mklady

Skydive Signs??

airplane accidents are a normal part of this sport. No one is caling them out on having a accident. The fact that the plane wasnt even close to being maintained by federal standards is a issue. No annual since 2003? NO 100 hr? Come on! those issues werent just overlooked. That is blatant disregard for the lives of your customers. If that engine loss would have happened at a different time, under other circumstances, resulting in the loss of life, it would be nothing short of manslaughter.
By the sound of your post I guess you think its acceptable? Ok
I think that someone driving a couple of hours farther to get on a better maintained aircraft is acceptable.

Not to mention the fact that it speaks volumes for thier safety concerns. I mean if they didnt maintain something like a airplane which is governed by FEDERAL LAW. God knows how they maintained thier gear. Funny that they are so worried with the law now concerning advertising but werent concerned with the laws governing aviation. Seems an odd order of priorities. Sick burn on them I guess. If they had been they would still be in business.

And lets not forget that the number is for a dropzone near Nashville...so whats the fraud again?
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

airplane accidents are a normal part of this sport. No one is caling them out on having a accident. The fact that the plane wasnt even close to being maintained by federal standards is a issue. No annual since 2003? NO 100 hr? Come on! those issues werent just overlooked. That is blatant disregard for the lives of your customers. If that engine loss would have happened at a different time, under other circumstances, resulting in the loss of life, it would be nothing short of manslaughter.
By the sound of your post I guess you think its acceptable? Ok
I think that someone driving a couple of hours farther to get on a better maintained aircraft is acceptable.

Not to mention the fact that it speaks volumes for thier safety concerns. I mean if they didnt maintain something like a airplane which is governed by FEDERAL LAW. God knows how they maintained thier gear. Funny that they are so worried with the law now concerning advertising but werent concerned with the laws governing aviation. Seems an odd order of priorities. Sick burn on them I guess. If they had been they would still be in business.

And lets not forget that the number is for a dropzone near Nashville...so whats the fraud again?

Like I said before, I have never questioned sLyride's safety record simply because I'm (a) not concerned with comparing oranges to oranges in that area and (b) I have not educated myself in that area to be able to rightfully make a judgement call. When our plane ran off the runway, I was 200 miles from there jumping elsewhere at the time, so I can only go by what I was told.
So, therefore, I stay out of that side of the business. You yourself can't accuse me of ever bringing your nor our aircraft in to the picture.
Yeah, you may be right about what you said about our situation, but I am not going to state an opinion either way in the aircraft side of the business. So that's one issue that you, Chuck, Paiser, sLyride, or anyone will not be arguing with me over, simply because I'm not in that part of it.
Besides all that, I went back and double checked my site and there's not anywhere in there that even tells what kind of plane or the condition of in the site. So based on that, I never falsely advertised about that.
BTW, your DZ is more like 52 or 53 miles from Nashville, NOT 25 as stated in your USPA listing and other places. Our's is the same, almost to the mile.:P
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

First thing, I don't need a recurrency jump, I get around quite frequently. I just jumped 2 weeks ago.
That's not important to this conversation.
The only thing wrong with my website is that it's not as pretty as sLyride's 1,000's of sites.
If you count mile for mile from the county line to your place verses ours, They are pretty much the same distance.
My website does not say anything about our aircraft nor the condition of, so there's no deception there.
My website DOES CLEARLY STATE our physical location.
Does your's? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
Does your signs state your location, or at least give an idea of what State the jumping will be in? NO!
Did Chuck follow up with a "Just kidding" or something to rectify the deceptive lie that he told? NO!
Is the person that answers the calls from the customer in the local Nashville area? NO! >>>VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!
After I responded to his comment that it was us, did he come back with a correction? NO!
Has he yet to jump in here and try to offer any kind of acceptable explaination as to why he did that? NO!
After I called him out, did he jump in and defend himself and/or the company? NO!
As I said earlier in this thread, being that he is the manager (Or whatever his title is) of a sLyride operation, that makes him a representative of that company, and he got in this thread and LIED in front of the whole world and showed that the sLyride scam is still going.

Furthermore, when I said more than once in this thread and others on DZ.com, If it were Mullins, or any other operation OR had sLyride not been the deceptive crooks, ie Chuck's LIE!, I would probably almost definitely be over there everytime the plane flies.
Myself nor Matt are opposed to a DZ being there. I think it can be great for the sport in this area, but because of the past and current ongoing deception, ie, CHUCK'S LIE! I don't have any plans to stop putting your (sLyride's) shit in the street!

The question I have for you is, Being that you (sLyride) have a DZ in Tennessee now, Why don't you go ahead and post your location on the websites?
All we ask is for your company to stop running the deception, ie CHUCK"S LIE! and tell people via ON YOUR WEBSITES straight up where you're at so they can make an educated decision on where they want to jump.
Besides all this, using someone's plane crash to defer the attention away from the real issue is not going to work.
I have never questioned your company's safety record with your planes, or your jumpers. I'm not the person that knows anything about that. And, you will not see anything about that subject on my Consumer Alert either.
In closing I will say this;
There's so much business here, that You guys, us, Cullman, Etown and Mullins should have no problem co-existing.
That's all I wanted to say, I'm off for the night.

"That's not important to this conversation."

it appears, sir, that no rebuttal of any sort is relevant to your mean spirited, offensive tirades.

"My website does not say anything about our aircraft nor the condition of, so there's no deception there."

so, operating an aircraft in gross violation of federal regulations is permitted so long as one does not make an express claim to have adhered to said laws? lovely logic! your moral clarity combined with your obviously expansive expertise pertaining to faa regulations, tennessee state law and all things advertising certainly qualify you to illuminate the evils of our wicked little signs.

"After I responded to his comment that it was us, did he come back with a correction? NO!
Has he yet to jump in here and try to offer any kind of acceptable explaination as to why he did that? NO!
After I called him out, did he jump in and defend himself and/or the company? NO! "

chances are that your frantic, ill thought out mewling is entertaining charles to no end. i'm getting quite a kick out of it as well.

"As I said earlier in this thread, being that he is the manager (Or whatever his title is) of a sLyride operation, that makes him a representative of that company, and he got in this thread and LIED in front of the whole world and showed that the sLyride scam is still going. "

umm, i doubt the whole world is interested in this thread, really. aside from your brave little posse comitatus, some asc staff, and my boy brett, chances are no one is concerned at all about signs promoting skydiving being put up in nashville or anywhere else.

Furthermore, when I said more than once in this thread and others on DZ.com, If it were Mullins, or any other operation OR had sLyride not been the deceptive crooks, ie Chuck's LIE!, I would probably almost definitely be over there everytime the plane flies."

gibberish, please edit for some semblance of clarity.

"probably almost definitely"

ummm, yeah.

"Myself nor Matt are opposed to a DZ being there. I think it can be great for the sport in this area, but because of the past and current ongoing deception, ie, CHUCK'S LIE! I don't have any plans to stop putting your (sLyride's) shit in the street!"

great! we have 500 more signs we'll need help distributing in the markets we are serving with top notch equipment, properly trained staff and a freakin' array of well maintained turbine aircraft! we generally start at sunset.

"In closing I will say this;
There's so much business here, that You guys, us, Cullman, Etown and Mullins should have no problem co-existing. "

that would be great, when would you like to begin this utopian dropzone love fest? i'm sure we could send a few tandems your way.

;)

p.s. i'm just kidding.
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

In fact Mr. Frazier to say that the meaningless and half-thought empty arguments posted by these every-other-weekend warriors amuses me, falls short. It's freaking hysterical.
No doubt that even this post will be roiled over, dissected and twisted to mean whatever suits napier's fancy at the moment.
I mean, after one post I am apparently a money hungry tyrant hell-bent on world domination. Not saying that it's not true of course, but nothing in my initial post would allude to said intent.
And I most enjoy the line about me watching my wallet. It's nothing more than a piece of leather wrapped around old receipts. It's no deeper than that Mr. Napier so good luck.
In closing, Jumpdude... You're wielding a shroud of blind protection in one hand and a sword of supposed truth in the other.
You condemn me, a dropzone full of intelligent, hard working skydivers, and a legitimate business you've never even seen operate on grounds of ignorant self-righteousness. All the while dismissing the fact that the business practices of your home dropzone are just as bad if not worse than the alleged business practices of ours. And yes, operating an aircraft in a commercial sense with falsified maintenance records and hiding it until the aircraft crashes is a bad business practice.
Anyway, I'll have fun sitting back and watching you manipulate my words to mean what you wish. Please enjoy the content and have a field day.

It really was not my intent to have either you, or Jan feel any need to try to explain these, or even address these any further. You have nothing related to this, to need to "answer" for.

Further explain this part of your statement. I understood the first part and your support and praise for Jan as I share the same feelings, but the last aprt that I quoted here, somehow is a bit confusing. I did not understand if you meant for myself and Jan to explain or the other two users and Jan.
Absolutely no offense meant by my saying that.

No offense taken. I appreciate my writing style sometimes can get well.... "goofy". :)

Simply put - so far, only you and Jan have attempted to answer, or address in any way, my question posted in post #40.

I was not looking for either of you to answer that. Rather, one of the others, who seem to be in here DEFENDING Skyride (by mostly deflection tactics), and to bring the thread back on topic... Specifically adressing the issue of these signs. Which is, what I thought we were supposed to be talking about, and the purpose of this entire thread.

Hey, I gave them an opening. I'm not from the area. Maybe it's a "regional thing"? I'd like to understand.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I'm not condemning, nor bashing anyone in here. In fact, I don't really even have a dog in this fight, directly, locally, per-se at all.

All I am trying to do is get an answer to my question posed, early-on, (post #40) BEFORE THIS THREAD DRIFTED INTO NOW apparently ATTACKS AND BASHING of one another - based upon my observation as an "outsider" to all this.

Do you think you could help me, or be able to address the (I thought) very straight-forward QUESTION as posed in my post in here, #40 in the thread?

