mklady

Skydive Signs??

Man, this is getting good, I'm going to go pop some popcorn. B|

Interesting that Ben's lackeys are, well, still Ben's lackeys. :D:D:D

I'm waiting for the I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I post. That will confirm my suspicions that we have been invaded by prepubescents.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Can someone answer why an operation would hold themselves out openly, advertised to the public as "Skydive Nashville" (http://www.skydivenashville.com) when only upon further investigation - (that if not done, otherwise clearly DECEIVES) it becomes evident, they are NOT?

Someone please show me a LEGITIMATE reason, or argument supporting how they can defend this? I'm all ears. "Late to the party" or not. :) I thought this was a CURRENT conversation, about CURRENT events/activities. ...Can I get a CURRENT answer?

Cheers All,
-Grant

grant,

because we damned well ARE!

what deception could you possibly be referring to?

we(the asc heathens) are all finding this thread terribly entertaining because we are in fact advertising for, jumping at and having a great time at a dropzone just north of nashville, tennessee!

why would we be called to "defend" signs, websites and other advertising in the market surrounding a great dropzone that chuck and the kids are busting hump building every weekend just north of nashville, tennessee?

am i answering your question? in a current, direct manner?

are there any other questions?
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

I'm waiting for the I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I post. That will confirm my suspicions that we have been invaded by prepubescents.

we prefer to be referred to as "cary's lackeys" as ben butler retired well over a year ago! he is currently busy transforming the moon into a fully operational death star. the signs are merely a distraction.

thanks.
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

I called the number as well, not only is Russelville not open until 2009 but they are not even in Nashville as they advertise. I called this ASC number instead and they sent me to an awesome dropzone right outside of nashville. Everyone was having a great time jumping out of a maintained turbine aircraft, smiles on all the faces. It was almost like they were having a good time. Maybe these folks should put up some signs in Nashville cause it is definitely the place i want to jump.

Really?

Are these the directions to Skydive Nashville?
---------------------
[Blue]Skydiving Nashville

Take I-24 east to I-75
Take I-75 south to hwy 113 (exit 288 Cartersville)
Turn right on Hwy. 113
Turn right on Hwy. 278 west
Follow Hwy. 278 for 6 miles
Turn right at the Airport sign (Airport Rd.)
Airport Rd. forks immediately, stay left
Skydive Nashville is 1/4 mile on the left[/Blue]
---------------------

These are what are on "Skydive Nashville's" site! Funny, their phone # also seems to be the same as what I am hearing is on those signs too.

But what do I know? I am born of a mother with Cat Aids. :D:S
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

we prefer to be referred to as "cary's lackeys" as ben butler retired well over a year ago! he is currently busy transforming the moon into a fully operational death star. the signs are merely a distraction.

thanks.

Lackey is still lackey. :)
To the rest of you, arguing with these people is like wrestling with a pig - after a while you realize the pig enjoys it.
:)
Edit cause I can't spell.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Hmmmmm.... Okay then. I see that someone has updated the site between yesterday noon TODAY and today just a few moments ago (between the last few posts maybe even?) now, and the directions at least SEEM to point to a location much closer to Nashville. Again, I am not from the area, so I do not know. Here is what it currently points to:

[Blue]Take 24-W towards Clarksville
Drive to Exit 1 for State Highway 48/Trenton Rd
Turn left onto Highway 48/Trenton Rd
After .5 miles turn right onto Tiny Town Rd
Drive for 6 miles then turn left on Outlaw Field Rd
The airport terminal will be on the left, less than a mile down
Outlaw Field Rd.[/Blue]

Is this your DZ, or the DZ you are referring to?
If so, then why weren't these the directions on there (instead of to someplace outside of Atlanta, GA) all along?

Again - just askin'.

Blues,
-Grant

To the rest of you, arguing with these people is like wrestling with a pig - after a while you realize the pig enjoys it.

