AndyMan

The Self Packing Parachute

My middle name is Andy (Andrew), does that count?

On a related note, new materials are being developed known as smart materials or shape memory alloys. When heat is applied, or a current is passed through, the object resorts to previous shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBHF_j2FJ4

All we need is out canopy wired with a connect, hook it up when we land and through carefully controlled current, the main packs itself, voila. ;)

Not to break the string...but what would REALLY be amusing is self-removing Bra & Panties! B|

I have those at home. I never have to touch them myself. She takes them off for me!

(Fourth Andy in the thread.)
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I have 2 self-packing parachutes. I just lay them down in the south hangar and go back in about 20 minutes and they are packed. ;)

Seriously, I apprciate the packers' hard work every weekend. And that video is cool, but a little creepy.

Same here. I just put $7 in the main tray and somehow it packs itself in like 10 min.
Muff #5048

My middle name is Andy (Andrew), does that count?

It would if Twardo wouldn't have f'd the whole post. :P

I like Andy's thin mints...

and the the first 4 letters of my last name are: Ande :D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Vskydiver has a self packing parachute.:S:D

:D:D:D

So do some of the chicks at my dz..

My ex-girlfriend wanted one, and I said, 'When they make a canopy that feels like a naked woman when you lay on it I'll get you a self packing parachute.'

Anyway, I think she probably has one now. :D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Vskydiver has a self packing parachute.:S:D

My ex-girlfriend wanted one, and I said, 'When they make a canopy that feels like a naked woman when you lay on it I'll get you a self packing parachute.'

And you be sleepin' alone.:P

For years a lot of women watched me pack for her, thinking she was a spoiled B--ch. They never knew she had lupus and just didn't have the strength to anymore.;)

Me and my wife (she is also jumping) were watching Star Trek at movies and during this scene we were not impressed with jump until somebody pressed button for automatic packing - then we said out loud :"Wooow". Others were very confused by our reaction ;)

Does anyone remember the Parachutist article from around 1991 that was about a parachute packing machine being tested in DeLand? You would place your rig in one end and it would come out the other all packed. I think you could calibrate the machine to give you specific openings. Packers hated it but jumpers loved the time saved.

The fact that the article appeared in the April issue, along with a fake cover, took a moment to sink in.