ships, Shark diving, Spa Treatments, Wine Tasting (Yes, Spa Treatments and Wine Tasting), Hunting and Fishing, and the list goes on and on. Most of those are potentially larger markets than Skydiving, they just don't effect us, so we have a tenacy to not see them, or to not even be concerned by them. That's why I have been posting the links to those other venues, was to bring awareness to the fact that we are fighting a much larger entity that a Skydiving company who advertises fraudulently.
Like I said before, do the math, 50 states plus PR, times all those venues, at lease 70 or 80 of them, times at least 6.6m. I think it would take a case of that magnatude to truly put a stop to it.

The Skydiving case seems big to us because we all know how big the mass of skydiving websites is and we see that SD AZ got a 6.6m judgement, but after being involved in researching the full realm of the company, I think I would have to say that 6.6m may very well be lunch money to Cary.

I could be wrong about all that, but I will say that if I posted each and every domain and sub domain that I have found and add the ones they transferred to look like they are owned at Clarksville (to avoid the GA Ag monitoring them), it would be a list much longer than my Jan's Consumer Alert and Mine combined. I don't think Cary would have all those and allow them to not make money.

The possibility of Larry not getting any of it or very little, well, I guess we will have to stay tuned,,,,

To see these venues that I have listed here and more, just go to www.1800skyrideripoff.com/skydiving/skyride and just navigate the menu to see them
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Lets also hope all these bogus domains that legitimate DZ's should be hosting get thrown back on the block or at least locked down by the ICANN commission.

You are absolutely correct, A Georgia based company has no business having a domain like www.skydivinginarizona.com

Read that one closely, it is "Skydiving IN Arizona",,, Any idea why they lost?

Here's the link to ICANN www.icann.org

ICANN stands for "Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers"
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

My sincere thanks to you and all the witnesses who took time from their lives to testify against Cary and Skyride. I am still reading the 107 page court summary.

I did happen to notice that the gay skydiving web page made it into evidence and exhibited. Priceless! :D:D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What I also find hilarious is the defendant's objection to almost all exhibits due to relevance and not in Arizona. OF COURSE IT'S RELEVANT YOU FUCK! :S

Now that this has been played out in court and Skyride was found guilty as charged, I'm hoping USPA's Board of Directors will permanently and irrevocably suspend the USPA memberships for Ben, Cary, any of their employees who openly supported their activities and the DZ memberships for the DZs they own, and that the Executive Committee stands by this action.

They don't have a leg to stand on now if they try and sue for re-instatement like last time. IMO.

Lest we not forget, Cary and his friends celebrated by bragging about their victory over USPA then.

Well Cary, sorry, but you cannot have the last word.

Did you find where we were mentioned yet?I'm told that we were.

It's in there somewhere. I noticed several items that mentioned the skyride threads on here shown as exhibits in court.

Now that this has been played out in court and Skyride was found guilty as charged...

It was a civil case between two companies. Nobody was found guilty. Maybe this will lead the way for a criminal trial, but nothing has changed at the moment as far as USPA would be concerned. USPA agreed to stay out of these matters.

Dave

Now that this has been played out in court and Skyride was found guilty as charged, I'm hoping USPA's Board of Directors will permanently and irrevocably suspend the USPA memberships for Ben, Cary, any of their employees who openly supported their activities and the DZ memberships for the DZs they own, and that the Executive Committee stands by this action.

They don't have a leg to stand on now if they try and sue for re-instatement like last time. IMO.

Lest we not forget, Cary and his friends celebrated by bragging about their victory over USPA then.

At the risk of being mistaken for showing the dirtbags some support, on what grounds do you think the USPA has a leg to stand on when it comes to revoking memberships of any of the people you listed above?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

At the risk of being mistaken for showing the dirtbags some support, on what grounds do you think the USPA has a leg to stand on when it comes to revoking memberships of any of the people you listed above?

Good question. Somebody else pm'ed me and said it was not that simple. Since the court case proved without a doubt that Skyride willingly conspired to lie, cheat and steal for their own gain, that that would be enough for USPA to kick their sorry asses out.

I'm just ranting, mind you. I'm not at all familiar with the intricacies of the court system or how USPA's BOD and EC operates.

Here's the main problem I see.

Skyride is not a member of the USPA.

Ben and Cary are, but I still don't think the USPA has a leg to stand on in kicking them out. Nor their employees. Some want to see a certian DZ that they are involved in, thrown out.

What about every other DZ that has taken Skyride?

What about any TI that has done a Skyride tandem?

Where do we stop?

I seriously think that the USPA should stay out of this side of the fight, and maybe just spend the effort on finding better marketing avenues for DZ's so they are no longer tempted to deal with Skyride.

And on a slight change of subject, what ever happened to the jumper based movement to educate, communicate to and possibly boycott DZ's that do take Skyride?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Here's the main problem I see.

Skyride is not a member of the USPA.

Ben and Cary are, but I still don't think the USPA has a leg to stand on in kicking them out. Nor their employees. Some want to see a certian DZ that they are involved in, thrown out.

What about every other DZ that has taken Skyride?

What about any TI that has done a Skyride tandem?

Where do we stop?

I seriously think that the USPA should stay out of this side of the fight, and maybe just spend the effort on finding better marketing avenues for DZ's so they are no longer tempted to deal with Skyride.

And on a slight change of subject, what ever happened to the jumper based movement to educate, communicate to and possibly boycott DZ's that do take Skyride?

All very good points. Like I said, it isn't so simple. Oh well... Looking forward to seeing what else happens this week as the court wraps up the loose ends, and then we'll see where we all stand.

Right here! I'm one of them!
I don't get to jump much in the last year or so due to my work schedule, but enough to stay current. But I will drive right past any dz who takes sLyride even if I do have to drive another hour or two. Fortunately, Cullman and Tullahoma don't take sLyride, so I don't have to drive by one that is owned by sLyride.

As for educate,,, www.1800skyrideripoff.com it fails the beauty contest, but it is straight and to the point. (Pointed more at the unsuspecting customer than the jumper)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Since the court case proved without a doubt that Skyride...

Billy: you really need to stop watching too much television.

This is not how civil courts work. In civil cases, you do not need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.
Remster

the remster is correct. Tee-veeee shows focus on criminal cases, which are decided by the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard of proof, unlike civil cases such as this one, which are decided by either "preponderance of evidence" or "clear and convincing evidence" standards of proof, both of which are very different than the reasonable doubt standard required from criminal cases.

http://www.answers.com/topic/preponderance-of-evidence

B|

SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Personally, I think that all the DZOs who trade with Skyride should also be kicked in the collective nuts. If "DZ A" is losing business through Skyride to "DZ B", in my world when naming defendants I put "DZ B" on the list with all the Skyride entities.

Just let one DZO get hit with a multi million judgement, and see how fast the rest of the rats abandon ship!

It reminds me of the 800 lb man stories. Who the hell is supplying him those dozen pizza meals three times a day? The DZOs are feeding SR. Stop the pizzas, SR goes on a crash diet! I guess you can kill a snake by either cutting off the head, or cutting off the tail right behind the head.

Regardless, Thank you Larry Hill and company for putting a knife in the snake!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