At the risk of now myself becoming the target of insults and bashing (I hope we don't have to go down that road between us - I don't even know you, I don't think) - I'm asking you directly. Can you either answer, or address my post #40 possibly?

Thank you.
Blues,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

And your mothers have Cat Aids. Fight for the cure people.

Okay now. That was mature. :S

get use to it. That is the kind of people you are dealing with. If you want to see more go to ASCs website and read their forum. It looks like a bunch of undisciplined 3rd graders are using it.

And your mothers have Cat Aids. Fight for the cure people.

Okay now. That was mature. :S

get use to it. That is the kind of people you are dealing with. If you want to see more go to ASCs website and read their forum. It looks like a bunch of undisciplined 3rd graders are using it.

Ain't that the truth. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BUT!Lets get this forum back on topic so it doesn't get locked. It's providing too much entertainment for that.
Back to the signs.
So I decided to look into this sign business for myself. Get it from the horses mouth as it were. I called the number on the sign and it went straight to this guy in Russellville who said they'd be operational in 2009.
Go figure.
Explain THAT Mr. Jumpdude!!!!

BUT!Lets get this forum back on topic so it doesn't get locked. It's providing too much entertainment for that.
Back to the signs.
So I decided to look into this sign business for myself. Get it from the horses mouth as it were. I called the number on the sign and it went straight to this guy in Russellville who said they'd be operational in 2009.
Go figure.
Explain THAT Mr. Jumpdude!!!!

1-800-505-JUMP goes to Cedartown, Ga.
There it is again, Another lie by Chuck!
If you had called someone involved with the DZ at Russellville, you would have called a 615 area code number that is in TOTAL Compliance with the Tennessee State Law! I advertise a local number, have a 615 area code, I live in the 615 area code, and I answer the calls in the 615 local calling area! In total compliance with the law!
I am our call center, and I am in the local calling area! I do not forward my call to a call center outside the local alling area!
Where is the person at when they answer either the 1-800-505-JUMP or especially the 615-255-1499 number? They are in CEDARTOWN, GA! IN VIOLATION OF TENNESSEE STATE LAW!

If your fraudulent company were not posting signs out to scam the customer in to buying your BS Fake gift certificates that they can't use IN Nashville, we would not be wasting our time exposing more of your scams and lies!
Admit it Chuck, you lied at the beginning of this thread, and you lied again by trying to make someone think that it is us doing the signs.

There's your explaination! Not you need to explain why you are soo ashamed of working for sLyride that you don't claim your own advertising.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Jeez, first you guys are the fun police and now you're the humor police.
Any other areas of my life you disapprove of?
You don't see me on here spouting off about how Jumpdude makes an interesting appearance on the registered sex offender list do you?
No.
Because what he does in his spare time is his business.

Hmm.. Well, again I called the number from the sign and AGAIN it went to a guy in Russellville.
So why don't you drop your LIES Mr. Jumpdude.
Fess up to the signs you've put out all over town!
There it is though! You've lied in front of everybody and God. What are you going to do now?

I called the number as well, not only is Russelville not open until 2009 but they are not even in Nashville as they advertise. I called this ASC number instead and they sent me to an awesome dropzone right outside of nashville. Everyone was having a great time jumping out of a maintained turbine aircraft, smiles on all the faces. It was almost like they were having a good time. Maybe these folks should put up some signs in Nashville cause it is definitely the place i want to jump.

If your fraudulent company were not posting signs out to scam the customer in to buying your BS Fake gift certificates that they can't use IN Nashville, we would not be wasting our time exposing more of your scams and lies!

Wow... in that case you can stop harassing us. Go ahead and buy a GC, tell the people at the call center you're from Nashville and see what happens. Bet you'll see us in Clarksville having a great time.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see you - I heard you look like Joe Dirt's older brother. I loved that movie!

Oh wait, no they don't. Dang it. I just can't keep the lies from coming out.

I really hope that by now you realize how you must look Jumpdude... Because I'm kind of tired of typing.

Refer to the post in which I point out your erroneous assertion that bad airplanes equals good business.

You said it here yourself. You are the call center for the dropzone that put people's lives in harm's way.

I'm not going to go champion the cause of deferring people from your services (if they're ever even actually offered again), so please stop trying to defer people from our services.

Your one warning. Avoid personal attacks; stick to discussing the issue please.

Note on this thread -

This is a sticky area, because many skydivers have complaints (many of them valid) against Skyride and/or certain drop zones. There is nothing wrong with attacking them or attacking certain drop zones. Doing so is NOT the same as a personal attack, even if you like the drop zone so much that you are offended by the comment.

However, such comments cannot cross the line into personal attacks. Saying that a company is doing something that is in violation of state law is not a problem - but saying someone should be ashamed of themselves is. That is true even when you are certain they _should_ be ashamed of themselves.

As always, if a poster feels they cannot control themselves (i.e. cannot refrain from personal attacks) do not post here. Likewise, if they are enraged by comments about a personal favorite drop zone or company, do not read this forum. However, if you want to talk about just the company, or the drop zone, that's OK.