fasted3

Knocked out during skydive, what do you do?

In the second, a raft dive exit went bad and the jumper was slammed by the raft into the aircraft doorframe on exit. She had no warning, and had no way to avoid the blow if she did see it coming.

They all had plenty of warning... they asked me to be on that jump and I said there was no way in hell I would do it because of the risk.

I like AAD's I don't like that people do not avoid the dangerous situations in the first place.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Truman Sparks will swoop me and pull silver, silly.

But who's gonna land the plane? Haha, what a space cadet I am!

That gives me an idea... I'm going to start a thread asking, "What do you do if the pilot jumps out of the plane?"

I always tell observers if the pilot jumps out of the plane, follow him and pull the little silver handle and hope you don't die. hahah :)B|
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

That gives me an idea... I'm going to start a thread asking, "What do you do if the pilot jumps out of the plane?"

That's easy, I earn free jumps for life at this particular DZ by guiding it back to the airport for a three point landing.

In this case three points are the point where the wings land, the point where the fuselage stops and the point where the engine ends up.

I really don't think this is a stupid question. If you don't have an AAD you have no options. With one, you still have a chanve.

Do you consider that the AAD can kill you, in a situation where you would have been absolutely fine if you did not have one?

there are always two sides to the coin...

Sure...

That's why it remains important to look into misfires. As I mentioned in another thread, unspecified performance is really the only thing that worries me and, yes, I understand that in the past all the manufacturers have had issues. As of today I'm comfortable enough with the behavior of the Cypres 2 to use it. I can't say the same for any of the other AADs.

I really don't think this is a stupid question. If you don't have an AAD you have no options. With one, you still have a chanve.

Do you consider that the AAD can kill you, in a situation where you would have been absolutely fine if you did not have one?

Yes, I have considered that, in fact, I got into an equally heated argument in which it appeared I was against AAD's. Sometimes people are so quick to argue their side that they don't really listen to what someone is saying.
But what do I know?

I got kicked in the head really hard on a WFFC magic carpet ride jump that held together for a long time then disintegrated into flailing chaos.

I had a good helmet, not a frap hat.

I had a Cypres, in date and armed.

I had a big PD reserve.

Luckily after a few seconds of dazed and painful fog I got stable and the jump ended fine, no emergency procedures needed and no AAD fire.

Consider landing unconscious under your ram air reserve. That is never a good thing , but your odds are a lot better with a large lightly loaded reserve. Think about that next time you are pondering a postage stamp reserve canopy. Picture a no flare landing, downwind.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I really don't think this is a stupid question. If you don't have an AAD you have no options. With one, you still have a chance.

Yes, I have considered that, in fact, I got into an equally heated argument in which it appeared I was against AAD's. Sometimes people are so quick to argue their side that they don't really listen to what someone is saying.

So what exactly ARE you saying?

If it's that you have a statistically better chance of surviving being knocked out if you have an AAD...well thank you Captain Obvious.

It's not something MOST people lie awake worrying about...or for that matter waste a bunch of bandwidth post whoring over...:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

This is a good reason that you want to know who is on bigways or other organized jumps in which you may be participating.

And don't forget to ask everyone participating too... what they've all SELF-DETERMINED, set each of their individual AAD's to fire at AGL now too! :S;)
coitus non circum - Moab Stone