1 1
billvon

Taylor Swift -and- consipracy conflation

In a previous post I listed a few characteristics of conspiracy theorists.  I've also noted that the conspiracy theories themselves tend have similar characteristics.  One thing I've noticed with the Taylor Swift conspiracy theory, for example, is opponent conflation - the addition of other enemies to a conspiracy theory to attempt to draw a wider audience.

MTG did this recently with her secret Jewish laser conspiracy theory.  By sucking in a secret Jewish cabal (i.e. "the Rothschilds") she made her theory more appealing to white supremacists like Patriot Front, and thus she expanded the appeal of the conspiracy theory.

We are seeing this happening now in the Taylor Swift conspiracy theory.  Yesterday a FOX News anchor spouted the following: "Well, around four years ago the Pentagon’s psychological operations unit floated turning Taylor Swift into an asset, during a NATO meeting."  By dragging NATO into the conspiracy theory (an organization that is, bizarrely, hated by Trump supporters) FOX News makes it more appealing to its isolationist viewers.  And that, in turn, drives viewership, who will want more bad stuff 'bout Swift.

I look forward to the coming weeks, where we will discover that Colin Kaepernick convinced Kelce to join the psyop when he met with him in the basement of a pizza place and gave him Hunter's laptop, and that a Bud Light loving drag queen set them up in a library.

28 minutes ago, normiss said:

I read a news post about some MAGAT claiming Taylor was after Kelce for the $70,000 bonus he received for winning the AFC championship.

On Facebook I saw the magic name "Soros" appear - he's apparently behind it all.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

I read a news post about some MAGAT claiming Taylor was after Kelce for the $70,000 bonus he received for winning the AFC championship.

Completely ignorant of the fact she's a self made billionaire.

Genius.

70k? That’s probably about what it will cost her to fly her jet from Tokyo to see him play in the big game.

And you know who else is behind Taylor Swift?  That's right!  SATAN!

Georgia republican chair Kandiss Taylor: “I tried to warn y’all back in October that the influence of Taylor Swift on our youth with witchcraft was demonic, evil, and Luciferian. Of course, Satan wants to use her now to elect Joe back into the White House to destroy what’s left of America. No surprise here.”

Didn't we go through all of this in the 80's with all the satanic-influence-in-music nonsense?  You think we'd learn.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

I look forward to the coming weeks, where we will discover that Colin Kaepernick convinced Kelce to join the psyop when he met with him in the basement of a pizza place and gave him Hunter's laptop, and that a Bud Light loving drag queen set them up in a library.

OK, that's part of your history now. You can predict the future! When it happens (closer to the election, of course), we'll have proof.

Wendy P.

The conspiracy nuts now have MATHEMATICAL PROOF that this is a conspiracy.  Check it out:

Taylor Swift's favorite number is 13, which is odd to begin with.
The Chiefs are playing the 49ers. 4+9=13!
This is Superbowl 58. 5+8=13!
If she goes to the Superbowl, it will be the 13th game she attended!
The game is on Feb 11th, or 2/11.  2+11=13!
The flight from Tokyo to Las Vegas will be . . . 13 hours!

There's no other reasonable explanation.  This was PLANNED!

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

The conspiracy nuts now have MATHEMATICAL PROOF that this is a conspiracy.  Check it out:

Taylor Swift's favorite number is 13, which is odd to begin with.
The Chiefs are playing the 49ers. 4+9=13!
This is Superbowl 58. 5+8=13!
If she goes to the Superbowl, it will be the 13th game she attended!
The game is on Feb 11th, or 2/11.  2+11=13!
The flight from Tokyo to Las Vegas will be . . . 13 hours!

There's no other reasonable explanation.  This was PLANNED!

So which one of those be nice and patiently explain and when they go low we go high explanations would you try with someone, anyone, who believed that?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Georgia republican chair Kandiss Taylor: “I tried to warn y’all back in October that the influence of Taylor Swift on our youth with witchcraft was demonic, evil, and Luciferian. Of course, Satan wants to use her now to elect Joe back into the White House to destroy what’s left of America. No surprise here.”

And in the 'there's no evidence that can't fit a conspiracy' side of things - if the No1 seed and bookies favourite 49ers do beat the Chiefs and win the Superbowl it'll be absolute proof that the Satanic Democrat Cabal had to abandon their plans and cover their tracks because these diligent internet researchers discovered THE TRUTH.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, billvon said:

And you know who else is behind Taylor Swift?  That's right!  SATAN!

