1 1
jakee

Republicans formalise Biden Impeachment inquiry…

3 hours ago, winsor said:

Again, paying attention would help.

Why post at all if you refuse to actually say anything?

3 hours ago, winsor said:

question the sanity of anyone who supports either outright.  

I hope your back's ok after moving those goalposts so fast.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, normiss said:

That's all they are too, words.

Absofuckinlutely no evidence of it.

Not so, they have mountains of evidence, they keep telling us! For instance Comer knows that Hunter's checks to Joe aren't really loan repayments. He knows this because when he lent his teenage daughter a little bit of emergency spending money in college he never asked for it back Therefore if Biden had lent his 50 year old son money for rent and to buy a car he definitely wouldn't have asked for it back either.

That's ironclad evidence, sheeple!

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

Just like Rudy Giuliani's trial for defamation, where he repeatedly kept holding presser's outside the courthouse, announcing he was going to prove his accusations against the plaintiff's were true...then never testified, and the trial has now gone to the jury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Why post at all if you refuse to actually say anything?

I hope you're back's ok after moving those goalposts so fast.

Agree. i would say that there seems to be little evidence against President Biden. Certainly not enough for impeachment.

BUT,  Hunter is the poster child for smoke and red flags. Be it conduct, or cash coming and going. Hunter is a magnet for suspicious conduct. FOX and its associated idiot viewers will have a field day with this. President Biden will be paint splattered by the time its done. He should not however be punished for loving his son. He does have a decades long political career without even a hint of misconduct. The odd self aggrandising lie aside. Which pales in comparison to most politicians and is in a separate universe compared to the orange idiot.

47 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Just like Rudy Giuliani's trial for defamation, where he repeatedly kept holding presser's outside the courthouse, announcing he was going to prove his accusations against the plaintiff's were true...then never testified, and the trial has now gone to the jury.

It’s even worse than that - like with Trump in NY the trial is just to decide damages. Rudy refused to engage with the discovery process until summary judgement was made against him. So he’s standing outside court saying he regrets nothing and makes no apologies because all the things he said were true…. when it’s already a matter of legal fact that they were not true and were intentionally defamatory. 

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Which pales in comparison to most politicians and is in a separate universe compared to the orange idiot.

Sort of the MO of most conservatives.

Democrat does something bad: "So much for the party of accountabilty!  We see now that only a lunatic would vote for a democrat over a republican.  Republicans keep their word and the economy thrives under them!  And they protect kids!  If you're old and you don't vote republican you have no brain.  They are completely different as any fool can see!"

Republican does something bad: "Well, both sides are the same."

4 hours ago, winsor said:

Again, paying attention would help.

I'm pretty sure my initial point was that impeachment is largely a waste of time.

I do not think either of these clowns are interchangeable.  If that's what you got out of what I said, your reading comprehension is weak.

I do think they both suck out loud, for very different reasons, and question the sanity of anyone who supports either outright.  Anyone unaware of the long standing failings of either of them is a lost cause.

Hi winsor,

And, once again you fail to produce anything to support your statements.

Your credibility is getting worse; if that is possible.

Jerry Baumchen

48 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi winsor,

And, once again you fail to produce anything to support your statements.

Your credibility is getting worse; if that is possible.

Jerry Baumchen

'Sokay, feel free to killfile me.  Unfortunately, some posters can't be killfiled and must be actively ignored (it's a feature, not a bug).

My point is that anyone who thinks highly of Biden is either ignorant of his track record or would support him regardless of what I say, so it isn't worth my time.  I also think impeachment is a complete waste of time.

Keeping Biden in office makes 'President Harris' that much more unlikely, though both sides have rather a few second raters in the wings.

1 hour ago, winsor said:

My point is that anyone who thinks highly of Biden is either ignorant of his track record or would support him regardless of what I say, so it isn't worth my time. 

First, those are two different things. There are many other reasons not to think highly of someone than corruption. You said corruption, and are now frantically backpedalling because you can't back it up.

Second, you used the word 'or'. So while the second group may not be worth your time, the first group surely is worth your time - they only think highly of Biden because they don't know what you know. So why keep it to yourself? Do you want him to win?

Edited by jakee

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

As an imperfect person, I tend to see shades between the two extremes.

I did not think there was any room for shaded thinking in this arena anymore. You know, like one POTUS said. You are either with us or agin us. The next thing you know waffling sets in!

12 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I did not think there was any room for shaded thinking in this arena anymore. You know, like one POTUS said. You are either with us or agin us. The next thing you know waffling sets in!

I like waffles. With butter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

If the choice is binary, either someone is absolutely perfect or irredeemably corrupt, it seems only perhaps Winsor passes the test.  As an imperfect person, I tend to see shades between the two extremes.

At my alma mater academic dishonesty was the surest way to end your studies.  I made it quite clear to my students that cheating was one thing I would not tolerate, and nobody ever accused me of cheating.

Biden was reported to have engaged in plagiarism and graduated anyway.  He is on the record making various statements that are patiently false, as well as some that are absolutely moronic.

He is on the record demanding the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor whose corruption investigation threatened Hunter's business dealings, withholding $1 B of US aid as leverage.

"Irregularities" regarding investments in Delaware were not investigated because of the position of the owner.  The auditor was fuming that anyone else who transgressed thusly would be in prison for rather a while.

If he was a Huey P. Long type of competent but corrupt politician, it might be different.  Unfortunately, he was not overly sharp at his peak.

If he represents your values, it says more about you than it does about him.

5 minutes ago, winsor said:

He is on the record demanding the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor whose corruption investigation threatened Hunter's business dealings, withholding $1 B of US aid as leverage.

Ah, so you're one of those Republican parrots. This is one of those things that has been so thoroughly dismantled as an anti-Biden story for anyone willing to engage their own brain for all of ten seconds that it's just not worth anyone's time to explain it to you again. You're clearly never going to change your mind no matter what anyone says.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, winsor said:

At my alma mater academic....

If he represents your values, it says more about you than it does about him.

I'll give full credit for a response with substance. It's too bad that some of your obvious intellect couldn't recognize the weakness of a democracy. Yet at the same time applaud its success as well. I guess in the parapet of the ivory tower all elected officials are corrupt stooges of the ignorant masses.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I'll give full credit for a response with substance. It's too bad that some of your obvious intellect couldn't recognize the weakness of a democracy. Yet at the same time applaud its success as well. I guess in the parapet of the ivory tower all elected officials are corrupt stooges of the ignorant masses.

I reiterate my contention that stupidity is our only inexhaustible natural resource.  Whoever is willing and able to tap into it is set for life.

In Trump's case, I hope he has overplayed his hand and gets his very own Elba.

36 minutes ago, winsor said:

I reiterate my contention that stupidity is our only inexhaustible natural resource.  Whoever is willing and able to tap into it is set for life.

In Trump's case, I hope he has overplayed his hand and gets his very own Elba.

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And you fault Biden for plagiarism? That's rich.

I'll credit winsor for baby steps to engagement of his underutilized debating skills. If he used Joe's wit-humor equally with substance. The conservative right would have in SC its own William Buckley.to keep the liberals in check.

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I'll credit winsor for baby steps to engagement of his underutilized debating skills. If he used Joe's wit-humor equally with substance. The conservative right would have in SC its own William Buckley.to keep the liberals in check.

You've unhorsed me again. Tell you what, I'll give you all of Lippy's 4 free jumps if you block me.

6 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I just hope Trump gets the Rosenberg penalty for his espionage.