1 1
GeorgiaDon

Israel attacks Hamas...Then What?

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I do not see how something published 20 months prior to the 7 Oct attack proves that some Palestinians do not support the attack by Hamas.

Your own post proves that wrong.  56% of Palestinians do NOT support Hamas.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

100% of the people who were granted the apartments and homes of deported Jews supported Hitler, too. It is never, goddamnit because I hate the expression, black and white. There, I wrote it. It's always more nuanced, more complicated, and really, more interesting.

20 hours ago, billvon said:

Hi Bill & others,

My premise is and still is that I have not heard even one Palestinian say that the attack of 7 Oct was wrong.

That is what all of you have failed to counter.  Where is your example?

You all have done just about everything but address this issue.

Jerry Baumchen

28 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill & others,

My premise is and still is that I have not heard even one Palestinian say that the attack of 7 Oct was wrong.

Jerry Baumchen

Well, you’re the only person who’s heard everything you’ve heard.

Wendy P. 

Hi Bill & others,

Where is yours? Why did you just link to an article and quote part of it to support your position, when you apparently don't actually believe anything it says?

Hi Bill & others,

My premise is and still is that I have not heard even one Palestinian say that the attack of 7 Oct was wrong 

Hi Jerry, 

I’m not sure if any have, but I would be surprised if none have. I have a question for you. Do you think Israel is doing anything wrong at this time?

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill & others,

Jerry Baumchen

According to a recent poll 22% of Palestinians believe the attack was wrong. While I support Israel's idea that Hamas has to be eliminated. The Netanyahu war plan is not protecting civilians enough. Israel is going to be seen as the bully, the oppressor after the war. They can't even sustain the talking points anymore that Hamas is the bad guy.

Beheading Jewish children and raping Jewish women then parading them naked on the streets of Gaza. Has been lost because of how they are treating the civilian populations.

The radical Zionist illegal settler clans control the government and the current agenda for unrestricted punishment of Gaza. Its a mistake that will cost Israel in the US because young Israeli- Americans and American Jews are shocked by what is happening. Biden won't have Israels back forever.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Beheading Jewish children and raping Jewish women then parading them naked on the streets of Gaza. Has been lost because of how they are treating the civilian populations.

Once the collective punishment ratio reached a death count of 10:1 it was probably time to stop and move to a new phase. Israel is not going to be able to achieve it's real goal. Which is to force those who want to destroy it  out of the territory.

56 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Once the collective punishment ratio reached a death count of 10:1 it was probably time to stop and move to a new phase. Israel is not going to be able to achieve it's real goal. Which is to force those who want to destroy it  out of the territory.

I like (good)polls because it does away with subjective views and reporting that can be wildly inaccurate. Here is the latest Life in Israel After Oct. 7 in 5 Charts

What happens after Biden who has Israel's back is out of office. trump has similar views on Israel but Israel is burning bridges fast. IMO a two state solution and ending the hold that Zionist settlers have on the coalition government is a necessity. Those poll numbers suggest that nothing like that is close.

In the meantime the only real friend that the Palestinians seem to have is Iran. A recipe for more war. Because Egypt, Jordan and the other regional states despise Hamas and don't want refugees coming on their territory.

On 12/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, gowlerk said:

Hi Jerry, 

I’m not sure if any have, but I would be surprised if none have. I have a question for you. Do you think Israel is doing anything wrong at this time?

Hi Ken,

Yes, IMO it is time to have another ceasefire & get the hostages released.  Then, and a 'maybe' then, some progress can be made.

Israel has shown that it can wipe Gaza off of the map.  It is up to Hamas to decide how much they want left.

Jerry Baumchen

On 12/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

H

Israel has shown that it can wipe Gaza off of the map.  It is up to Hamas to decide how much they want left.

Jerry Baumchen

“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind” seems to apply here.  It is frequently attributed to Gandhi.  but no example of its use by Gandhi himself has ever been discovered.

It's more likely that the biographer of Gandhi, Louis Fischer, used it in his biography to illustrate Gandhi's philosophy.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

Yes, IMO it is time to have another ceasefire & get the hostages released.  Then, and a 'maybe' then, some progress can be made.

Jerry Baumchen

I'll direct your attention to Article Thirteen of the Hamas Charter "Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement." and 'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.'

Furthermore " 'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him."

and for anyone who doubts the power of Jews "

"With their money they stirred

revolutions in various parts of the globe... They  stood  behind  the

French  Revolution,  the  Communist  Revolution  and  most   of   the

revolutions we hear about... With  their  money  they  formed  secret

organizations - such as the Freemasons, Rotary Clubs and the Lions  -

which are spreading around the world, in order to  destroy  societies

and carry out Zionist interests... They stood behind World War I  ...

and formed the League of Nations through which they  could  rule  the

world. They were behind World War II, through which  they  made  huge

financial gains... There is no war going  on  anywhere  without  them

having their finger in it.' (Article 22)"

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I'll direct your attention to Article Thirteen of the Hamas Charter "Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement." and 'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.'

Furthermore " 'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him."

and for anyone who doubts the power of Jews "

"With their money they stirred

revolutions in various parts of the globe... They  stood  behind  the

French  Revolution,  the  Communist  Revolution  and  most   of   the

revolutions we hear about... With  their  money  they  formed  secret

organizations - such as the Freemasons, Rotary Clubs and the Lions  -

which are spreading around the world, in order to  destroy  societies

and carry out Zionist interests... They stood behind World War I  ...

and formed the League of Nations through which they  could  rule  the

world. They were behind World War II, through which  they  made  huge

financial gains... There is no war going  on  anywhere  without  them

having their finger in it.' (Article 22)"

I know people who say much the same nonsense as that about the USA.