Jvx

Rig choices

So lookjg for a new rig. Have jumped and had around 4 mirage containers. Started jumping an older infinity years ago... micron is OUT due to the 9 MONTH WAITING TIME!!! Might just stick with Mirage but damn can never get anyone to get back too me. pisses me off. Even just a quick email would be nice. So looked into Infinity. Not too familiar with them. What do people have to say about Infinity ?? Also have considered the Curve. But not with a $3000 price tag. Not even considering it anymore. ( unless they throw a new optimum 126 in;)) thanks guys. Just trying to get some opinions before i choose Friday.

Buy an Infinity. I'm into my 8th season on mine, and it's been bulletproof the entire time. About 1500 jumps, no problems of any kind. I never had a problem with customer service when I placed my order, and they recently added a new staff member just to handle customer contact.

I'm not sure what their wait time is right now, but with the money you save over the other rigs you mentioned, you can pay the rush and get your rig ASAP and still have money left in your pocket.

just got my custom infinity in and I love the way it fits and feels. I got almost every option they had for 2819. The black hardware looks amazing and you can design anything you want since they teamed up with liquid sky. They came come with extra wide leg straps and I hear it is very comfortable under canopy (Still wanting to try mine out)

I also have a wings and just sold my mirage and I like the way the infinity fits out of all of them

uploaded some pictures so you can see the black hardware and a very standard unique design they offer.

+1 for Infinity.

I am on my second one. Very comfortable, well-built and thought-out.

Plus the company is very responsive. Speak to Flora if you have any questions - she has helped me out with a couple of things and always gets back to me in a timely manner.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

My DZ has mirage and vector rental gear and they're both pretty nice rigs. I kind of like the magnetic riser covers on a couple of the larger vectors there a bit more than tuck tabs, but I've heard some people have problems with them, too. I'm leaning toward the Vector if I had a choice, but I don't really want to wait until next year to get a rig.

Both brands are obviously able to take a lot of abuse -- we have newbies doing all sorts of stuff to them and they're holding up VERY well. Both brands are very comfortable and the construction appears to be pretty solid to my untrained eye.

I've had some skydivers go on about the benefits of the skyhook at me, but I view it as a nice-to-have option. My hard deck is high enough that a couple hundred extra feet on the reserve opening wouldn't be a problem. If you're a chronic low-puller, that's something to consider.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

So lookjg for a new rig. Have jumped and had around 4 mirage containers. Started jumping an older infinity years ago... micron is OUT due to the 9 MONTH WAITING TIME!!! Might just stick with Mirage but damn can never get anyone to get back too me. pisses me off. Even just a quick email would be nice. So looked into Infinity. Not too familiar with them. What do people have to say about Infinity ?? Also have considered the Curve. But not with a $3000 price tag. Not even considering it anymore. ( unless they throw a new optimum 126 in;)) thanks guys. Just trying to get some opinions before i choose Friday.

hullo..new in the sport and i'm still renting gear until i get to a comfortable wing to fly. But i've heard alot of people rave and crave and swear to the Almighty that the Curve is the rig to end all rigs. Why isn't it worth the $3000?

Thanks

I'm not saying it is or not the $3k, but most large dealers will have a discount on the Curv. I know Square2 does.

IIRC it is about ~$2500 through them. The bonus for RI products is not having to worry about all the "options" - the rigs, for the most part, simply come with everything standard.

My FX was ~2000-2100 something like that...via Square 1. Came with everything instead of spending a few hundred bucks for stainless, articulation etc. Very comfy, too.

I was trying to decide between Mirage, Infinity and Wings, Mirage in that exact order. Ended up ordering Mirage through Rigs and Things. It was only couple of hundred $$ more expensive compared to other 2 after loading them all with options, which was worth for me. Infinity had longer production time by 2 or 3 weeks. Infinity and Wings are considered cheaper rigs, which is not really true any longer, they are pretty much in the same price range with Mirage. They are both nice rigs, don't get me wrong, I just like Mirage better. I'm sure you'll be happy with any of those rigs. Good luck!

hullo..new in the sport and i'm still renting gear until i get to a comfortable wing to fly. But i've heard alot of people rave and crave and swear to the Almighty that the Curve is the rig to end all rigs. Why isn't it worth the $3000?

