lopullterri

USPA BOD MEETING - Archway Group membership REMOVED!!

So refresh our memory, what did they do to deserve it?

I think that's where the DZO/rigger misrouted the reserve closing loop (outside the Cypres cutter) and a student went in with a fired Cypres and a closed reserve container. The DZO might have pulled a gun on a jumper in the aftermath.

The whole thing seems like a moot point because if it is that DZ, the DZO closed up shop not long after the fatality.

I think that's where the DZO/rigger misrouted the reserve closing loop (outside the Cypres cutter) and a student went in with a fired Cypres and a closed reserve container. The DZO might have pulled a gun on a jumper in the aftermath.

The whole thing seems like a moot point because if it is that DZ, the DZO closed up shop not long after the fatality.

I can't imagine a mistake - however egregious - resulting in removal from USPA.

More details????
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Apparently, the BOD removed the Group Membership of Archway Skydiving Center! I am impressed! Way to go, ladies and gentlemen!!!

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Min_BOD_2011_07.pdf

The minutes are pretty vague about why they were removed, but it doesn't look like it was the BOD that did it. What's interesting is that the membership was removed in May 2011, the month before the lawsuit was filed. I wonder what the actual cause of the removal was, it doesn't sound like it was a punitive action due to the fatality.

The committee discussed the disposition of the group membership of Archway Skydiving Center. The Regional Director reported the group membership was removed in May 2011.

It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

I can't imagine a mistake - however egregious - resulting in removal from USPA.

More details????

You're right. A DZ can have punitive action by the FAA enforced documented and the USPA BOD STILL won't pull a membership.:|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Interesting...The CSPA requested that USPA require all Canadian dropzones with USPA membership ALSO have CSPA membership. I wonder if that is because of a certain DZ in Ontario that is only a USPA dropzone.

There are two dropzones in Ontario that are only USPA. CSPA is being run by a bunch of people that shouldn't be in those positions. Right now their focus is on things that don't really matter and stuff that doesn't benefit the members. This is a way to try and force people to conform to their rules instead of having the country slowly convert to USPA which is happening.

There are two dropzones in Ontario that are only USPA. CSPA is being run by a bunch of people that shouldn't be in those positions. Right now their focus is on things that don't really matter and stuff that doesn't benefit the members. This is a way to try and force people to conform to their rules instead of having the country slowly convert to USPA which is happening.

One man's opinion... :P

rather than hijack this thread, if you want to start a CSPA discussion start up your own thread
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

One man's opinion...

rather than hijack this thread, if you want to start a CSPA discussion start up your own thread

It is a little more than one man's opinion. I don't want to start a CSPA discussion thread because I don't care enough about it to. There is a reason why I am USPA and have USPA ratings. I was merely adding to what was one thought on the subject I replied to.

One man's opinion...

It is a little more than one man's opinion. I don't want to start a CSPA discussion thread because I don't care enough about it to. There is a reason why I am USPA and have USPA ratings. I was merely adding to what was one thought on the subject I replied to.

Hopefully you've given up your CSPA membership too. :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Well everyone knows CSPA is just a cheap knock off of the USPA.... bunch of wanna bees...... LOL :P

Plus, I can think of a few derogatory terms that CSPA can be acronyms for...

;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban