timski

THIS IS WRONG!

17 hours ago, billvon said:

The difference between you and I is that you want to be able to decide the spin, to decide which agenda to pursue and subject people to.  I'd rather leave it up to the people themselves.

That is EXACTLY right.  And a local high school decides who competes at that school - they do not decide the game of life.  But many conservatives do not think that, and feel that if a trans woman competes with other women at the high school level, it somehow damages society at large.

So, the few individuals it does actually do harm to are collateral damage. Sorry about your luck I guess...

17 minutes ago, timski said:

So, the few individuals it does actually do harm to are collateral damage. Sorry about your luck I guess...

Yep.  

And if you go the other way you deny 1.6 million people the right to compete in sports.  Sorry about them!  Hey, they're only a million or so, so who cares?  Certainly not you.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  

And if you go the other way you deny 1.6 million people the right to compete in sports.  Sorry about them!  Hey, they're only a million or so, so who cares?  Certainly not you.

OR, simply stay in your lane, and avoid the "drama". 

25 minutes ago, timski said:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/06/14/white-house-pride-event-topless-transgender-activist-cprog-orig-aw.cnn

WHAT an "honor". Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too! You're playing by the girls' rules now. 

Thankfully Trump isn't President anymore, he would have moved on her like a bitch.

34 minutes ago, timski said:

OR, simply stay in your lane, and avoid the "drama". 

Yep.  A lot of black kids were told that circa 1950.  A lot of gay people were told that circa 1990.  Specifically I think Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Harvey Milk and Ruby Bridges were all told to stay where they belonged.  

Personally I am glad they did not dodge the drama.  I think we are all better off for their efforts to not stay in their lanes.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  A lot of black kids were told that circa 1950.  A lot of gay people were told that circa 1990.  Specifically I think Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Harvey Milk and Ruby Bridges were all told to stay where they belonged.  

Personally I am glad they did not dodge the drama.  I think we are all better off for their efforts to not stay in their lanes.

Or their "assigned genders". I'm sure it'll be a better world for all.   

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Then why aren't you staying in your lane, you are neither transgender, nor a female athlete.

It's ok to be "triggered", however THIS is an open forum for DEBATE. What was i thinking? It's ok to not agree, it's how one presents themselves in the debate that matters. 

For the record, if I didn't have two beautiful little people to raise, foster, nurture and care for, I'd give A LOT less fucks on the matter. Also, I've already raised a beautiful girl to adulthood, and have already had to explain the freak show...      

9 minutes ago, timski said:

For the record, if I didn't have two beautiful little people to raise, foster, nurture and care for, I'd give A LOT less fucks on the matter. Also, I've already raised a beautiful girl to adulthood, and have already had to explain the freak show... 

And if one of those little people turned out to be trans, would you also be explaining to them how you consider them a freak?

1 minute ago, mistercwood said:

And if one of those little people turned out to be trans, would you also be explaining to them how you consider them a freak?

I'm one person, not the entire world. Perspective. And to be clear, I'll be the first to do the explaining. 

1 hour ago, timski said:

....r. Also, I've already raised a beautiful girl to adulthood, and have already had to explain the freak show...      

You've raised her to adulthood and are explaining to her now your views on Post-Stonewall LGBT Conservationism?

4 hours ago, timski said:

I'm one person, not the entire world. Perspective. And to be clear, I'll be the first to do the explaining. 

Ok.  So I've asked this before -

Let's say your beautiful girl turns out to be genetically male, as tens of thousands of American women are.  And let's say she says she wants to transition to her genetic gender.  What would you tell her?

20 hours ago, billvon said:

Well, to some degree, that's true.

It is very true in abortion.  There are harms done by either decision.

It is _sort_ of true in other questions of rights.  For example, in the Loving vs Virginia case, on the one side was the harm done by not allowing black people to marry white people.  That's an easily quantifiable harm, resulting in less happiness for some people.  On the other side is the loss of the privilege that white men have to have exclusive access to white women.  That's technically a harm, but you'd be hard pressed to equate the two.

In this case, the harm done on one side is a category of people who can no longer compete in sports.  The harm done to the "other side" is that some women, and even fewer men, lose the opportunity to come in first.  Again that seems like it would be hard to claim those two are similar.

Well, apparently it's similar enough that some states are passing legislation to 'protect' the people that want those 'natural women' to come in first.

Those same places are passing laws that deny care to minors.

16 hours ago, timski said:

It's ok to be "triggered", however THIS is an open forum for DEBATE. What was i thinking? It's ok to not agree, it's how one presents themselves in the debate that matters. 

I just figured that if you tell other people to stay in their swim lane, you would also stay in your swim lane. I do realize that expecting some intellectual honesty might be a bit much.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, timski said:

What a JOKE could have been the other headliner...  It's simple "boys and girls", if you wish to compete with "real women", then "boys", you need to commit, 100%. Until then, fair is fair. 

And to be 100% clear: Real women have vagina's, that they were BORN with.  And 100% commitment is surgery that removes the testicles and penis. Any questions? 

I figure they have a better handle on it than you do.

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"

-D Bowie

• Like 5

On 6/14/2023 at 11:46 PM, billvon said:

Ok.  So I've asked this before -

Let's say your beautiful girl turns out to be genetically male, as tens of thousands of American women are.  And let's say she says she wants to transition to her genetic gender.  What would you tell her?

Don't make irreversible decisions and don't go in debt for an elective surgery. I'm sure it would be a little deeper than that! ;)  

5 hours ago, timski said:

Don't make irreversible decisions and don't go in debt for an elective surgery. I'm sure it would be a little deeper than that!  

OK.  Would you support her if she wanted to become her genetic sex?