1 1
kallend

If it stopped in 1998. . .

(edited)

What stopped in 1998 wasn't the global warming, it was their thought process.

Non-paywalled version straight from the NOAA: https://www.noaa.gov/news/its-official-july-2021-was-earths-hottest-month-on-record

Prediction: we're not going to get a July update from the troll. (we'll probably get an update in October or something, saying "today was cooler than yesterday, ha!")

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 2

So Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK), author of 2012’s “The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future,” is now claiming that he never called climate change a hoax.

Is there anything the GOP won't lie about?

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

So Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK), author of 2012’s “The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future,” is now claiming that he never called climate change a hoax.

Is there anything the GOP won't lie about?

Is there anything their base won't fall for?

Barnum was right.

59 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Interesting tidbit of info:  Last holdout nation stops sales of toxic leaded gas, a milestone for global health - oregonlive.com

Slowly, but surely, we will get there.

Jerry Baumchen

100LL  ("LL" = "low lead") is available at just about every airport, large or small, in the USA.

Note that is Low Lead, not No Lead.

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

100LL  ("LL" = "low lead") is available at just about every airport, large or small, in the USA.

There is one company in the western world still producing tetraethyllead. In one facility located in Britain. And only one small tanker ship dedicated to shipping it. There is reputed to be some illegal production in China. The future availability of 100LL fuel is very much in doubt.

Edited by gowlerk

2 hours ago, kallend said:

100LL will no longer be available at my local airport.  Not sure of the date, just been decided.  Factions have been trying to get rid of the airport for decades.

(edited)
21 hours ago, headoverheels said:

100LL will no longer be available at my local airport.  Not sure of the date, just been decided.  Factions have been trying to get rid of the airport for decades.

Guess you'll have to upgrade to a Turbine :)

Interestingly, someone that lives in the hangar at my local airport had a kid about a year ago.  The kid had toxic levels of lead in one of her recent checkups.  They immediately moved. 

Kids obviously put a lot of stuff in their mouth and I assume tons of 100LL dust near GA airports.  Anyone aware of studies about flying GA and it's effects?  Not just living near the airport?

Edited by base698

28 minutes ago, base698 said:

Guess you'll have to upgrade to a Turbine :)

Interestingly, someone that lives in the hangar at my local airport had a kid about a year ago.  The kid had toxic levels of lead in one of her recent checkups.  They immediately moved. 

Kids obviously put a lot of stuff in their mouth and I assume tons of 100LL dust near GA airports.  Anyone aware of studies about flying GA and it's effects?  Not just living near the airport?

Miniscule compared to any city street in the 1950s to 1990s.  Leaded gas for road vehicles wasn't banned until 1996.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, kallend said:

Leaded gas for road vehicles wasn't banned until 1996.

That's ridiculous. Just another case of government overreach and tyranny.

I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe page to collect funds to hire a lobbyist* to petition the government to change that.

* Not all funds will be used for hiring purpose. Some funds will be used for overhead, maintenance, future legal fees and business trips to tropical islands.

One of the groundbreaking studies of the effects of lead on children was deliberately done on white children, not because the researcher thought they were the only ones that mattered, but because he knew it would remove that particular argument against the perceived convenience of keeping lead in gas, paint, and other assorted products. 
Wendy P.