Didn't we go through all of this in the 80's with all the satanic-influence-in-music nonsense?  You think we'd learn.

Just you wait and see. When they play her music backwards Beetlejuice AND Satan will appear! 

This tweet is instructive because it hits several conservative memes at once:

- Women who have sex with people other than you are less valuable
- A woman's primary use to men is to bear children
- An older woman is less valuable; an older man is more valuable
- A rich woman upsets the traditional "man is the head of the household" family because she might have more agency
- Gay people are defective, confused and immoral, so calling someone "gay" is an insult

image.png.fd31b44661013e173ecb98637dcf1d15.png

On the surface it makes little sense why MAGAs are so anti-Swift.  She's an Aryan-looking white woman who is going out with a white guy - a football hero at that - and you'd think that would set all their "traditional white family!" neurons to firing.

The reason for this may be that she rejected them years ago, and they are still smarting.

In 2016, Andre Anglin, writer at the white supremacist blog the Daily Stormer, said this about her: 

"Firstly, Taylor Swift is a pure Aryan goddess, like something out of classical Greek poetry. Athena reborn. That's the most important thing.  It is also an established fact that Taylor Swift is secretly a Nazi and is simply waiting for the time when Donald Trump makes it safe for her to come out and announce her Aryan agenda to the world. Probably, she will be betrothed to Trump's son, and they will be crowned American royalty."

And they went with that for a while, fantasizing how Swift would take her place with Trump to crush the libs.

Then to their horror she said this in 2019:

“There’s literally nothing worse than white supremacy. It’s repulsive. There should be no place for it. Really, I keep trying to learn as much as I can about politics, and it’s become something I’m now obsessed with, whereas before, I was living in this sort of political ambivalence, because the person I voted for had always won. We were in such an amazing time when Obama was president because foreign nations respected us. We were so excited to have this dignified person in the White House. My first election was voting for him when he made it into office, and then voting to re-elect him. I think a lot of people are like me, where they just didn’t really know that this could happen. But I’m just focused on the 2020 election. I’m really focused on it. I’m really focused on how I can help and not hinder.”

Then in 2020 things got worse, much worse:

“The change we need most is to elect a president who recognizes that people of color deserve to feel safe and represented, that women deserve the right to choose what happens to their bodies, and that the LGBTQIA+ community deserves to be acknowledged and included. Everyone deserves a government that takes global health risks seriously and puts the lives of its people first. The only way we can begin to make things better is to choose leaders who are willing to face these issues and find ways to work through them.  I will proudly vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in this year’s presidential election. Under their leadership, I believe America has a chance to start the healing process it so desperately needs.”

And perhaps that sets her apart from the run-of-the-mill liberal celebrity - she was "one of them" for a little while (at least in their minds) and thus her betrayal hurt all the more.

1 hour ago, grimmie said:

If Trump picks a fight with her, he will really be burnt toast.

There are far more Swifties that are voting age than MAGA nutters.

And she has a much larger bullhorn on the internet than he does.

Um, let's not forget the same certainty espoused by so many in November 2016.

10 hours ago, billvon said:

On the surface it makes little sense why MAGAs are so anti-Swift. ...

And perhaps that sets her apart from the run-of-the-mill liberal celebrity - she was "one of them" for a little while (at least in their minds) and thus her betrayal hurt all the more.

Female, White, billionaire, a brain and with millions of fans. Its no wonder republicans feel threatened. Setting aside the whole NFL thing of course.

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Um, let's not forget the same certainty espoused by so many in November 2016.

In regards to voting? It was correct in 2016 when Trump lost the popular vote. Just like he did in 2020 for that matter, yet by a larger margin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, normiss said:

In regards to voting? It was correct in 2016 when Trump lost the popular vote. Just like he did in 2020 for that matter, yet by a larger margin.

Trump won in 2016. Many were completely certain he would lose. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Trump won in 2016. Many were completely certain he would lose. 

Hillary beat Trump in the popular vote by almost 2.9 million votes.

"This is the only office in the land where you can get more votes and still lose the presidency"

Edited by normiss

8 minutes ago, normiss said:

Hillary beat Trump in the popular vote by almost 2.9 million votes.

"This is the only office in the land where you can get more votes and still lose the presidency"

She also beat him on intelligence, knowledge of governance, politeness, wit, and a number of other irrelevancies to electing a US President. Any or all of them together, along with a ten spot, will get you a beer in BillVon's favorite brewery.