MrLicious

Rumor Has It?

I didn't say that. Nor do I condone some of skyride's practices, like what you have mentioned. As I have stated before, I am on the record supporting ASC the dropzone only.

My point is: in this localized case you have a few extremely vocal people waving the flag of justice trying to criminalize the very thing their home DZ is doing, albeit on a much smaller scale. Now, the attack is directed at a rival DZ. They try to pin the alleged illegal behavior on their rival, when in fact, a larger corporation is actually responsible for the practice that upsets them... along with their home dz, but we can keep that secret under the carpet.

Blaming/attacking the dropzone will not get these people to their ends, though it is a great scapegoat and more tangible for the simpletons of the world to understand, it won't achieve their desired results. The situation really is that simple.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Bump…..

I get that everyone feels passionately about this subject and that the Skyride morons did a lot of very bad stuff. But I wonder what is ultimately to be gained from threads like this one?

Jaron Lanier, one of the original virtual reality pioneers, just published a book entitled “You Are Not A Gadget.” In it, he discuses what’s gone wrong with web 2.0, not the least of which are nasty exchanges online. To quote:

“I’ve also found that I can be drawn into ridiculous pissing matches online in ways that just wouldn’t happen otherwise, and I’ve never noticed any benefit. There is never a lesson learned, or a catharsis of victory or defeat. If you win anonymously, no one knows, and if you lose you just change your pseudonym and start over, without having modified your point of view one bit.”

Just something to think about.

…end bump, please continue

I been saying that for a while - though not so eloquently. There was a sign at the parts store a long time ago, "Arguing with a parts man is like wrestling with a pig, after a while you start to realize the pig enjoys it."

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Billy, Dave, Jeff- you're making my point for me. i never condoned skyride's practice of putting up those domain names, but it is skyride. The farm consciously opted for that name on their own.

Further, my point is not that skyride is clean or justified, or that ASC is not associated with them. I've addressed those dead points numerous times. My point is that a select group that jump at a competing DZ have righteously placed themselves at the forefront of this discussion, they are instigating all this turmoil. Quite comically, I am pointing out that they are just as guilty of supporting the same practices that they are fighting against!

If i were an outsider visiting www.atlantaskydivingcenter.com I would assume I would be looking at atlanta skydiving center's homepage, while instead I am looking at the farm's.

If I were to prepay for a jump, drive to a DZ I'd never been to, and saw a sign that said "SKYDIVING, turn XXX miles ahead" I would likely head that way. Could cause some confusion, especially amongst tandems.

Again- the point is both parties are guilty, the funniest part is the crucified one is only guilty by association! The other is just yelling louder.

That's all i got for now :)

Just a quick question-- what DZ was in the area first? ASC or The Farm?? I'm just asking because if The Farm was around first and coined their website name and registered that name, then I don't see where your argument holds. I'm asking in all honesty because I don't know which DZ was around first.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Brett, I'm the one that called in the Attorney General in our state,

Damn, all differences aside, I'd shake your hand big guy.
THAT'S steppin' up to the plate!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ASC was there first. The Farm was started by forme ASCer's fed up with ASC/Skyride's deceptive crap.

But that's nothing new in GA. Most of the DZ's in GA were started by ex employees/partners of another DZ. ;)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

ASC was first in the area.

The Farm was started, among other reasons, as an honest option for us.

BTW, the domain name had been in the Farm family for about 5 years. We don't use it nor advertise it. It was purchased from the original owner who bought up many skydiving-related domain names years ago. I believe, but I may be wrong here, that it was offered to B&C but they refused to buy it. If anyone knows different, let us know.

Google "atlantaskydivingcenter" and see what you find. Let us know how deeply it's buried in the results.

And just for grins, Google "skydivethefarm" and compare.

Thanks to the guy for making it known to us...or maybe I should just say "me"!

OK...from these comments by our buddy Brett,

...you have a few extremely vocal people waving the flag of justice trying to criminalize the very thing their home DZ is doing,

and

My point is that a select group that jump at a competing DZ have righteously placed themselves at the forefront of this discussion, they are instigating all this turmoil. Quite comically, I am pointing out that they are just as guilty of supporting the same practices that they are fighting against!

I have to assume that he is talking about Farmers.

Well, after having gone back through the entire thread the number of Farmers posting here is.....

wait for it.....

the whole thing if true sucks major ass! It's just a fucking dropzone with real people who have fun jumping there! Why can't you fucking assholes leave us the fuck alone?

Because you can't separate the DZ from the dirtbag owners, no matter how hard you try to make the case.

And who the hell are you? :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A dropzone ran by stolen money, fraudulent websites and pissed off (and on) customers because they got scammed, were told that all the other DZ's between Kansas and Cedartown were closed and had to drive from Kansas to get their fucking skydive that Martin or Jen could have helped them with!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

A dropzone ran by stolen money, fraudulent websites and pissed off (and on) customers because they got scammed, were told that all the other DZ's between Kansas and Cedartown were closed and had to drive from Kansas to get their fucking skydive that Martin or Jen could have helped them with!

Martin and Jen should get an attorney on that issue. That has happened more than once. It still pisses me off when I saw Chuck and Fincher laughing at that Mom last Autumn who brought her son over for his birthday jump because she probably weighed 350 or so. I reckon it's ok though, they do that all the time anyway.

Stand behind your accusation. Please man-up and post your correct full name in your profile, so Chuck and Fincher can decide whether to sue you for slander.

What do you see as slanderous there? He merely stated that he had seen them laughing at someone for reasons that they shouldn't be laughing about. That looks more like them being their normal disrespectful selves. He's pointing out something they did, and do regularly. I'm not a lawyer, but I just don't see the slander in that statement. If anything, Chuck and Fincher would have been slandering the lady they were laughing at.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

lol, that's true the other 4 or 5 ringleaders don't skydive, I forgot.

I just had a brain-flash.

Brett, I do not represent The Farm. The DZO does. Anything I say with respect to Slyride is my own personal comment. Please don't take anything I say as being official Farm opinion. Just FYI, there are one or two here that agree with a couple of your points....not many but a couple....well, really just one.

Some of the guys at ASC are indeed "good" guys...they're just following the paycheck money. I tend to take the moral over the money but there you have it.

One other thing. Lo and behold, one of the jumpers leaving the Slyride fold actually got his money-on-account back.

Well, it is no longer a rumor. The Polk County Commission made the decision last month not to renew ASC's lease effective April 2010.

Uh, Cary? Remember when you said "go ahead and sue me, I've got more money than God"?

I hope you knew Karma would come back and bite you in the ass someday.

This is not all that you've got to deal with, far from it.

Have a nice evening! B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, it is no longer a rumor. The Polk County Commission made the decision last month not to renew ASC's lease effective April 2010.

Uh, Cary? Remember when you said "go ahead and sue me, I've got more money than God"?

Have a nice evening! B|

w00h000!!!!
IHYD

Have a nice evening! B|

Legal link?
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I can see the USPA and the feds getting in on this.
Airport Access Defense, anyone?

I can see the USPA and the feds getting in on this.
Airport Access Defense, anyone?

Has The Farm lost access? :)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

The question I have is this; Can Airport Access be an issue here? Here's why I ask this.
Being that Skyride/ASC has done everything they have done, and throw in all the negative media attention and the Georgia court order which they ignore, and all the other ways they have used and abused the city of Cedartown, Wouldn't Cedartown have the right to just say, "Your lease is up, go away" and not allow another DZ to come in?
This refers back to what I said in the "Greed" thread about how Skyride has done detrimental harm to our sport. What's to keep the City of Cedartown from Saying, "The last Skydivers we had, trashed our town and made us look bad on a National level, so, no, Mr. (New DZO), you cannot set up a DZ here"???
Someone enlighten me here, I just don't see where Airport Access can be an issue in this case.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!