jrmrangers

Ever dream that you bounced?

So last night I had a dream that I went in at a strange dropzone. I woke up before I hit the ground but it was no doubt not ending well. It started out as a PC in tow, then to a bag lock. I went to my EP's and remember thinking it was funny that I got to my reserve handle before my RSL. I pulled the reserve handle completely out and nothing. I was whacking the crap out of the container with my elbows , still nothing. By that time I was getting close so I stopped fighting and made my peace with the world before I became a part of it! Woke up feeling good though today, weird I guess. Anybody else have dreams of going in?
Wait , I pull what first?

Plenty of those, sometimes wingsuiting it down onto a downhill with nice green grass, landing it. Other times, just bouncing straight in, but can always get up of the ground. Sometimes, serious, can't go back to sleep, the shock was just too much, but then I just go onto dz.com for some midnight reading.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

I have numerous dreams about reserve rides and bounces and I never die in those dreams nor wake up. Last one that I can remember I was flying a wing suit skimming some snowy mountain until I impacted into clear blue unfrozen lake. Got out of the lake and I remember thinking it was pretty stupid not having pulled at all. I don't remember what I did in the dream after that.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Interesting thing... when I was in my teens, I would have recurring dreams of falling, then as I approached the ground would slow gently and fall, roll or in some cases wake up just before hitting the ground. The method of my falling was different... once it was a roller coaster ride where the car shot off the top turn, another time I was shot out of a cannon, etc. After going to Airborne School, the dreams never returned.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My most common one is deploying and seeing a 10 sqft canopy above. Of course it hauls ass and I make a long 10ft deep trench with me feet as I land. B|

That or a reserve that NEVER seems to open completely. Once I hit I get up and laugh about how much that sucked.

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I had a dream like that once. For me, it was a streamer. The canopy was out of the bag, but never opened. I remember looking up and thinking 'shit!'. I tried to do my EP's but I could never find the handles. I woke up just before going in though.
Paddle faster....I hear banjo music

I've bounced in my dreams a few times. Just get up and brush myself off.

I think this is common. The non-injurious bounce followed by the dusting off and walking away. I had mine within the first months of starting up in the sport and I've had several weird ones since.

I've often wondered, Freud & Jung spoke of dream symbolism. For many, dreams of flight have a generalized significance and in some it is specific, but those people likely don't actually fly and have not experienced anything close to it. We have. So I wonder if we now bring a whole other meaning to our flight dreams that Freud & Jung could never have imagined.

After i broke my shinbone....lots of them...but mostly it was landings that went REALLY BAD!
Then there was the divorce and though I had only 8 jumps to my name i had a good number. And it would kind of linger in my mind every time I went up.
Then one day there was some "industrial haze" that was like a sheet cake and only 500ft thick but smooth as all can be. Above it was blue skies but there it was, a false floor.....and I fell into it...i saw my shadow as i had in my deems.....I was going to crash into myself.....
Think about the spirituality of that statement "I was going to crash into myself"
And well I didn't die......but it woke me up.
Perhaps death is just our way of waking up from our long dream.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Not me, but I have had dreams about others bouncing, but in one dream we were at couch freaks and everyone bounced but landed all lined up in a row and as I was running to help them, I was told don't worry about it they are all just drunk.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

yes, these columbian drug guys kidnapped me, tied me up, showed me a huge knife, and said: you are gonna die slow ( I already knew that ). finally they said, we're gonna take you up in our plane and throw you out, I laughed to myself and thought, hey, that's not too bad !!! I woke up laughing at the good deal I had. :)

Yes, once in every while I have those dreams where I deploy on time only to have the lines stretch above with the bag still locked. 99.9% of time I somehow will myself to slow down to a soft & feathery landing.

The best thing about having those dream is that often the laws of physics do not apply, enabling myself to do impossible things in the freefall (slower fallrate, tracking from/to and playing with different groups on the same run, intermixing different disciplines, etc).

I've bounced in my dreams a few times. Just get up and brush myself off.

I think this is common. The non-injurious bounce followed by the dusting off and walking away. I had mine within the first months of starting up in the sport and I've had several weird ones since.

I've often wondered, Freud & Jung spoke of dream symbolism. For many, dreams of flight have a generalized significance and in some it is specific, but those people likely don't actually fly and have not experienced anything close to it. We have. So I wonder if we now bring a whole other meaning to our flight dreams that Freud & Jung could never have imagined.

I dreamed I found your freebag. Wonder what Jung/Freud would say about that?

Had a dream years ago where I went in when nothing out, not even the PC. I got up and dusted myself off and, embarrassed, looked around quickly to see if anyone had noticed. Nobody had. Then, since I was packed and geared up, I got back on the plane for another jump.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I dreamed I found your freebag. Wonder what Jung/Freud would say about that?

Hmmm... Perhaps you can tell us what it means to you. Your words are the key to unveiling the deeper meaning. Then again, some dark secrets are best left dark & secret.

Did you dream I gave it back to you? Or did I keep it for myself?