MrLicious

Rumor Has It?

That Cedartown airport will not be renewing the ASC Lease this April. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Has anybody else heard anything about this?

Just Curious?
There are no pessimists in skydiving.

My Advice: It's worth what you pay for it, and I'm an expert at it.

That Cedartown airport will not be renewing the ASC Lease this April. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Has anybody else heard anything about this?

Just Curious?

Haven't heard anything on that, but if true, what a double whammy that would be, facing possible eviction from both Cedartown and Waverly locations. Wow...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just Curious?

Haven't heard anything on that, but if true, what a double whammy that would be, facing possible eviction from both Cedartown and Waverly locations. Wow...

If the Airport management of either airport has any morals at all, they would kick their asses out! There's enough information available to build a rock solid case to do that because of their scam, fraud and deception and the other bullshit. I don't think that the Airport defense fund will defend them if the Airports don't want to be affiliated with a company who uses fraud and deception as their way of doing business.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Just Curious?

If the Airport management of either airport has any morals at all, they would kick their asses out! There's enough information available to build a rock solid case to do that because of their scam, fraud and deception and the other bullshit. I don't think that the Airport defense fund will defend them if the Airports don't want to be affiliated with a company who uses fraud and deception as their way of doing business.

I don't think USPA is going to touch this one. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They were trying to get rid of them a few years ago.

I remember that. That was around the time they also had the DZ in Pell City, and Cary was looking to move the main DZ there and build a new hangar next to the restaurant. The airport told him a big fat NO. He was pissed.

I hope this is not true. I know that ASC is not popular, but I've enjoyed the hell out of hanging around with those guys. Did my first tandem and AFF there. Plus, it's great to have a weekday off and drive up to jump.

IF true, at the very least, I hope that the next occupant keeps most of the same guys around.

I hope this is not true. I know that ASC is not popular, but I've enjoyed the hell out of hanging around with those guys. Did my first tandem and AFF there. Plus, it's great to have a weekday off and drive up to jump.

IF true, at the very least, I hope that the next occupant keeps most of the same guys around.

I respectfully urge you to fully educate yourself on Skyride. Fully.

I don't think USPA is going to touch this one. :S

SR has USPA wrapped around its finger.
Depending upon what reason the county uses not to renew their lease, they *might* ask for AAD funds.
USPA would bend over and give them more money.

Ed Scott was so intimidated by SR and believed the bad advice from the same attorneys that settled with SR, that he refused to testify in the SDA v. SR trial unless SR put it writing that SR would not sue USPA for his testimony in the lawsuit. There is a clause in the settlement agreement that addresses just such an occasion.
Scott had already given a video depo why all of a sudden would he not personally testify.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Depending upon what reason the county uses not to renew their lease, they *might* ask for AAD funds.

I understand your well versed in the on goings of the workings of UsPay. However it has been explained to me, more then once, from HQ GR office that in fact AAD funds are not just handed out to those who ask for it. In fact AAD funds are only used for access rights cases (part 13 & part 16) that are not going well, and the DZO will have to show they have spend a rather large sum of money in legal fees and they are about to lose the case. This will require the full BOD to sign off on the spending.

So from the sounds of it to me, it's not all that easy to get AAD funds. (as noted, based on info from HQ)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

ASC started the whole 1 800 Skyride mess. They started the fake web pages in other states and giving the appearance of being in every state, then spawmed Skyride and scammed soo much money out of Alabama that they forced Pell City in to closing, then they opened up a couple of other dz's and continued the scamming. Where's is going to end?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Next occupant??? Here's a little history lesson, albeit a short one: every airport they've operated at, and then left or was forced out, is not likely to welcome another DZ in its wake. Hasn't happened yet. :|

How many airports have the left or been forced out of?

The first one was Pell City, AL, which was my home DZ for 7 years, just a mom and pop operation for the most part. ASC's unfair business tactics took almost all of their tandem and student business away. The DZO could not stay afloat, and ended up selling to Cary because nobody else would buy it. Then ASC set up their 2nd DZ there. Obviously they did things their own way that rankled the airport board and neighbors and after 5 years were pretty much forced out after the airport installed barbed wire fencing along the LZ edge as part of improving airport security and installed a couple of communications towers smack dab in the middle of the LZ.

After that, ASC moved to Prattville, AL. where they only lasted one year (according to one of their core jumpers who told me "we acted like drunken idiots").

Then they moved to Clarksville, TN. They ran afoul of the city and airport board for staging some idiotic Cat AIDS benefit boogie where they mentioned that proceeds would go to the local animal shelter that never was informed of the event and didn't see any of the money until after the fact when the DZM tried to save face by offering $100, which was refused.

Now they are at Waverly, TN and trying their best to hang onto it because they have no other options in the state.

The one constant I've seen through all their behavior is arrogance. Arrogance that only Cary Q could teach. I'm not saying everybody who jumps at Skyride's DZs are arrogant. There are lots of good jumpers who like jumping there and prefer to turn a blind eye to the bad stuff.

Unfortunately for those, if this rumor is true, their ignorance will rob them of their favorite place to jump.

And that's not all. They can't even defend their actions because they have no credible defense. So what do they do? They start attacking by posting gay skydiving ads on the internet using the names of people who have criticized them.

Bunch of uncivilized fucks. :S

And that's not all. They can't even defend their actions because they have no credible defense. So what do they do? They start attacking by posting gay skydiving ads on the internet using the names of people who have criticized them.

Soooo, are you coming out now? :D:D:D

(Sorry, I could not resist.)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Soooo, are you coming out now? :D:D:D

(Sorry, I could not resist.)

:D Well, they do seem to like making fun of gays. One look at their website says it all: www.gayskydiving.com :P

I agree with you about having friends at the DZ. I have a lot of friends at AST and think of it this way, how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

If i was making millions of dollars scamming consumers all across the country, pulling a few $100 out of the drawer every weekend to build up a local base of people who will think I am the best person in the world and spew it all over the place would be worth it.

My DZ buys beer and food sometimes too and we are scraping by most of the time.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I agree with you about having friends at the DZ. I have a lot of friends at AST and think of it this way, how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

Very easy to justify doing so, as they laugh,eat and drink the extra altitude and big plane funds.:D
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

Hi '66,
Whell pall, 'hitz been a few years but back in th "Bad ole' daze" of Borderlands Airsports Center at Otay, CA, at the end of the jump day, Ole' Jim Mc Donald would send someone over to Pio Pico and haul back a whole bunch of "COLD BEER!!" "Free to 'all' on the DZ!!" If'n yer an old So. Cal Round Chute Jumper an' ya' stil got a couple of brain cells firin', ya' maght' still remember!!!

As for Pizza, whell thatz' another story.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi legalize,

how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

Obviously, you have never been around a Ted Mayfield-owned dz,

JerryBaumchen

PS) And it wasn't some cheap pizza, try steaks & drinks downtown.