Agreed, we're arguing religion here. You guys have a warped sense of reality that causes bumper stickers and the hell they represent to be the demise of the skydiving universe.

Look, I'm not an idiot, I know skyride has and/or had some practices that walked the business ethics tight rope but I'll bet for every person that was upset about having to drive an extra couple hours to a DZ, there were 1000 behind em with smiles so big from their first jump they could eat their own faces. And guess what? There really is a DZ near nashville now! Weird!

Us "lackeys" know how everything really operates (along with several thousand happy tandem students) cuz we've been around the evil ASC darkside a few years. You make it very easy to laugh at your outrageous and overzealous responses to some inconsequential sh*t. We throw out a few jabs like "cat aids" for fun to try to lighten the f*ckin mood because there are so many tight @$$es in here you people must be sh*tting diamonds. Even while debating, skydiving can still be fun!

That said, tap out or pass out f*ckers!B|
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

thanks.

Umm...... You wrestle with pigs... and they like it? I think Tn already has a law for that one.

thanks.

Umm...... You wrestle with pigs... and they like it? I think Tn already has a law for that one.

oink oink oink

That said, tap out or pass out f*ckers!

I like that line. Can I use that sometime (with permission, and even full credit for it if you like, of course) - or is it otherwise copywrited or trademarked somehow?

That is one real helluva slap-down one-liner there, for sure! B|

Hmmmmm.... Okay then. I see that someone has updated the site between yesterday noon TODAY and today just a few moments ago (between the last few posts maybe even?) now, and the directions at least SEEM to point to a location much closer to Nashville. Again, I am not from the area, so I do not know. Here is what it currently points to:

[Blue]Take 24-W towards Clarksville
Drive to Exit 1 for State Highway 48/Trenton Rd
Turn left onto Highway 48/Trenton Rd
After .5 miles turn right onto Tiny Town Rd
Drive for 6 miles then turn left on Outlaw Field Rd
The airport terminal will be on the left, less than a mile down
Outlaw Field Rd.[/Blue]

Is this your DZ, or the DZ you are referring to?
If so, then why weren't these the directions on there (instead of to someplace outside of Atlanta, GA) all along?

Again - just askin'.

Blues,
-Grant

It still looks like a sLyride website's directions. There's no mailing address, but I guess I will admit, It's a good start. Bravo!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

That said, tap out or pass out f*ckers!

I like that line. Can I use that sometime (with permission, and even full credit for it if you like, of course) - or is it otherwise copywrited or trademarked somehow?

That is one real helluva slap-down one-liner there, for sure! B|

I do not have permission to release the usage of that line. It is not my own, though I wish it was. The phrase was actually uttered by one of our hardcore female accomplices, though I believe Chuck has trademarked it. Maybe I've said too much already...

Just one of the many magical moments/statements that is guaranteed to occur when hangin with the ASCers.

Chuck- can a hater use the new slogan to "Skydive: The Octagon?"
So there I was...

Jesus dude, you're like Eric Cartman's mom- just gotta rain on everyone's parade. Is "Blame Canada" your life theme song with ASC in place of Canada?

You remind me of this guy i had to deal with that was mad his air conditioner didn't work well enough in his room at my hotel. In the discussion of how to rectify his situation, he worked himself up so much he was 'going to single handedly bring down Hilton Hotels Corporation.' Right... Puffed up chests are just filled with hot air, scars prove those who can truly walk tall.

I don't even smoke, but you're in serious need of a J player. I assure you- there are much better and more intelligent ways to spend your time and energy if you are, as you appear to be, on a mission for the good of all mankind. I've got a laundry list I could give you that I've experienced firsthand in just 25 years. Get off your soapbox of righteousness, relax, and let skydivers skydive for fuck's sake! In the meantime, I'm content to point and laugh... and skydive.
So there I was...

mr napier,

are you in fact associated with the dropzone advertised at:

http://www.nashvilleskydiving.org/?

i believe you are. if not, kindly forgive my mistake, and forward this communication to those involved.

if so, please allow me to bring to your attention the obviously unintentional omission of the asc operated dropzone at clarksville's outlaw field from your websites list of dropzones serving the nashville market.

the assertion:

" ***These are the ONLY Skydive Centers that are located within a reasonable driving distance from Nashville and Bowling Green. Remember to check our consumer alert so that you don't get scammed by 1 800 Skyride/Adventure Skydiving or Thill Planet!"

coupled with the exclusion of our dropzone in a list that includes the fine folks on the extreme east and west ends of the state, as well as in alabama and kentucky is surely a simple oversight borne of the demanding task of dealing with your dropzones "logistical issues".

surely, the short time we have been in operation( well over six months) has not allowed you opportunity to ammend your list.

what what time may we expect to see the newest, (and closest) operational dropzone to nashville added to your otherwise accurate list? we look very much forward to being included.

or perhaps you would prefer to remove the entirely fallacious assertions regarding our organization that your main page contains?

Reference to a child's website has been deleted.

needs a slight modification as well. his claim that nashville skydiving is "music city's closest skydive center" is erroneous in light of the fact that outlaw field is a full 5 miles closer to the heart of nashville than the Russellville/Logan Co. Airport.

i bring these issues to your attention purely as a professional courtesy. none of us would enjoy seeing your reputation for steadfast dedication to truth in advertising tarnished.

i wish you the best of luck in reviving "one of the great entertainment venues of the region rivaling most amusement parks". surely "one of the premier Skydive Schools in the region" boasting both static line training AND tandem skydiving in combination with your " very friendly and knowledgeable staff" will meet the needs of anyone who has ever "dreamed of Parachute Jumping from Airplanes" and is an asset that would be sorely missed from the "beautiful scenic landscape of Southern Central Kentucky".

(on a side note could i perhaps purchase one of your parachutes that "will open automatically." mine, which requires deployment (by some means), doesn't seem nearly as safe by comparison)

if myself, or any of my associates can be of any assistance to you in your endeavors, the pleasure would be ours.

with all the respect that you are due,
lance

Jesus dude, you're like Eric Cartman's mom- just gotta rain on everyone's parade. Is "Blame Canada" your life theme song with ASC in place of Canada?

You remind me of this guy i had to deal with that was mad his air conditioner didn't work well enough in his room at my hotel. In the discussion of how to rectify his situation, he worked himself up so much he was 'going to single handedly bring down Hilton Hotels Corporation.' Right... Puffed up chests are just filled with hot air, scars prove those who can truly walk tall.

I don't even smoke, but you're in serious need of a J player. I assure you- there are much better and more intelligent ways to spend your time and energy if you are, as you appear to be, on a mission for the good of all mankind. I've got a laundry list I could give you that I've experienced firsthand in just 25 years. Get off your soapbox of righteousness, relax, and let skydivers skydive for fuck's sake! In the meantime, I'm content to point and laugh... and skydive.

OMG! I just spewed my coffee all over my monitor and keyboard over this post! :D

Brett - you owe me some new computer peripherals now over this post! :P

We might be on opposite sides of some of the issues behind this debate, but I'm sorry - I've got to nominate this as one of the best posts EVER, that I've ever seen. :) Maybe you could/should counsel your friend who instead responds with his one-liners like "losers!", and "Your Momma's have Cat Aids", and teach him a thing or two? It would at least make the debate itself, a little more worthwhile, if not maybe even entertaining!

If your dropzone in Clarksville (Outlaw Field?) has been open for more than 6 months now, as you now say... then why would signs that were JUST being put out by (presumably) yourself, over just the last week or so, and YOUR very own website (www.skydivenashville.com) still have had on it only up until just maybe noon or so yesterday - Directions to someplace in GA?

Your argument and attack on a competitor not having YOUR DZ accurately posted up and listed on his website, is absurd, and specious.

Great (attempt at) deflection technique(s) though.