JerseyShawn

What made you persue skydiving?

Visited SkyVentures in Orlando. Met two guys who were very patient and got me belly flying really well in the tunnel. They suggested AFF. Im a big guy (295 out the door) so I went over to Mirage with one of them, and $7K later I had a rig on order. Peter and Chris are FANTASTIC coaches and really nice guys. Got 16 jumps in with Peter and cant wait till I have time to complete my A. Trust and confidence in how I was taught really made the journey a great one. Also received some great info from TK on being a larger jumper, and dropped 24 lbs to make my jumps safely. Great sport. Great people.

I had a job I hated and needed something to vent my stress. Saw a skydiving ad in a local newspaper and never looked back...

Why I started jumping? Everything sucked at that point

Why I keep jumping? The people I've met are some of the best, trustworthy fun loving people I've ever had the fortune to meet.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

always wanted to skydive since i was a kid but was always too heavy to do so. So finally i lost the weight and did my first tandem. I've been hooked ever since and haven't looked back.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

My girlfriend dumped me and my motorcycle was stolen. I had always been curious about skydiving, and heard that there was a DZ nearby. So I figured I try it out. I was 19 and that was 40 years ago.

Kevin K.

sailplane flying, Climbing, slacklining, then rope jumping in middle school-high school. (class 2003), then powered aircraft in college. Skydiving was part of the progression toward higher, faster, farther. Main goal was BASE jumping. First skydive in 2002, fist BASE jump 2003.

Being able to use any parachute system with ease is a good thing.

I was forced to seek out an alternative to sex due to women being bitches. B|

It's kind of funny, the total lack of girls in the sport was something I was actually happy about at first.

And now, well a single dude, I can't help but lament the fact that the hobby is such a total freaking sausage fest. A frat with no sorority to match up with.

But I'm not partaking in the sport to meet any women, I'm there for peace and to be with friends.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!