fasted3

Knocked out during skydive, what do you do?

Hope I wake up before I go in.

Hope I turned my AAD on.

Hope my AAD works.

Hope John Mitchell or Jeff Sanders is on my jump.:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good answer, but can you guarantee that you can prevent it?

Of course not. Just like you can't guarantee that you won't have a fatal double mal, or that some toggle-whippin' idiot won't kill you under canopy, or that you won't screw up and do something idiotic yourself.

Unless you don't jump, I guess...

There are risks involved and they might kill you. Some people understand and accept that. What's the problem with that?
Owned by Remi #?

Of course not. Just like you can't guarantee that you won't have a fatal double mal, or that some toggle-whippin' idiot won't kill you under canopy, or that you won't screw up and do something idiotic yourself.

There are risks involved and they might kill you. Some people understand and accept that. What's the problem with that?

NONE. I just like the option of maybe surving if you have an AAD.
But what do I know?

It happens to you.
What do you do?
Answer: die, most likely, fi you don't have an AAD.
If you don't have an AAD and have a better answer, I'd love to hear it.

You are knocked out and a AAD cuts your reserve closing loop for you and you land in a pit of man eating alligators and you are not wearing gator repellant. What do you do?

I'd love to hear it. :)

Even if you're not jumping. Some idiot without an AAD is going to get knocked out and crash through the roof and kill you.

It happens to you.
What do you do?

You are knocked out and a AAD cuts your reserve closing loop for you and you land in a pit of man eating alligators and you are not wearing gator repellant. What do you do?

Die
Happy now?
But what do I know?

Still looking for other options.

?????????? What are you looking for? Totally knocked out, no AAD, there are really no other options

yes. I agree. I think in this case an AAD is the only opition. This is what I was looking for.
But what do I know?

It happens to you.
What do you do?

Die
Happy now?

Hey...you asked a stupid question so I asked a stupid question.

It happens to you.
What do you do?
Answer: die, most likely, fi you don't have an AAD

You're absolutely right.
Just as you might die if you have a heart attack on the freeway.
It's a risk you take skydiving.

You can mitigate it by having an AAD, but you can't prevent it. There's a big difference between mitigating and preventing problems.

Deal with it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think in this case an AAD is the only opition. This is what I was looking for.

No, there is another option. It's accepting that you might be killed skydiving.

I accept that. Given the choice though, I will take maybe over for sure.
But what do I know?

Once on a tandem video jump, the student caused the instructor to turn toward the tail on exit. Although I have filmed this TM hundreds of times, the pair went into a front flip much closer to me than usual. While they were in an inverted position with their backs toward me, I simply placed my hand against the rig to secure more distance between us. Unfortunately, while slightly slowing their rotation, the TM’s knees bent and I was kicked in the head with the backs of the TM’s heels. I blacked out for a moment or two and then came to, albeit foggy at best. With a bit of consciousness and worried that I would go out again, I backed up and deployed my main. The video was over anyway because my camera was broken from the kick. Although my Cypres was on, I knew it was only a back-up and the jump quickly became one for survival. While under canopy, I was still dazed and my focus was dedicated to returning to the DZ and landing safely. Once on the ground, the student screamed at me repeatedly for ruining her video.

99.9% of people getting knocked out could have been avoided by better choices on the ground.

At one point I had an AAD, then had to jump without it for a while. I found myself suddenly second-guessing jumps I would have gone on without thinking twice before.

If there is a jump that you don't feel comfortable going on without an AAD - don't do it with one. Simple as that. Your subconscious is telling you that there's something wrong here..

It happens to you.
What do you do?

I'd walk out of the swamp with a new pair of alligator Boots

It happens to you.
What do you do?

Die
Happy now?

Hey...you asked a stupid question so I asked a stupid question.

I really don't think this is a stupid question. If you don't have an AAD you have no options. With one, you still have a chanve.
PS: please excuse my sloppy typing. My screen is for shit.
But what do I know?

I'm going to count on that man who is eating alligators to save me - he sounds like a tough guy!
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

ok so No AAD
Knocked out....

1. hope that the unconsciousness is temporary and that i come to....before i hit the ground, so i can pull SOMEthing!!

2. hope that it was a super high altitude exit, and then, refer to answer # 1.

3. hope that whatever it was that knocked ME out..... (and by the way... Just HOW DO you expect that scenario would manifest itself???... Hitting the plane??? hitting someone else?? having someone else hit YOU??? Hitting some foreign object.. bird, airplane..? ) was a hard enough impact to hopefully dislodge my P C . OR pop my main pin, in which case the packing procedure i use for my pilot chute, ( Thanks Brian G ) will allow the pc to be extracted by the D bag and bridle...and will result in a Non Mal deployment.

4. do my best to avoid the possibility altogether... by wearing a helmet,, and being Tougher!!!! than whatever hit me...in which case the NEXT move would be to check on who ever DID hit me... to see if they are ok>>> ( been there done that ) ( everyone was ok )

jt