1 1
ryoder

Brazil/Lula/Bolsonaro

16 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Good riddance to that fu#ker. He messed up the Olympics.Messed up any covid response.Messed up the economy. Bulldozed the rain-forest.

Equally as bad as trump.

Worse, he rides Jet Ski's near boats on anchor at cocktail hour. Unforgivable.

2 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Did Bolsonaro start a dis-information campaign before the election campaign? Did he start accusing his opponents for stuffing ballot boxes before the concept crossed their minds?

He admires Trump, so yes to all of those, to some degree or another.

Wendy P.

15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Oh, this old world
keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

I got to be your friend now, baby
And I would like to move in just a little bit closer

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out, here I come

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

1 minute ago, billvon said:

I got to be your friend now, baby
And I would like to move in just a little bit closer

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out, here I come

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

Dead or alive? I've been punked.

Just let this analysis detonate in your brain:

Thomas Traumann, an independent political analyst, compared the election results with US President Joe Biden’s 2020 victory, noting Brazil’s divisions.

“The huge challenge that Lula has will be to pacify the country,” said Traumann. “People are not only polarised on political matters, but also have different values, identity and opinions. What’s more they don’t care what the other side’s values, identities and opinions are.”

It's not just here, it's burgeoning worldwide. Could be our best solution is a meteor.

7 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats because for trump victimhood is a big part of his identity.

In Brazil Bolsonaro continually trumpeted the ‘Order and Progress’ slogan of their flag, and his supporters say they love him because he brought order to the country.

Now gangs of Bolsonarista truckers are blocking hundreds of Brazilian motorways in protest (some with flaming barricades), the Bolsonarista head of highway police isn’t doing anything about it, other protesters are blocking airports, government buildings and judicial buildings…. all in the name of order.

12 hours ago, jakee said:

In Brazil Bolsonaro continually trumpeted the ‘Order and Progress’ slogan of their flag, and his supporters say they love him because he brought order to the country.

Now gangs of Bolsonarista truckers are blocking hundreds of Brazilian motorways in protest (some with flaming barricades), the Bolsonarista head of highway police isn’t doing anything about it, other protesters are blocking airports, government buildings and judicial buildings…. all in the name of order.

Hi jakee,

Back in 1964 ( I think it was then ), due to crap like this, the military took over ( a coup ) and ran the country until about the late 80's ( I think it was then ).

Could happen again.

Jerry Baumchen

It was 1964, and it wasn’t anything close to this. There was unrest, but it was t organized. But FOC (fear of communism) was strong in any country during that time, so “whatever is necessary” was the catchword.

They were not wonderful military rulers, by and large.

Wendy P. 

14 hours ago, jakee said:

This must be a custom of Latin American countries. The Youtuber "Itchy Boots" travels the world by motorcycle. She got stuck in a massive traffic jam in Southern Mexico caused by disgruntled civilians. She didn't figure out what it was they were protesting, but was able to ride around the traffic jam, because they didn't seem to care about motorcyclists. I'm guessing it may be because bikes are how the lowest-income people travel South of the border, and that is not the demographic the protesters are trying to influence.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:51 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi jakee,

Back in 1964 ( I think it was then ), due to crap like this, the military took over ( a coup ) and ran the country until about the late 80's ( I think it was then ).

Could happen again.

Jerry Baumchen

I wonder if that’s what was going on behind the scenes for those days of silence before he indicated to Brazil’s SC that he’d be stepping aside. Whether he was canvassing for support among military, police and regional government leaders to see if he could mount a successful power grab. 

Or he might just have been sitting in his palace throwing remotes at the TVs and sulking. 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:12 AM, ryoder said:

NYT: Brazil Elects Lula, a Leftist Former Leader, in a Rebuke of Bolsonaro

He won 50.83 percent of the votes, versus Mr. Bolsonaro’s 49.17 percent with 98.81 percent of the vote counted Sunday night.

So will Bolsonaro try a Trump-style coup?

Order and Progress!

‘Law and Order’ Bolsonaristas storm Federal Police HQ

54 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

He did take a lot of inspiration from Trump. Can't quite as much as Orban, because Brazil is even more mixed ethnically than the US

Wendy P.

More inspiration from trump and America. Peru's Pedro Castillo tried a coup. Except in Peru congresscritters really do whats right. He was impeached and jailed immediately.

Like trump this president was a populist. He also promised to look after the little guy. Don't they all?

Generalized corruption is so much a problem in most of S America that there is far less opportunity for a “little guy” to get ahead. Public schools have been cut until they’re not competitive, and the subsidized public universities are really only available to private school students because the public schools just can’t compete.

Wanna see the future of education in America if we continue with subsidizing other education at the expense of public. Yes, rich kids don’t go there often. But y’know — the more they do, the better the chances of the other kids rising.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1