Thanks

Its just NOT worth ths 3k price tag... I think cause its new and hot and ALOT of R&d went into it they have to recoup some $$$... I ve tried it on and its nice...Nothing over the top just nice. It kinda has a wide feel/look to it. As in it look like it covers your whole back.. Im gonna stick with Mirage. Imo they are a top tier rig. Always been good to me.

I got a custom Infinty brand new 2 years ago.

If it gets wrecked or stolen or something else, I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

I like the pin protection, riser protection, and comfort of it.

But a lot of people have other brands of rigs and they like them too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

What do people have to say about Infinity ??

Black
Hardware!

I hadn't seen the black hardware before, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. Does it have any benefits other than looking cool?

If anything, I'd say having your metal the same colour as your harness/ risers would make it less likely that you or another person would spot a routing problem. True, it's probably marginal, but I can think of other (more extreme) examples where safety has been compromised for the sake of aesthetics.

Black
Hardware!

I hadn't seen the black hardware before, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. Does it have any benefits other than looking cool?

If anything, I'd say having your metal the same colour as your harness/ risers would make it less likely that you or another person would spot a routing problem. True, it's probably marginal, but I can think of other (more extreme) examples where safety has been compromised for the sake of aesthetics.

I have it on mine and I don't think it blends in as much as you might think.

I like the look and I am confident of my ability to set up my rig correctly so for me it's an aesthetic choice with no safety worries. YMMV.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Black
Hardware!

I have a picture of it on my rig posted a few posts up. It's labeled 2.png and no there isn't any other benefits of it besides looking "cool" but that is what everyone goes for right?

Thanks

Its just NOT worth ths 3k price tag... I think cause its new and hot and ALOT of R&d went into it they have to recoup some $$$... I ve tried it on and its nice...Nothing over the top just nice. It kinda has a wide feel/look to it. As in it look like it covers your whole back.. Im gonna stick with Mirage. Imo they are a top tier rig. Always been good to me.

They aren't 3K, more like 2500 like many others. And to many, it is worth the price. Quotes from riggers I know: "By far the most comfortable rig I've ever had on", "Sandy knocked it out of the park with the Curv", "I'd buy it for the Bio-Yoke alone". To say definitively that "they aren't worth it", is just your opinion.

You seemed set on the Mirage from the start. This is more of a "Aren't Mirages teh awesumz" thread, than a genuine discussion of the merits of different rigs.

there isn't any other benefits of it besides looking "cool" but that is what everyone goes for right?

I've heard some people factor in quality, comfort, durability, ease of packing and safety. But they're probably in the minority. :P;)

Look at how many flaps, and in what configuration(s) enclose your reserve container. Then, overlay that with how (whichever rig you are considering) is even further structured with your main closed. Imagine/envision how your reserve may need to clear all that, and effectively deploy in multiple scenarios. Including potentially even with your main still in the pack-tray.

Or not.

And just go for whatever is seemingly the "coolest" at the moment, and have at it.

Form, function, functionality - Doesn't any of that even enter into anyone's considerations anymore? [:/]

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Look at how many flaps, and in what configuration(s) enclose your reserve container. Then, overlay that with how (whichever rig you are considering) is even further structured with your main closed. Imagine/envision how your reserve may need to clear all that, and effectively deploy with your main still in the pack-tray.

Or not.

And just go for whatever is seemingly the "coolest" at the moment, and have at it.

Form, function, functionality - Doesn't any of that even enter into anyone's considerations anymore? [:/]

the last rig I bought was a complete T-10 system :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM