atsaubrey

The Fat man is back

we chuncked several good bases out of the casa as moss point that one time. you should try to come down to clewiston next year and visit with carol and me.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

we chuncked several good bases out of the casa as moss point that one time. you should try to come down to clewiston next year and visit with carol and me.

Keith , some of my best memories are of those jumps at Moss Point. Good times, good people just like you and Carol.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

So you dont get blown to far inland. If the winds are coming off the ocean you face into the wind untill you get lower. If you face inland to early you may get to far inland and not be able to make it back to LZ. Learned that in Belize;). Thanks Rich!

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Isn't there also still a DZ as well on Kauai? The last time I was there (3-4 years ago now), while I was waiting on a helo charter at Lihue (airport), I was stunned to see folks with rigs heading towards a clearly jump-plane 206.

So, I broke away from my group and went over to strike up a conversation, and found - that at the time, they were merely very fresh start-up, and not yet "public" ...but intended to be.

As can be imagined for one of the smaller islands of HI, they were obviously a primarily tourist/tandem operation. However, they did say that they WOULD entertain experienced jumpers, with their own gear, if they had an open slot. However, here's the rub - one jump was pretty much an entire day excursion, because the LZ was clear across the almost exact OPPOSITE side of the island. :o

They would double the adventure as a mountains and interior waterfalls site-seing flight/tour, topped off with a jump onto the opposite side of the island, and a 2 (or so, IIRC) hour van drive back to the airport.

The pluses to this were the fairly wide open landing area afforded them on the other side of the island, and much lesser winds (etc.) concerns. The downside(s) of course - are the whole logistics, really, to just make 1 (maybe 2 I think - might be possible) jump in a day.

Anyhow - just wondering if anyone happens to know if those guys are still there - and at least as an option to the Oahu / Dillingham Field ops?

Don't they actually even do AFF out of Skydive HI (Dillingham)? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I at least thought they did. FWIW.

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I know folks who instead ship theirs out, direct to the DZ. Douglas' suggestion to call the DZ 1st, is probably in any case, the best advice of all.

Along with helping to discern whether or not to ship versus carry your own, versus potentially rent gear - they'll probably advise the OP as to the advisability of coming and planning to jump there, even at all.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

You didnt ask for more than one

I didn't ask for just one either. ;)

What would the other reasons be?

Hint: there was a hint in a subsequent thread

Oh and what did I win?

Possibly, your life.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

So you don't land in shallow-er water on the reef and get pounded in heavy surf with your big ass fish net still attached to you.......... fly back out to sea and clear the reef and back to deep water and swim with the sharks.;) That is if you know your really screwed and won't make land or past the breakers.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Along with helping to discern whether or not to ship versus carry your own, versus potentially rent gear - they'll probably advise the OP as to the advisability of coming and planning to jump there, even at all.

If people would just take the time to read At's profile, they'd know that renting gear is almost never a viable option.

Remember that not all of us in this sport are of "average" size.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

If people would just take the time to read At's profile, they'd know that renting gear is almost never a viable option.

Remember that not all of us in this sport are of "average" size.

-Blind

Amen to that..

I wonder how Aubreys doing these days...Remember this piccie from Parachutist??

http://www.dropzone.com/photos/Detailed/Personal/174mph_112071.html

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE are you still out there lurking???

Last Login: Oct 20, 2009, 7:01 AM
Local Time: Apr 27, 2010, 1:48 PM