loch1957

how many jumps?

I am going jump soon I hope, got 800 saved. I can only take off a week from work, so that gives me two weekends and my week vacation. My question is it possible and reasonable to go through AFF in nine days? Is this even wise to try? And last question, exactly how high are beer dues? My GF just smiles when I asked her so I'm assuming I need a lot more money.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

I would probably save a bit more. Usually around 1500.00 or so depending on where you go. Then remember after AFF you have coach jumps, rental fees, and of course beer fees lol, then you should continue to practice what you learned until you accumulate 25 jumps and earn your A license. That will cost money as well. Having the money to jump regularly and stay current becomes very important, for a variety of reason, most important being safety.

LOL Its going to be a rush, and no ones going need push me. We all have fears and reservations about something, the actual sky dive doesnt scare me enough to not want to try it. I watched tons video just to try get an idea what its like, part scares me is God i hope im not as dumb as some students. I need no help in getting people to giggle at me.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

Come to Skydive Happy Valley in central PA.We can get you to an A license through IAD, a couple AFF's and then coaching with gear for $1,800-$2,000 (depending on if you have to redo jumps). Let me know and I'll let the instructors know..... also, you have to wait till spring if you dont like the freezing cold, up to you.
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

OK 1100, this is taking forever to save money up. Yes I'm impatient lol. It will be spring before I have enough money.

My girl thinks I'm going to miss a lot by doing training in one shot instead of weekends, the culture and the fun part of the sport. But I have a weird schedule. I don't get weekends off and days I do get off rotate week to week. It be lot easier if I could just go to a Dz on weekends like normal nuts who want jump out of aircraft.

My girl brought her rig by since I had never seen one up close. She frowned on the idea of pulling me behind the truck. Not like it cost a lot of money. It seemed like a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon to me. Seemed fair since I offered to et her ride my horse and horse cost a lot more. Hum do I really need a horse?

it normally costs about 1500 to get through AFF and on solo status.

That is what a lot of people do, then its like 25-40 per jump after that and you just jump when you can to get to your 25th. The best advice I can give is to stay as current as possible. I had a friend make it to his AFF CAT 5 before the summer ended last year. He had to repeat a few levels when he came back after the winter.
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

I watched tons video just to try get an idea what its like

And that's where you're horribly wrong, you'll have no idea how it actually feels and if you're going to be scared or not until you try the real deal.

My girl brought her rig by since I had never seen one up close. She frowned on the idea of pulling me behind the truck. Not like it cost a lot of money. It seemed like a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon to me.

Think we had a fatality in my country (not DK) because someone thought the same thing.

You'll soon realize everything is way more complicated and scary than you think.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Weather permitting, and if you have enough $$, I think it's totally possible to get through AFF in 9 days. Your odds will be much better at a DZ with a turbine that is open most of the week, if not every day. Just remember to pull! :P

Good luck!!!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I didn't watch videos to learn about skydiving, thats why I'm going pay an instructor. I watched to learn about you (skydivers). I don't see it as being as much fun just to jump, its the people and the culture that makes it fun. Guess I could just came here first and gotten a better idea about the people. My reasoning is simple, in years past I drove a car up Pikes Peak in a race, driving was fun but people were stand offish and you felt like an outcast if weren't the rich type. I just didn't want another sport I enjoyed to be lessened by the people. I know theres bad and good in all sports but what I've learned here by your posts is its all about fun,,,,that part I like. Thanks being welcoming.